Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jmak View Post
    Thanks Steve Lopez @ Legacy Custom Marine did the resto and O.L. did a bunch of paint and glass work. It ran 117 with two guys and 1/4 tank of fuel and some wind. Its pretty light 13000-14000lbs. Steve did a great job Its a very well balanced boat. The ride and handling is incredible!
    That's impressive! Especially for an old, lumpy, straight-bottom V with antequated technology!!!!

My friends 46' OL ran numbers slightly less than that with a total of 2100 hp so from where I stand that's one hell of an accomplishment by you guys!

2. Collapse Details

Before I got it someone put a good size pad on the bottom. So I think with that and the notched transom it helps quite a bit along with the lightness of it.

3. Collapse Details

interesting stuff!

4. Collapse Details

I hope they hold another poker run in Fairhaven in 2010, maybe I will get to see JMAK. I'm definitely making it a point to check out that awesome Apache.

5. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    interesting stuff!
    the sport needs more guys like the doc..
    i took it from this to this to this...exit stage left.....m.m....truly a great boat..only had 3 people work on it in 17 yrs...it ran with a little help from my friends..my advisors were mel riggs and crew, bobby saccenti, bobby moore, tommy evans and jim secord.....you internet bolster jockies are cool but not in the same league..just the way it is...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails billy boat..jpg   15.jpg   800sc1.bmp  

6. Collapse Details

Mark what a boat you have, now we just have to have Mel figure out a way to put your walker next to you inside the bolster.
    Seriously Marks boat is the ****. I have ridden in my fair share of offshore boats and in rough water, Marks boat has them all beat. It may not be the fastest boat but in bad water he will get there first.

7. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgchuby01 View Post
    Mark what a boat you have, now we just have to have Mel figure out a way to put your walker next to you inside the bolster.
    Seriously Marks boat is the ****. I have ridden in my fair share of offshore boats and in rough water, Marks boat has them all beat. It may not be the fastest boat but in bad water he will get there first.
    what a boat i HAD........

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Mark View Post
    what a boat i HAD........
    pics..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0754.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

that was the old tripple x boat? I looked at that years ago it had benches glassed in the cabin for men to ride they used it for a runner

10. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kidapache View Post
    that was the old tripple x boat? I looked at that years ago it had benches glassed in the cabin for men to ride they used it for a runner
    WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ???????

mark owned that boat since 1993 !!!!!! and bought it out of a law storage .LOL

IT NEVER EVER HAD BENCHES IN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOOOOOO FUNNY

11. Collapse Details

If that was the 1986 xxx boat it had benches in it .you dont no anything about apaches. I have pics so think befor you talk

12. Collapse Details

Paul, looking forward to seeing you run next year
    Dr. G

13. Collapse Details

we will have both boats ready

14. Collapse Details

I will be ready. I know Wild Bill be excited too

15. Collapse Details

Hey Paul, can you send those pics, thanks

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryDC View Post
    Hey Paul, can you send those pics, thanks
    witch pics of that xxx boat?

17. Collapse Details

Benches in the cabin

18. Collapse Details
    Charter Member
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by kidapache View Post
    we will have both boats ready
    This is so great to see.As a kid going to the offshore races in Point Pleasant Beach and Atlantic City...the 41ft Apaches were always my favorite Open Class boats.Watching Bob Saccenti and Ben Kramer run "Warpath" in the huge swells during the 1985 Point race was unbelievable!!!!!!!!They were literally flying, and not even the bigger and more powerful Superboat Class boats could run with them.Unfortunately; some mechanical problems forced them out of the race,but they would have won overall going away.I remember the "Popeyes" 50ft aluminum Cougar Cat ran very well...but was badly damaged and almost sunk at the docks after winning the Superboat Class...which indicates just how rough it really was.

Thanks again for bringing these great boats back out to the race circut!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryDC View Post
    Benches in the cabin
    show us....also what was it they were running?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mel67.jpg58.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

...smack