Page 27 of 84 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powerabout View Post
    when you bag a laminate on to a honeycomb core how to you keep it flat and not go down every hole?
    Prime the edges of the honeycomb cells a flat table and use Prepreg weather a shop made or bought from the outside.

That was the problem in a very Famous Cat ,the cells in the Aluminum Honeycomb were filled with Epoxy it weighed about as much as the "heavy" one it was replacing.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

2. Collapse Details

Artie that little notch in the stem is a flush bow eye Steve2 worked out.

Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post

That is one HORNEY looking boat!!!

4. Collapse Details

Audio More from Steve 2 Something smaller?

Last edited by Steve 1; 02-22-2010 at 12:11 PM.

5. Collapse Details

Steve , when i worked at Skater doing motor wells for trips putting the pod in the middle of the tunnel , Pete once told me to move the pod 2 inches past the transom and when i asked why , he just laughed and said the only reason was to have people wonder why and try to figure out the reason behind it . Steve , and that is the reason why i asked what the notch in the sponson was for and now i look like a fool . o well it wont be the first time

6. Collapse Details

Prime the edges of the honeycomb cells a flat table and use Prepreg weather a shop made or bought from the outside.

That was the problem in a very Famous Cat ,the cells in the Aluminum Honeycomb were filled with Epoxy it weighed about as much as the "heavy" one it was replacing.
    Steve , just curious what famous cat was that ? Steve we also tried a few cells of Aluminum Honeycomb at Skater with not much sucess and quickly moved on .

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    where at? last order i got was direct and at that time the girl in the office said there was no dealer in my area.

re read my post Artie its a rigid scored sheet that i used. It was double cut (percandicular from side to side) and not bendable. Cool stuff, i like it because i can fab and fit the part then bag it outside the boat re fit it and just tab it in. The double score bags very well and my thought was the resin transfer between the scoring would make a very strong panel. I'll see if i can find a pic of it, pretty cool stuff.
    Dave , i talked with Coosa a few weeks ago and they gave me the names of two distributors and one was COMPOSITES ONE & ADVANCED PLASTICS . Dave , when i think of scored core i always think of something bendable and yes could you post a pic to give me something of an idea as far as the core goes .

8. Collapse Details

Steve , i will be waiting for my copies of the line drawing 's ,and or the rendering's of Steve 2 's drawing's and could you please make them both large prints so i can frame them signed and ready to hang .

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Dave , i talked with Coosa a few weeks ago and they gave me the names of two distributors and one was COMPOSITES ONE & ADVANCED PLASTICS . Dave , when i think of scored core i always think of something bendable and yes could you post a pic to give me something of an idea as far as the core goes .
    Thanks Artie i will look into those (i suppose they stock cheeeese cloth to ). I thought i had a piece of the rigid scored stuff around here but it appears i dont. I believe it is called double scoring, the horizontal cuts are on one side and the vertical cuts are on the other. It can bend slightly but for the most part its stiff. I was always under the impression a bagged scored sheet was stronger then the non scored solid sheets because of the little resin bonds at at the cuts. Any thoughts on this? is there and strength difference between a scored and non scored sheet if they are laminated/bagged the same way?
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

10. Collapse Details

Steve , when i worked at Skater doing motor wells for trips putting the pod in the middle of the tunnel , Pete once told me to move the pod 2 inches past the transom and when i asked why , he just laughed and said the only reason was to have people wonder why and try to figure out the reason behind it . Steve , and that is the reason why i asked what the notch in the sponson was for and now i look like a fool . o well it wont be the first time
    Artie hell no how were you to know that!! you my friend are one of the Brothers grinding in the bilge.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by offshore ginger View Post
    steve , just curious what famous cat was that ? Steve we also tried a few cells of aluminum honeycomb at skater with not much sucess and quickly moved on .
    pm

12. Collapse Details

Steve , i will be waiting for my copies of the line drawing 's ,and or the rendering's of Steve 2 's drawing's and could you please make them both large prints so i can frame them signed and ready to hang .
    LOL they are way Cool looking the stuff he throws in the trash would be a hit.

13. Collapse Details

pm
    Steve , i also sent you a P M and i guess both of are secret's will go to are grave , because somethings are better left un said .

14. Collapse Details

Dave , you dawggggggggggggggg and yes they do stock cheese cloth and what oz might you be needing ?

15. Collapse Details

I went through Will Smith's dumpster back in 2000. The best dumpster diving I've ever done!

16. Collapse Details

Steve , i also sent you a P M and i guess both of are secret's will go to are grave , because somethings are better left un said .
    Artie very true and no reason to say anything more than I did.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    I went through Will Smith's dumpster back in 2000. The best dumpster diving I've ever done!
    LOL there is a bit of everything from the whole operation in there.

18. Collapse Details

LOL there is a bit of everything from the whole operation in there.
    Will is a great friend and did something most people wouldn't do. He let my partner work out of his shop for 6 months - aka tooling 101 on our 41 project.

19. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    Will is a great friend and did something most people wouldn't do. He let my partner work out of his shop for 6 months - aka tooling 101 on our 41 project.

That was nice of him to do that, you are right not many people would allow this in their place ,very cool.

20. Collapse Details

Dave, Artie this guy came by one day and got some Airex from me, Mr Vihlen was a very cool person to talk to!

Here is a little bit about him: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2181452AAcTpzF