1. Collapse Details
    For sale: Obama's US Senate seat
    registered
    The Govna of Ill. is in deep poo-poo. More "Hope and Change" from your friendly Democratic party!!!!!

Unbelievable!!!

2. Collapse Details

registered
    This is all very interesting. So, it would appear that Nobama used this tool to rake in upwards of $250K, and in doing so was pushing this guy's development firm for all kinds of gov't projects. And I love how, that 10-foot section skewed the appraisal that much. Shady, at best. Can't wait to see this unfold.

----------------

Illinois Governor Arrested By Federal Agents...

Probe widens to vacant senate seat...

"'A fu**ing valuable thing, you just don't give it away for nothing'..."

Wiretaps: "'I Want To Make Money'..."

"Gov. Blago calls Obama 'motherfu**er'..."

'The breadth of corruption laid out in these charges is staggering'...

GRAND JURY SUBPOENAS ISSUED ON REZKO/OBAMA LAND DEAL...

Critics of Mr. Obama's dealings with Rezko charge that the senator may have gotten a deal on his property purchase, noting that Mrs. Rezko paid the full asking price for her property on an adjacent lot. Both of which were sold by a single seller. Mr. Obama bought his house for $1.65 million - $300,000 below the asking price.

When the property was sold, Mr. Obama knew Rezko was under investigation on fraud charges.

The complaint said the Rezko loan was approved by Mutual Bank President and CEO Amrish Mahajan and others so that Mrs. Rezko could buy a 9,090-square-foot vacant parcel of real estate. It said that in January 2006, Mrs. Rezko and Mr. Obama, along with his wife Michelle, signed an agreement to sell a 10-foot strip of the property to the Obamas. At that point, according to the complaint, Mr. Connor's firm asked him to conduct the reappraisal.

The complaint said Mr. Connor is seeking $4.2 million for compensatory damages, plus unspecified punitive damages.

Rezko was a key supporter and donor throughout Mr. Obama's political career, with the Illinois Democrat estimating that Rezko raised $250,000 for his various political campaigns, though not for his presidential bid. The two were friends who talked frequently about politics and occasionally dined out together with their wives.

Rezko was convicted this summer on federal charges of using his clout with state government to squeeze kickbacks out of firms wanting to do business with the state. The charges did not involve Mr. Obama. Rezko is now cooperating with federal prosecutors in a continuing probe of corruption in Illinois government.

Mr. Obama consulted Rezko, a real estate developer, before buying his home in 2005.

As a state senator, Mr. Obama wrote letters endorsing government support of a Rezko housing project for senior citizens. Obama aides say he was simply supporting a project that would help residents of his district, not doing a favor for a friend.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...nds-appraisal/
    -----------------

3. Collapse Details

registered
    Here's a link to the news story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/16348

4. Collapse Details

we are going for the Guiness Book of records of how mant govenors ended up in Jail LOL

5. Collapse Details

What do you expect from "Chicago Politics"?

6. Collapse Details

And he replaced a guy who's currently serving 6 years, gotta love Crook, I mean Cook county
    Run until it sounds expensive

7. Collapse Details

registered
    Whew, it's good to know that Obama wasn't involved in ANY way. Thanks for clearing that up Catman!!!

8. Collapse Details

Is Marion Barry looking for a job? He'd fit right in. Let's give him a crack-at-it.
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catmando View Post
    That's because he never returned any favors or violated the public trust with Rezko; he just happened to let a crooked fundraiser raise money for him, while offering nothing in return.
    Illinois has always had a unique definition of "violating the public trust."

Since B. Hussein O. didn't pay for the felonius service, it's all good.
    Sweet. Besides, it was more distasteful that B. Hussein accepted millions from foreign nationals than from domestic corruption in my book anyway.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

10. Collapse Details

I couldn't be happier that our communist govenor is going up the river. I hope they hang him. Maybe we can get rid of these F-ing FOID cards that do nothing, and get a concealed carry law.

11. Collapse Details

registered
    WOW, the media is in full out protect Obama mode. They are 100% positive that Obama hasn't even talked with this crook.......but raum emmanual is likely to get pushed in front of the bus!!! Look out!!

If this little weasel starts talkin..........he's likely to disappear quicker than a friend of the clintons......or end up like Vince Foster.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trim'd Up View Post
    I couldn't be happier that our communist govenor is going up the river. I hope they hang him. Maybe we can get rid of these F-ing FOID cards that do nothing, and get a concealed carry law.
    I couldn't agree more. The FOID card just pisses me off. My father in law can come over from Mo. and just show his drivers license and can buy ammo even my mother in law can buy ammo. Just don't make sense to me.

13. Collapse Details

Looks like Baby Jesse may be in it now too, offering a cool million for the seat, might as well kill a few birds with this stone. But I am also happy to know that buzzflash (??) has thoroughly investigated today and has assured us that Bama is good guy......

14. Collapse Details

Yes...yes I SUUUUUURE Obama's hands are completely clean in this...

How freakin' nieve and snowblind are you Obamaphiles? HE IS FROM ILLINOIS! I've been screaming this from the trees for the past two years....corruption is so spectacularly rampant in this state it will make your head spin. If you people think the STATE gov't is bad...take a closer look at Cook County and Chicago City gov't! Yeah...I believe that Barack Obama can exist in this climate without taint...gimme a BREAK.

As for Jesse Jackson Jr., he's a smart guy (unlike his father)...I don't think he'd do anything quite so blatant under the nose of a federal investigation that has been going on for 2 years (oh yeah Cat...your retardo-source was really on top of that one...my 3-yr old nephew could've predicted this).

So what's gonna happen? Blago is already under the bus, a deputy governor just got sucked in, his chief-of-staff was arrested along with him...basically we are going to have a Democratically-fuelled decapitation of IL state government...but they will SURELY stop the bleeding before it taints the mighty Obama.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post

How freakin' nieve and snowblind are you Obamaphiles? HE IS FROM ILLINOIS! I've been screaming this from the trees for the past two years....corruption is so spectacularly rampant in this state it will make your head spin. If you people think the STATE gov't is bad...take a closer look at Cook County and Chicago City gov't! Yeah...I believe that Barack Obama can exist in this climate without taint...gimme a BREAK.

As for Jesse Jackson Jr., he's a smart guy (unlike his father)...I don't think he'd do anything quite so blatant under the nose of a federal investigation that has been going on for 2 years (oh yeah Cat...your retardo-source was really on top of that one...my 3-yr old nephew could've predicted this).

So what's gonna happen? Blago is already under the bus, a deputy governor just got sucked in, his chief-of-staff was arrested along with him...basically we are going to have a Democratically-fuelled decapitation of IL state government...but they will SURELY stop the bleeding before it taints the mighty Obama.
    Mikey, tell us how ya really feel Bubba, don't hold anything back!! By the By, Happy Holidays 2 U & yours!!!!

16. Collapse Details

Not baby Jesse !!!! Dave

Jesse Jackson Jr. entangled in Ill. gov. scandal

By ADAM GOLDMAN
    Associated Press Writer

AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite

Watch Related Video

Rep. Jackson: I Am Not Target of Investigation

Watch Related Video

Jackson Denies Wrongdoing in Political Scandal

Advertisement

Buy AP Photo Reprints

Interactive
    Map of Chicago places related to Blagojevich investigation

Multimedia
    FBI affidavit against Blagojevich (12/9/08)

Your Questions Answered

Ask AP: Bottom-up bailouts, gas pump tampering

CHICAGO (AP) -- Four days before the election, Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich claimed someone came to him with a deal about filling Barack Obama's soon-to-be open U.S. Senate seat.

"We were approached `pay to play,'" Blagojevich said as FBI agents listened intently. The candidate would raise $500,000 for Blagojevich, and an emissary would raise an additional $1 million, according to the conversation.

The exchange contributed to charges against Blagojevich in which he is accused of putting his office up for sale, while raising questions about the identity of the candidate.

On Wednesday, it was revealed that U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. was the candidate, prompting him to hold an emotional news conference proclaiming his innocence. Jackson, the son of the Rev. Jesse Jackson, said prosecutors have told him he is not the target of the bombshell investigation, nor is he accused of any wrongdoing.

"I did not initiate nor authorize anyone, at any time, to promise anything to Gov. Blagojevich on my behalf," he said, without taking questions. "I never sent a message or an emissary to the governor to make an offer or to propose a deal about the U.S. Senate seat."

Jackson said he openly sought appointment to Obama's seat but denied offering favors in return to Blagojevich. His lawyer, James D. Montgomery Sr., acknowledged the Illinois Democrat is "Senate Candidate 5" in the 76-page federal complaint filed against the governor, who was arrested Tuesday.

U.S. attorney's spokesman Randall Samborn would not confirm or deny Jackson's assertions.

Blagojevich, a second-term Democrat, is accused of scheming to enrich himself by selling Obama's open seat for cash or a lucrative job for himself or his wife.

In an interview with The Associated Press, the Rev. Jesse Jackson said it's "common in politics for people to try to leverage relationships," but his son didn't do such a thing.

"The good is news is ... that it did not say he had done anything illegal," Jackson said, referring to the criminal complaint. "Somebody in his name was trying to negotiate."

Jackson said he didn't know who tried to negotiate on his son's behalf and that he had not spoken with the FBI. He said he hadn't spoken with Blagojevich in months and that he didn't promote his son for the Senate seat. Jackson said his son was always critical of "clandestine, backroom" deals.

He said the scandal had saddened many people, especially after Obama's historic victory.

"Our hearts dropped," he said. "We were astonished. All of us were. We went from the height of joy and exuberance to oceanic depths and a sense of bewilderment. There's a great sense of pain in the state."

Jackson Jr. said he met with Blagojevich on Monday in Chicago for 90 minutes to discuss the Senate vacancy. It was their first meeting in about four years, he said.

"I presented my record, my qualifications and my vision," Jackson said. "Despite what he may have been looking for, that's all I had to offer."

The federal complaint cites an intercepted Blagojevich conversation on Dec. 4. In it, the complaint alleges, the governor told an unidentified adviser "that he was giving Senate Candidate 5 greater consideration for the Senate seat because, among other reasons, if Rod Blagojevich ran for re-election, Senate Candidate 5 would `raise money' for him."

The complaint alleges that Blagojevich said he might get some money "up front, maybe" from the Senate hopeful "to insure Senate Candidate 5 kept his promise about raising money" for the governor.

On Wednesday, the seven-term congressman called on Blagojevich to resign and said he was appalled "by the pay-to-play schemes hatched at the highest levels of Illinois state government."

"Politicians and fundraisers do some very strange things from time to time," said Montgomery, the lawyer. "I wouldn't put it past someone to be purporting to represent Jesse without authority."

---

Associated Press writer Charles Babington in Washington contributed to this report.

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

17. Collapse Details

Since 1970, 79 elected official have gone to jail in IL.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    Mikey, tell us how ya really feel Bubba, don't hold anything back!! By the By, Happy Holidays 2 U & yours!!!!
    No problem Tracy!

Have a good holiday season yourself! I'll probably be heading to the Great White North after Christmas for some sleddin'. Anything to get me out of the $hithole state!

19. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post

No worries, our unbiased media and our impartial judges will make certain it will never see the light of day.
    It's an obamanation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Audiofn View Post
    Since 1970, 79 elected official have gone to jail in IL.
    Good odd #!!!!!!!!!!!!!