Thread: Updated status

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

we could have been done earlier, but I had to wait for to get the right camera shot!

2. Collapse Details

Yeah...I wanted to take a pretty picture of the motors so I had to wait until you moved out of the way...

3. Collapse Details

phew,,,,,they fit !!!!!!

looks great !!!

4. Collapse Details

Latest, Today I got the power cable hooked up the motor along with fuel pressure senders and water pressure line. After that,I was in a quandry as to what to do about hooking up shift cables to the transmissions .About that time Mark Boudos and Ryan showed up. After they looked at it, Mark jumped in and then put me to work makeing brackets. I should be done with all that tomorrow morning. Next hurdle will be plumbing sea pumps.

5. Collapse Details

dont forget the neutral switch !!!

do you have the fittings for the strainers?

I can swing by after lunch

6. Collapse Details

neutral switch done. no fittings for strainers yet . cp marin has what i need in those. my problem is finding a hose that fits for the stbd side

7. Collapse Details

Awesome. I might be able to swing by tomorrow also. Couldnt you use the standard merc brackets that mount to the tops of the trannies?

8. Collapse Details

Stopped by today about an hour ago, must have missed ya.

9. Collapse Details

Yeah,,,,me to,,,, we shoulda called first,,,,, swung by after my chiropractors visit

10. Collapse Details

Will be at the shop all day tomorrow. I got in too late to make my second round to St. paul. I think i'm gonna tackle the water system.

11. Collapse Details

Did you get the 2nd bracket made and painted?

Mark

12. Collapse Details

Yup, didn't paint them though, can't see'm. I'm not certain the shifters are going in all the way. I've got about 100 thousands slack at the end of the cable travel. I can't get anymore movement out of the controls. Got the tail pipes in today. Bolted up the port driveshaft. I think,I know what i'm gonna do with the water system. Got a call from mel Riggs and the lower unit prop shaft is toast. He's gonna try to have it ready by saturday.How many times do I have to say I shoulda bought the konrads!.

13. Collapse Details

:-(

14. Collapse Details

Got a phone call from the Old Fart yesterday evening...he sounded so excited I'm wondering what his other hand was doing when he was talking? Now THERE'S a disconcerting thought....eeewwww.

Anyway...drives have been pulled off, shafts greased (perhaps this is what started the excitement??), put back on, lower that went to Mel Riggs has been repaired, delivered (by a highly skilled crew - Obnoxus and myself) and reinstalled.

Water system is complete...all fittings from the strainers to the sea pumps are a go. Front bolster seat was scuffed up a bit from being moved around everywhere and the rear seat needed some modification, so Harvey has taken both to work his magic...and also make a cockpit cover. Compass and GPS hockey puck are in.

Drives need to be filled with oil, lexan windshield needs to be made, fuel lines and batteries need to be hooked up, indicators need to be purchased or made, stickers applied...and then all that is required is WHEELS.

Straight Jacket will be rippin' it up in no time.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Got a phone call from the Old Fart yesterday evening...he sounded so excited I'm wondering what his other hand was doing when he was talking? Now THERE'S a disconcerting thought....eeewwww.

Anyway...drives have been pulled off, shafts greased (perhaps this is what started the excitement??), put back on, lower that went to Mel Riggs has been repaired, delivered (by a highly skilled crew - Obnoxus and myself) and reinstalled.

Water system is complete...all fittings from the strainers to the sea pumps are a go. Front bolster seat was scuffed up a bit from being moved around everywhere and the rear seat needed some modification, so Harvey has taken both to work his magic...and also make a cockpit cover. Compass and GPS hockey puck are in.

Drives need to be filled with oil, lexan windshield needs to be made, fuel lines and batteries need to be hooked up, indicators need to be purchased or made, stickers applied...and then all that is required is WHEELS.

Straight Jacket will be rippin' it up in no time.
    AWESOME. I thought you had the indicators figured out mike? You guys gonna be rigging this weekend?

16. Collapse Details

WOW, this project is coming together nicely!!!!

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    AWESOME. I thought you had the indicators figured out mike? You guys gonna be rigging this weekend?
    Brian might be...Michelle and I are heading up to Michigan...I'm racing tomorrow.

18. Collapse Details

Brian might be...Michelle and I are heading up to Michigan...I'm racing tomorrow.
    u peddle biking SOB Make sure to drop in and see Pern

19. Collapse Details

Cool, have fun.....keep the rubber side down

BTW, im interested in one of those extra fancy racin gel seats you got...i need to get my a$$ out on the old mongoose and peddle myself down to the lakefront several times a week. Maybe shave off a few lbs
    Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 03-26-2010 at 10:13 AM.

20. Collapse Details

lemme know,,,,, I plan to bring mine down there to