Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by earthwerks View Post
    Some of you guys in SVL just do not understand what P1 USA is trying to do. Let me try to explain this as simply as i can. P1 USA is trying to take a class of boats and make them marketable to potential event and team sponsors. To do this they need a group of boats with significant #'s and owners willing to commit to races. the whole idea is that the series as a whole has the value, and it really does not matter to any one but you guys who wins or looses. You WINGNUTTS are already fracturing you group based on small technicalities, and big egos. AT this point there is fare less value in winning a race, then putting on a race, the value is where the action is. By the time there is any more value in winning, then just racing, the playing field will equal itself. Go ahead and make a train wreck out of this, and another class will be happy to take your place.
    Who is P1 USA? Is it the same as the P1 in Europe that flamed out and had to be taken over by UIM? Small technicalities? Like what? The head of P1 USA and well known Fountain guy, knowing full well that a class killing Fountain that did not comply with the nearly 10 year old rules, was on its way without telling anyone ahead of time.

Big egos? Like who? I guess you mean Doc based on the emails I have seen. Mike Tomlinson, perhaps? Martin?

Since P1 does not really exist, maybe it should prove itself with this unidentified "another" class first and let the SVL teams alone.

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    SVL
    Last edited by mdkeywest; 06-08-2010 at 11:43 AM.

3. Collapse Details

Banned
    [QUOTE=Mike A.;503022]Who is P1 USA? Is it the same as the P1 in Europe that flamed out and had to be taken over by UIM? Small technicalities? Like what? The head of P1 USA and well known Fountain guy, knowing full well that a class killing Fountain that did not comply with the nearly 10 year old rules, was on its way without telling anyone ahead of time.

Big egos? Like who? I guess you mean Doc based on the emails I have seen. Mike Tomlinson, perhaps? Martin?

Since P1 does not really exist, maybe it should prove itself with this unidentified "another" class first and let the SVL teams alone.[/QUOTE]

WOW !!!!!!, this is what i ment with talking something dead !

George has done a great job and a lot of effort to join P1 USA..and u and others are killing his effort !
    Just my 2 c.

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    As you may notice half of these questions and comments are not from actual svl owners. I understand totally what P1 USA is trying to accomplish and I am for any growth in class numbers. I am eager to see what follows with next year and how things will play out. As for right now I would just like to see as many svl's come out and race and have a good time. I'm pretty sure we all like competition and that's why we are in this class. I always want to win but after the race is over and I didn't, I know that I gave it my best and ran as best as I could. We are trying to do what is best for the class this year to keep the numbers up, not what is best for one individual. Next year all of the svl owners will vote and do what we all think is best for the class whether it be P1 USA or what ever else there could be.

Jenni - svl owner
    I get tired of listening to the bickering, act like men not girls.
    Jen...thanks for the info.....I thought the SVL guys and gals were all on this P1 class for next year...and George was putting it together with a few others...my bust....

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    I'm not saying that we aren't all in on P1 we will do whatever needs to be done to keep our class together.

Jenni

6. Collapse Details

Hey Jenni, I still want to buy one of those under destruction shirts!! Can you guys bring an XL this weekend?? thanks.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

7. Collapse Details

I'm not saying that we aren't all in on P1 we will do whatever needs to be done to keep our class together.

Jenni
    Ok...and I don't blame ya's to stay together....was just trying to find out will it be power to weight ratio single canopy...or just 525's....

Good luck on the rest of your season...

8. Collapse Details

I am sorry Mike A but i am not sure who you are, what boat are you currently racing?

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Some of you guys in SVL just do not understand what P1 USA is trying to do. Let me try to explain this as simply as i can. P1 USA is trying to take a class of boats and make them marketable to potential event and team sponsors. To do this they need a group of boats with significant #'s and owners willing to commit to races. the whole idea is that the series as a whole has the value, and it really does not matter to any one but you guys who wins or looses. You WINGNUTTS are already fracturing you group based on small technicalities, and big egos. AT this point there is fare less value in winning a race, then putting on a race, the value is where the action is. By the time there is any more value in winning, then just racing, the playing field will equal itself. Go ahead and make a train wreck out of this, and another class will be happy to take your place.
    I was the one who suggested to Martin he approach the SVL's to jump start P1 in the US.
    One of the many problems that has surfaced is that Martin is a boat salesman who bleeds Fountain when cut. His actions have lead some us to believe his motives are not to keep the boats competitive but more so to sell Fountains. As a leader of a sanctioning body when you see new technology emerging you deal with how if at all to integrate it to your current competition model.

Your main focus must be to keep your fleet competitive. You must be impartial to all brands and teams.

If Martin intends to succeed with P1 he will need all of the existing SVL's plus a similar number of twin engine boats (that only kind of exist). The current SVL fleet will need to be competitive with the new boats that come to race.

This is not a new story. This is how it has always been.
    If you look at the diminishing fleet P1 had in Europe you will see it was primarily because of technology (new boats built for the class). When P1 was booming with a good fleet the boats were older existing units that people who raced had available. They could not compete with the current units.

As the new boats came in dribs the old boats left in stampedes and P1 called it quits in Europe.

The same thing has happened in the US repeatedly with following classes since I stated in 1991

Sportsman A
    Sportsman B
    Sportsman C
    Sportsman D
    Modified
    The A class that replaced Sportsman A
    The B class that replaced Sportsman B
    Supercat

P class has flourished through all of this as it is the final resting place for good boats and teams that have been rendered obsolete by this process.

What boat racing needs more than anything is stability.

Steve

10. Collapse Details

I am sorry Mike A but i am not sure who you are, what boat are you currently racing?
    You may want to google him.
    Steve

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Phragle I will bring shirts so look me up in the pits.
    From my understanding it will be power to weight with P1. You can keep the 525 or put in whatever you want as long as it fits the equation. Don't ask me specifics I'm not mechanics. There will be specific rules which I don't know them as of yet but I'm sure they will make them understood in the near future so you too will have time to build a boat and jump in the class.

Jenni

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Ok...and I don't blame ya's to stay together....was just trying to find out will it be power to weight ratio single canopy...or just 525's....

Good luck on the rest of your season...
    Gino
    I am a fan of the power to weight ratio formula with a proper strain gauge monitoring system. As far as I know there are none implemented in the US. Europe was to have them this year.

Martin had a strain gauge in Biloxi less the peripheral electronics and mounting hardware. Currently there is no mounting scenario for a bravo application but I believe that can be worked through.

Testing will need to be done by an independent group to validate the hardware and software before it is used in competition. Properly implemented this will open racing up to more vendors and create more commercial opportunities.

Steve

13. Collapse Details
    Registered
    Experiance????

Octanes 2 race ever

Pirate has only, I think 4 svl starts

Randy had a new guy in the boat, and hurt prop

And the Fountain has Brain Forehand from Fountain driving along with a open check book. Lets see what happens when dad and son get in the boat.
    +++++++++
    Experience?
    The "dad and son' spent alot of time in a much faster, challenging boat to maneuver on the water( and a race course), the past few years. It was on display at the miami boat show this year.

I would think they have done there homework, with the SVL boat. I met them at a SBI event and they have invested substantial "boat time" with the experience of: J Tomlinson, D Scott, R Fountain, and have established relationships with B Robinson, Teaque and Forehand,..
    I know they put on an impressive show at the race here in Moorehead and in KW last year.
    How many can say they control and race a v bottom at >150 mph ?

always fun to see racing your boats on the water. I need a open checkbook for a new boat

14. Collapse Details

Phragle I will bring shirts so look me up in the pits.
    From my understanding it will be power to weight with P1. You can keep the 525 or put in whatever you want as long as it fits the equation. Don't ask me specifics I'm not mechanics. There will be specific rules which I don't know them as of yet but I'm sure they will make them understood in the near future so you too will have time to build a boat and jump in the class.

Jenni
    Jen...thanks for the info....thats the info I was looking for....

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    Gino
    I am a fan of the power to weight ratio formula with a proper strain gauge monitoring system. As far as I know there are none implemented in the US. Europe was to have them this year.

Martin had a strain gauge in Biloxi less the peripheral electronics and mounting hardware. Currently there is no mounting scenario for a bravo application but I believe that can be worked through.

Testing will need to be done by an independent group to validate the hardware and software before it is used in competition. Properly implemented this will open racing up to more vendors and create more commercial opportunities.

Steve
    Thanks Steve..should be interesting..and will continue to follow it...a lid with a ILMOR is something we would do....

See ya in Sunny Isle...

16. Collapse Details

You really do not know who I am?

17. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    You really do not know who I am?
    Sorry dude,
    I do not know who you are either?
    Oh Well

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
    Sorry dude,
    I do not know who you are either?
    Oh Well
    That about says it all.

19. Collapse Details

Banned
    I only know u by name and that u are an attorney and once where the JC of APBA !!!!

Other then that i don't think your that important that people need to know u all over the US ??
    Are u ???

20. Collapse Details
    Registered
    Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
    +++++++++
    Experience?
    The "dad and son' spent alot of time in a much faster, challenging boat to maneuver on the water( and a race course), the past few years. It was on display at the miami boat show this year.

I would think they have done there homework, with the SVL boat. I met them at a SBI event and they have invested substantial "boat time" with the experience of: J Tomlinson, D Scott, R Fountain, and have established relationships with B Robinson, Teaque and Forehand,..
    I know they put on an impressive show at the race here in Moorehead and in KW last year.
    How many can say they control and race a v bottom at >150 mph ?

always fun to see racing your boats on the water. I need a open checkbook for a new boat
    ++++++++
    I watched doc and his son run there big boat in Michigan last year,,, they had problem with "experience'. Then doc showed up at our local SBI race last september, that fountain was moving,,,the first time I saw the 47 cat killer get killed. Clearly Doc & Brian had that Stampede boat of there's dialed in to beat up on the boat with more ponies in last half of the 2009 season.
    They had someone chasing them at 140+.

One of our local beer distributors got to do a ride in the boat,,, and told me it was amazing.

The catkiller,, is now old, and him and his son,, clearly built a better fishing trap.
    Hope we see your SVL boats here for the SBI race in September.
    A great racing site