Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

They should mark the pumps with 10% Contamination would be more like it as alcohols are very destructive.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

2. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    I'm fortunate to still be able to purchase real gas. Some stations even promote it on their signs.
    ________

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    If they havent been done they most likely will for safety reasons. Its more a cause of fuel that's available these days as opposed to when it was built. Have it surveyed and inform the tech of the potential of that problem. Invasive is still the best way. I just did about a dozen core holes in a 36 Skater i have in the shop to determine the condition overall. You could have five to eight grand on up in just the tanks pretty easy. If they have leaked into the core it could get pretty ugly. I put a set of aluminum tanks in this one, problem solved.
    Glassdave, is that the old Snakeman 36?

4. Collapse Details

Registered
    Marine and Speed here on Lake Cumberland KY just replaced a skater tanks with aluminum tanks dropped right on top of the original, talked it over with skater as far as C/G etc. they look slick and a cheaper alternative to redoing the glass tanks..... ill have him get on here and post pics

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ar15meister View Post
    How do you figure out if the fuel tanks on a Skater need to be redone? Is there a way to check them without an invasive procedure?

How much does it cost to redo them?

Thanks in advance.
    Hey bud

Raymond did mine on my 32.

RR knows all about how to do it. Ask Jason.

Turned out perfect.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    gl, what nation is it again???????
    Skater you Mother Facker!!!!

It's a Skater Nation....

One less.... This is painfull!

Once you get one of them things you unfortunately become a member of Skater Nation and all the kwacks in that bunch!
    Last edited by glh; 12-05-2009 at 12:28 AM.

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Are your sure about that Brandon?
    i'm really not, but just had been told that by a Citgo contact? I'd rather lean on the assumption that it ALL has additives going forward. That's probably the best way to assure not having an issue down the road.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    It does or better way to say it is that it can. My outboards don't like ethanol at all and there aren't any stations that sell non-ethanol fuel in my area.
    Monroe Bay Marina at Colonial Beach sells non-ethanol fuel. But is only 89 octane.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    i'm really not, but just had been told that by a Citgo contact? I'd rather lean on the assumption that it ALL has additives going forward. That's probably the best way to assure not having an issue down the road.
    That is the way I view it.

It's a freakin Skater Nation.......

10. Collapse Details

It's a freakin Skater Nation.......

Indeed

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Beak Boater View Post
    Monroe Bay Marina at Colonial Beach sells non-ethanol fuel. But is only 89 octane.
    Thanks. I have to run 91 but put 93 in it since that is what Goose Bay sells and gives me a little room margin of error in case the Stabil doesn't do it's job. As far as I know there aren't any 91/93 non-ethonal places around any more?

100LL- wish I knew if it would help me out..

12. Collapse Details

It's a freakin NorTech Nation.......

13. Collapse Details

Double R Performance and Wherever We Need To Be
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    Tracy/Wrinkle,

It is NOT a Nor-tech Nation. I can't believe you would so shamelessly hi-jack this thread with such misinformation.

It's a Nor-tech WORLD.

Sorry about Tracy trying to steal your Skater Nation thing, guys. Please continue on with your fuel tank discussion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nortechworld.jpg   class one.jpg  
    Double R Performance

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Nortechnorth View Post
    Tracy/Wrinkle,

It is NOT a Nor-tech Nation. I can't believe you would so shamelessly hi-jack this thread with such misinformation.

It's a Nor-tech WORLD.

Sorry about Tracy trying to steal your Skater Nation thing, guys. Please continue on with your fuel tank discussion.
    These Boyz need a little jack up once in awhile!!!!!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Nortechnorth View Post
    Tracy/Wrinkle,

It's a Nor-tech WORLD.

Hahaha, nice!

Are those two pacing the Skater, MTI, & Victory raceboats in that pic?

16. Collapse Details

Thanks. I have to run 91 but put 93 in it since that is what Goose Bay sells and gives me a little room margin of error in case the Stabil doesn't do it's job. As far as I know there aren't any 91/93 non-ethonal places around any more?

I ran 100LL for the last month of boating this yr, the boat loved it ! It smelled good too!

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ar15meister View Post
    How do you figure out if the fuel tanks on a Skater need to be redone? Is there a way to check them without an invasive procedure?

How much does it cost to redo them?

Thanks in advance.
    First check your fuel filters 2 if not sure remove the sending unit plate and stick your hand in the tank and try to pull out any contaminated material and that material will be rubbery and flakey .
    Last edited by Offshore Ginger; 12-05-2009 at 12:59 PM.

18. Collapse Details

Wayne runs 100LL in his 28 Skater because of the tank issue. Last time he got some it was $3.99 a gallon in Calif. MD at the airport. Its the only place that will sell it to us. Bryans Rd airport wont sell it to us. Also bought the 89 non-ethanol and mixed it with 110 Cam 2 to raise the octane to 92 (his Promax's only need 91 also). It a pain, I hope that Va. will get their act together and offer a Marine fuel w/o ethanol, and make it 91 octane. Got a snowballs chance in hell of MD doing it. I here a couple of state are currently doing that and calling it Off Road Fuel, its a little more exspensive, but no ethanol problem.

19. Collapse Details

Hey guys in the fiberglass section i have a thread titled the Old Don Q Rum which is a 32 A and it shows pics of the gas tanks being repaired along with a host of other things that were done to the boat from a new deck , custom hatch , ext ext. I would like to mention that in doing the gas tank repairs it takes a long list of materials to do the job that i purchase from Skater / Douglas marine and that list is Witch's Brew ( resin ) At Prime part A & B , Cobalt , Styrene , Wax Additive , MEK & fabric along with making my own Baffles and Lids .

20. Collapse Details

Here we have non-ethanol fuel 87 to 93 only at private distributors the big guys (Exxon, Mobil...) all have ethanol.

I never go to CITGO due to political reasons...

It' a Skater Nation...