1. Collapse Details
    Need info on 30 Spectre set up with 250XS motors
    I heard there was a boat set up like this. Anybody got reliable info on speed, props, gearcase ratios, etc? Was it a special layup? Also, how did it handle? Mid range, acceleration, and how did it deal with the "Hop"?

Thanks in advance.

2. Collapse Details

I have a 30 Motion with 250xs's. I love the boat, runs right at 100mph. 3 mpg at 80mph.

3. Collapse Details

Call me and I will answer your questions.
    Jay Pilini
    727-599-8235

4. Collapse Details

Jay Pilini? Who the fcuk are you? LOL - Just kidding - have work the next couple of days. If you can't post it here, can you PM me? Trying to tell my motor guy something.

5. Collapse Details

Thx Jay!

6. Collapse Details

New Spectre 30 Achieves 100+ MPH Powered By Twin Mercury Racing OptiMax 250XS Engines

January 19, 2005

As you may or may not know, Spectre Powerboats has been working closely for years with Mercury Racing to develop products to make your boating experience more enjoyable. You may recall seeing Spectre Powerboats in Mercury Racing brochures, calendars, fliers and TV commercials. Sprctre introduced the Lake X-rated Spectre 30 in 1997 and introduced the Lake X modified 225 Pro Max and the 300 Pro Max outboards back in 1997-1998. Spectre Powerboats also played an important role in the development of the Sportmaster lower units through years of testing with Mercury Racing engineers.

"We have set multiple Kilo Records and World Championships with the Spectre 36 'ZIPP EXPRESS' as well as the numerous Championships won by our teams running the Spectre 30 using Mercury Racing Power and Propellers. Most recent, Mercury Racing has their own Spectre 36 Poker Run Edition to test new product designs in Fon Du Lac, WI. We are very proud and honored to be associated with such a fine company."

Now for the exciting news: The Mercury Racing 250XS has been available to this point with no provisions for external steering and for this reason and others has not been a choice for ultra high performance use. Well they just changed the rules! The 20-inch Mercury Racing 250XS is now equipped with a new exhaust plate to accept tie bar plates/external steering cylinders and comes with the Sportmaster gearcase. The 250XS carries a two year warrantee and a additional year is available to total three years of warranteed boating. The 250XS is a OptiMax engine, so you know it will get good fuel mileage and be dependable.

Mercury Racing and Spectre Powerboats will be introducing at the Miami International Boat Show a SPECTRE 32 CS powered by three Mercury Racing 250XS engines to showcase the awesome performance of this new power option.

So today we decided to do a little pre-show testing with a Spectre 30 with two Mercury Racing 250XS engines. (we had to convince new Spectre owners Andy and Christina Holthe to let us remove the twin 300X engines for this test).

Here are the facts:

Boat: New Spectre 30 w/2006CS interior
    Fuel: 1/2 full
    Load: Safety equipment and two people
    Test Location: Lake Tarpon, Florida (fresh water)
    Temp: 63
    Conditions: 15 MPH wind, choppy
    Propellers: Non-Labbed out of the box 14 1/2 x 32 Mercury three-blade Cleavers
    Top Speed: 100.1 MPH
    Cruise Speed: 80 MPH and 3+ MPG

Comments: "I have ran every boat that has been built at Spectre and this combination is a winner! We ran the boat for 10 minutes before pinning the throttles for the allowed 10 second burst. It accelerated to 90 very quickly and was at 100.1 when I had to back off. Conditions were choppy and the wind was gusting and we had a limited 10 second allowance so we were not really able to get every MPH out of the boat. At 5500 RPM as indicated on the Livorsi tachometers we were running 80mph and the fuel consumption according to the Mercury Smartcraft gauges was 13 GPH per motor. That's 3+ miles per gallon."