Page 45 of 84 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    Yes good seats Light,Tough and comfortable.
    I love them... I don't understand why they aren't used more. Seeing some of the seats in the sit downs, I would think it would be a night and day difference.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

2. Collapse Details

Here is the throttle seat I had the boat carpeted .

Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    I love them... I don't understand why they aren't used more. Seeing some of the seats in the sit downs, I would think it would be a night and day difference.
    I do not know who owns them now back when we were using them a Chick owned it her father started the company and left it to her, she was a nice lady to deal with we had all their fabric samples , there was no other seat to even consider.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

4. Collapse Details

Here we are starting to play with the cowlings a two piece mold was made and the brick looking things were changed. that rear panel is over the battery and the fairing needs cleaned up and clear coated.

5. Collapse Details

Drivers seat, the stick has 7 locked positions.

6. Collapse Details

Why carpet the inside?... Is it for sound?

7. Collapse Details

Steve's1&2:
    I thank you guys for starting this thread and posting the pic's, its given some great ideas for my project.

A+++++++

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    No for the boss I wanted to give him something different and had plenty of room in the weight dept.

9. Collapse Details

Steve's1&2:
    I thank you guys for starting this thread and posting the pic's, its given some great ideas for my project.

A+++++++
    Sir you are very welcome from the Both of us and thank you.

10. Collapse Details

After the first race.

11. Collapse Details

It was the middle east... Don't you remember Shiek Shazzam and his magic flying carpet ride??
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

12. Collapse Details

I kept cranking the engines up and testing made these simple water pickups to shoot water into the nose cones we could not use remote pickups, it worked fine but water borne crap like plastic bags would defeat it,We made a tool consisting of a pair of pipes a small long one that fit very close inside of a larger one.The small pipe clamped up on the pad at the engine center line while the larger one had a "T' handle and was faced with sandpaper this allowed me to slowly cut a long groove starting a couple feet forward and about a inch and a half deep at the transom, The engines got water with prop shaft up I was happy .

The Cheetahcat lives on the Carpet now.

13. Collapse Details

More Testing .

Race

14. Collapse Details

Artie, we setup this french fork mixer of Iranian origin, here they are batching a structural putty used in Balsa bonding ( for our Dubai branch) which was canned and shipped out. I color coded these to avoid any mixups.

15. Collapse Details

I was cutting a lot of Balsa in those days for the Military stuff so this tilting band saw was built, copied after the old ship building saws ,this was a 1 Meter Pakistani saw with a large 380 Volt 3 ph Motor in other words, ran till I shut it off.

16. Collapse Details

This was before the move to the large place in an area known as Sabhan near the Kuwait Airport.

The Idea here it the table stays flat and the saw tilts back, this one would go to 65 degrees, a simple angle finder was used and the Gullet as the blade went back there were different sized filler pieces that were picked up placed in front or back of the blade .the tilt was controlled by a 1/4 ton chain fall.

17. Collapse Details

So, you had to cut a hole in the floor to allow for the tilt of the saw?
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    So, you had to cut a hole in the floor to allow for the tilt of the saw?

Yes as it's axle was placed right at the old center line of the now discarded tilt table which meant the back of the saw went down below the floor as it was tilted, this saw also had a good vertical dimension to the throat. I saw it laying in the back of a old Arabian wood shop while searching out material brought it back and had a welder do my conversion and got the floor opened.

19. Collapse Details

Here is a Pilot house plug for the Military stuff we were building, This had a 5 piece mold system and used a windshield out of a Chevy pickup.

20. Collapse Details

Here is the plug with cutting flanges located to allow demolding without mechanical locking,up on the loft there is the mold for the 2.5 engine cover and that machine right in front is a shop made internal mix pressure fed roller.