1. Collapse Details
    575 internally cooled?
    I know 575 SCi's are not internally cooled, but is there any way to make them internally cooled?

2. Collapse Details

Do you mean closed cooled using a heat exchanger and coolant????

3. Collapse Details

I assume you mean closed cooling, ie.cooling with fresh water. Yes it can be done. There are a few aftermarket kits out there that can be installed on that engine. The biggest component is the heat exchanger. Do a little searching on the web and you will find a few kits.
    You can also try these guys.
    http://www.mrcool.us/

Eddie

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Do you mean closed cooled using a heat exchanger and coolant????
    What are the odds of us posting at the same time at 1:30 am.

5. Collapse Details

My guess is he meant intercooled, as in an intercooler for the blower...

6. Collapse Details

No I meant Closed cooling, like the 525's. One of the main complaints of the 575 compared to the 525 is that they are not closed cooled. That's why I was wondering if you could make a 575 closed cooled, especially since I do all of my boating in Salt water. Is this even something worth looking into?

7. Collapse Details

Some of the benefits that most others have not mentioned about closed cooling: You can run higher engine water temp. which will improve ring seal and piston wear. also improved combustion and fuel efficiency from higher combustion temp. less moisture content in crankcase. and in some cases better idle quality.

8. Collapse Details

I don't think anyone makes a bolt on kit for the 575,you will have to buy a heat exchanger and some brackets and modify as needed,ther is also heat exchangers that can be remotely mounted if you have some extra space in bilge,I am installing a fwc kit on one of my 572-700hp engines as we speak,needed to move the alternator and ps to a imco and modify a few things,will posts some pics,If you are installing on an older engine that has seen a lot of salt some good flushing of block needed or you may clog exchanger,set up right fwc is the way to go in salt water,engine parts way too expensive these days and the salt build up is causing damage if you are using your boat or not,flushing helps but i still see corrision on all the engines i take apart that have been run in salt

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by YoungPerformance View Post
    What are the odds of us posting at the same time at 1:30 am.
    I'm on the boards a lot around this time. Usually get home from work about 1230am. Its like my bedtime story

10. Collapse Details

If you already have run this in salt water over time, I would question at this time of adding a closed cooling, unless you have this torn down at this time and are rebuilding it. You would have to have the block shot blasted and the heads to remove rust scale.

11. Collapse Details

New manifolds, new heads, new thermo housing, new water pump, new lots more. O wait that was MY 575s w 400 hrs of salt use.

12. Collapse Details

http://www.perfprotech.com/store/cat...tems,3203.aspx

Here's a nice family of remote mount heat exchangers w/the thermostat integrated into the heat exchanger.....you have full circulation through the engine until the thermostat opens and circulation through the exchanger starts......
    Neat system.
    I think the prices are good too.