Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cashbrain View Post
    When was that?
    2007, On or near 4th of july. 30 mile ocean run ea. way for lunch. came back the following weekend to see them again with a bunch of other boas. pics are on my sisters site

First time we met: http://www.lucidideefastboats.com/20...accosjuly.html

2nd time we met: http://www.lucidideefastboats.com/2007freeportrun.html

Bracco's NY.... Race Headquarters across the street.... the old stomping grounds.... Bob and my father grew up in Brooklyn...know a lot of the same people...been around this stuff most my life.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 600_07_FreeportRun_185_.jpg   600_07_FreeportRun_256_.jpg   600_07_FreeportRun_241_.jpg  

Last edited by Geronimo36; 12-17-2009 at 11:35 PM. Reason: add links

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    great pics,frank !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 600_07_BraccosRun-July_30_.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    *yawn
    Do the nephews & nieces' of Apache's, like the Saber family, make Jack a sleepy boy?

Stories of fast vee's tend to make the Cats tired as well

4. Collapse Details

Fast Vee´s...are you serious ???
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

5. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    Fast Vee´s...are you serious ???
    Some V's are very fast.

I think that I may have missed it, what kind of boat do you own????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TGGPS09.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

someone is playing pocket pool about 5 posts up...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    someone is playing pocket pool about 5 posts up...
    was pretty hot and muggy that day....

8. Collapse Details

great pics,frank !!
    Thanks, Dee does her best.

It was one of those odd days.. I took the day off from work, my wife was working so I called up Dee to see if she wanted to take a ride to Bracco's for some lunch... We head over to bracco's, eat and leave but as I'm heading towards the inlet I say to Dee; "is that an Apache over there?" All I could see was a white sillouette which sorta looked like an Apache. She picks up the camera and looks at the boat thru the telephoto lens and says, yeah it is but I can't tell which one it is, there's no graphics (that's the photo you posted, it was zoomed in).... So I decided to swing by and investigate, it's not every day you see another Apache...

Turns out MM and Lucy were in town and fueling up the 41'.. We hang out for a while, chit chat, then head out the inlet together. We ran for about 5 miles together and went our seperate ways...

Totally random event, unplanned and just another day on the water, always the best!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 600_07_FreeportRun_277_.jpg  
    Last edited by Geronimo36; 12-18-2009 at 09:09 AM.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Is Dan the guy that used to own a 28' Saber, Yellow/black stripe back around '95 - boat was named "Buzzin' By(e)" or something like that.
    It used to put in at my marina in Rossford regularly and I remember seeing what a sharp set-up that was. I recall talking to the owner a few times, and just not sure if that name sticks, or if I have fewer brain cells now...

Sorry, didn't mean to Hi-Jack in the APACHE section, just always wondered whatever happened to that boat.
    No thats Dan Burksure,BRD used to own that boat also.

10. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Thanks, Dee does her best.

It was one of those odd days.. I took the day off from work, my wife was working so I called up Dee to see if she wanted to take a ride to Bracco's for some lunch... We head over to bracco's, eat and leave but as I'm heading towards the inlet I say to Dee; "is that an Apache over there?" All I could see was a white sillouette which sorta looked like an Apache. She picks up the camera and looks at the boat thru the telephoto lens and says, yeah it is but I can't tell which one it is, there's no graphics (that's the photo you posted, it was zoomed in).... So I decided to swing by and investigate, it's not every day you see another Apache...

Turns out MM and Lucy were in town and fueling up the 41'.. We hang out for a while, chit chat, then head out the inlet together. We ran for about 5 miles together and went our seperate ways...

Totally random event, unplanned and just another day on the water, always the best!!!
    That perspective of that shot gives the sense of proportion with Mark's boat..
    it really is a one off piece

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CarBiz View Post
    Could not ask for a nicer guy to own that boat as well. Dan is a great guy always willing to help a fellow boater!!
    As much as I miss my buddy runnin WW .... your right .... Dan's a good guy !

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    I also rode in the 41 Saber "WickedWon" when Jim still owned it, which is when it was the fastest, & dialed in the best. It had 1350 Sterlings fully staggered on 6's, and we ran 113mph in the Smoke on the Water poker run.
    Hey bud ...... thats a great story ..... and , if you remember ..... WW went exactly 106 ..... the boat that couldn't pass you guys was going 113 .
    Speaking of barstool speeds !?!?!?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheRob View Post
    No thats Dan Burksure,BRD used to own that boat also.
    Thanks Rob.

I always liked that boat. Any idea where it is now?
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

14. Collapse Details

Dan Burtscher, who has been running a Top Gun for awhile?
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Thanks Rob.

I always liked that boat. Any idea where it is now?
    I think that I have seen it on this site, and that a member has it.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LEOPAJM View Post
    Hey bud ...... thats a great story ..... and , if you remember ..... WW went exactly 106 ..... the boat that couldn't pass you guys was going 113 .
    Speaking of barstool speeds !?!?!?

Hell, I could have SWORN we played around at 110, & once or twice a bit more that day? I remember mentioning to him how easily it DID hit that 106 number, but I thought I remembered Jim AND Mary saying that if he puts more air under it, it had another 6-7mph? I actually have a pic of the 106 setting we ran on the very first leg:

The boat that was next to us, and later joked about having to push it to get by, was a 42 MTI. They had no problem passing, it just took a little more than they expected! Haha, that was a GREAT day

17. Collapse Details

We ran exactly 100mph to the DOT, in Parnell's Saber 41 on Lake Michigan a few years ago. It had no cabin, and a 5 man cockpit, running Chief 950's & full staggered 6's.
    Here's a GPS shot from Parn's 41 that day:

18. Collapse Details

registered
    Hell, I could have SWORN we played around at 110, & once or twice a bit more that day? I remember mentioning to him how easily it DID hit that 106 number, but I thought I remembered Jim AND Mary saying that if he puts more air under it, it had another 6-7mph? I actually have a pic of the 106 setting we ran on the very first leg:

The boat that was next to us, and later joked about having to push it to get by, was a 42 MTI. They had no problem passing, it just took a little more than they expected! Haha, that was a GREAT day
    I'm not sure, but that kinda looks like 117 to me!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    I'm not sure, but that kinda looks like 117 to me!
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

20. Collapse Details

Banned