1. Collapse Details
    crash at NHRA Phoenix
    A woman was seriously injured Sunday at the NHRA Lucas Slick Mist Nationals when she was struck by debris from an accident involving Top Fuel driver Antron Brown.

Brown was racing Troy Buff when Brown lost control of the car. It crossed the center lane and hit the retaining wall, smashing it into pieces.

USA Today reported the unidentified woman was a member of a Nostalgia Funny Car team. The NHRA said in a release the woman was transported by helicopter to Good Samaritan Medical Center for treatment.

The NHRA said Brown was uninjured in the accident.

"We're racers and we race and I'm ok," Brown said in a statement released by his team, Don Schumacher Racing. "It all happened so quickly and I want to thank the NHRA Safety Safari for being there so quickly to help get me out of the car and also the track medical team for tending to me so quickly."

The release said Brown went to Chandler Regional Hospital for further observation.

NHRA officials are investigating the incident.

ESPN link

Rumor has it, the woman has passed on.

2. Collapse Details

she did pass

3. Collapse Details

WOW!!
    The track is ten minutes from my house. I drove past it this morning, and was thinking about going this afternoon, but the weather was somewhat crappy.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

4. Collapse Details

I know Antron and his wife they are both the nicest people you could meet.This is going to be very hard on them.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
    I know Antron and his wife they are both the nicest people you could meet.This is going to be very hard on them.
    Don't know him but my wife and i said the same thing. He just seems like someone that this will hit hard.

6. Collapse Details

Very sad and tragic event....RIP....prayer's to the family and all involved....

7. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Sad
    ________