Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1668
  1. Collapse Details

Do you guys have any 28' pics? Thanks for sharing all of your knowledge

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cowisl View Post
    Do you guys have any 28' pics? Thanks for sharing all of your knowledge
    Yes there were many taken and of the 28 Deck mold as well when we finished it.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

3. Collapse Details

I will say this about Powerplay where Danny was concerned there was no compromise ever on quality it went out one way! with his approval and was something he would personally own, even the old molds that were the original Cobra deck cut open to make the first open fisherman,I had to grind all the old non skid off and respray the deck,then with the outfitting Danny did it was a pretty cool boat in the end and People still have those old boats and love them.

Danny was Powerplay.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve2 View Post
    That is exactly right. I went and purchased the hull without deck to be used as a plug for Dan from a guy named Dean, cannot remember his last name, but he bought the original "popped" molds off Apache that they used to make their so called 22, which was 21'2" if I remember correctly. Dan made the bottom razor sharp, added length to the transom, raised the sides (freeboard) and flaired the sides out to reach the 8'6",,,i believe the actual running surface, chine to chine with the exception of the added length, would/is identical to the original shadow/superboat/apache/etc....his only mistake was he should have widened the pad a little more. Well, thats not his only mistake, but we'll leave it at that!
    OK, so the running surface is about the same, but the rest of the boat is different dimensionally, Cool, that I WILL BUY

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powerplay25 View Post
    My friend Frank bought this 1992 Powerplay from Danny back in 1994. It's what got me hooked. I had just bought my brand new Checkmate and Frank would run circles around me out in the ocean. I knew I had to have one.

That was Dannys personal boat as well.

6. Collapse Details

And here is ANOTHER variation of the Shadow/Apache, but with major changes. We used the Apache 22 hull as the plug, but widened the pad, widened the strakes, changed the angle on the strakes, widened and changed the angle of the chines, lengthened the boat to 23'8" and made it 8'4" wide - the result was a very fast 24 - This is the boat that Dan wanted to imitate, but he never made any running surface modifications for the bigger/heavier load.

We originally named the company Magnum Express and built a stepped hull prototype in 1985, but were "politely" asked to change it...so we renamed it Tantrum Marine for the production boats and I believe there were about 20 boats sold the first year and a half. The boats ran very well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24MagnumExpress2.jpg   24 tantrum_600hp.jpg   tantrum.jpg  

tantrum2.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

The very first Apache 22. I painted it purple and silver and that was around 84, so purple wasn't popular then and Bob Saccenti gave me hell - then, everyone liked it and we did several more. We built a lot of these boats and put stupid power on them back then. Did one with twin 200 Yamaha's and WOW, did that boat air-out and run right on the edge. Kinda fast too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails apache-22-scout.jpg   22-twin-yamaha.jpg   apache-22-twin-200-yamaha.jpg  

22-demo.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PaverBill View Post
    and do you have a view from above for seating? dash?
    Yes, I too would be interested in Cheetah Cat pleasure cockpit photo's. Newest photos please.

9. Collapse Details

The very first Apache 22. I painted it purple and silver and that was around 84, so purple wasn't popular then and Bob Saccenti gave me hell - then, everyone liked it and we did several more. We built a lot of these boats and put stupid power on them back then. Did one with twin 200 Yamaha's and WOW, did that boat air-out and run right on the edge. Kinda fast too!
    LOL that one picture top left looks like the old beer can Island.

10. Collapse Details

Steve did you ever put the video on you tube of the Step bottom running?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PaverBill View Post
    Do you know where they are located? I asked last night but nobody answered. I know i'm knew but....feeling ignored. lol

Would really like to see the seating arrangements! I assume buckets up front and a bench/ sofa across the back? Is there a sunpad for the ladies?
    What kind of Cat do you have now?

12. Collapse Details

that one big step on the magnum express looks VERY similar to the current active thunder bottoms......

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 302sport View Post
    that one big step on the magnum express looks VERY similar to the current active thunder bottoms......
    Steve2 got it running pretty fast.

14. Collapse Details

i will when i get a chance to take some current ones. i ran it last weekend and was seeing about 87-88 at 5000 RPM. So, I just sent bblades my props today because they have never been labbed yet. i told him i want about 200RPM. think ill see some speed??

15. Collapse Details

also waiting on my big 14 foot long powerplay decals for the deck and sides. it is the same font as what used to be on it when it was a race boat.

16. Collapse Details

some pics from this weekend. she throws a nice roost when i first get on it at about 50mph then it lays down. i also told brett i need some more bow lift.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 31302_1321479632263_1088970109_30732071_8195515_n.jpg   31302_1321487912470_1088970109_30732109_8246319_n.jpg   31577_594541272849_48805053_34319279_2638784_n.jpg  

31577_594541287819_48805053_34319281_6560261_n.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

whyd you do away with the step???? you guys were driving a car when everybody else was riding donkeys

18. Collapse Details

Since i built that boat in 1985/86 and set an unofficial speed record in Fort Myers, DO YOU THINK THEY COPIED OUR DESIGN? Who else was building a stepped boat back then?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Letter-of-SPEED.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

whyd you do away with the step???? you guys were driving a car when everybody else was riding donkeys
    Internal problems at magnum express egos and personalities they should have let Wilson alone to test and work.

20. Collapse Details

what power was that with???? thats haulin azz