Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    I started in this biz a long time ago and was taught by the guys I consider to be the best in the biz. Old school, take no prisoners closers. Nice guy? who gives a sh!t. Good father? phuk you go play with your kids.

Thats whats needed here. God I'm getting myself worked up. Now my wheels are spinning..... hmm

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    I agree with you guys. It needs to be "sold". I salesman will get you reaching for your check book.

A tech guy and a race guy will get a, "Thank you that was very nice and really informative. See ya."
    BINGO! I see checkbooks get off that boat every ride. Kills me. I'm ****ed because if it keeps going this way the "project" will die. Thats a fact. It doesn't deserve that. I've been in the boat and it's amazing. And I've been in everything
    Last edited by DollaBill; 11-04-2009 at 06:41 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    You should get on the horn with those guys and work out a commission for yourself, then take that bet on the road!
    Nick Buis cell 813/417-6424

4. Collapse Details

I'd consider it. The question is can they build enough boats?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    I started in this biz a long time ago and was taught by the guys I consider to be the best in the biz. Old school, take no prisoners closers. Nice guy? who gives a sh!t. Good father? phuk you go play with your kids.

Thats whats needed here. God I'm getting myself worked up. Now my wheels are spinning..... hmm
    Sounds like a movie night

BoilerRoom

Confidence

Glengarry Glen Ross

You pick the order!

"That watch costs more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a ****. Good father? **** you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave."

Too bad it dosent translate
    Brad Schoenwald
    "It's not what you do, it's how well you do it"
    www.PERFORMANCEBOATSCHOOL.com

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BRAD SCHOENWALD View Post

BoilerRoom

Confidence

Glengarry Glen Ross

You pick the order!

"That watch costs more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a ****. Good father? **** you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave."

Classic- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TROhlThs9qY
    Coffee is for closers!

7. Collapse Details

BoilerRoom

Confidence

Glengarry Glen Ross

You pick the order!

Actually, it does. We used to play that scene (and others) every morning before boat shows. Gets you pumped up. When you combine pure passion and skill with anything you can be very successful.

You know how many people came into my office for "information" about a boat and walked out hundreds of thousands of dollars lighter? I stopped counting at 1000 a few years ago.......

8. Collapse Details

Actually what part don't you think translates?

9. Collapse Details

BoilerRoom

Confidence

Glengarry Glen Ross

You pick the order!

Awwwww....cmon Brad. Cockiness is what made America!

10. Collapse Details

Actually what part don't you think translates?
    fvck or walk.........in the boat business it must be fvck or swim!

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sellsman11 View Post
    Awwwww....cmon Brad. Cockiness is what made America!
    You are the best Frankie. I think you and Dolla should wager. See you next week?
    Brad Schoenwald
    "It's not what you do, it's how well you do it"
    www.PERFORMANCEBOATSCHOOL.com

12. Collapse Details

Though I am no expert, it would appear to me as they spent this year proving their product. As mentioned earlier, who wants to gamble and lay down 900k on an unproven unknown boat. They have had the entire prformance boating community talking all summer about how nice a boat it is, how well the cockpit suspension works, how the boat handles, how fast it is ec. Aside from the slightly tarnished bling that was mentioned earlier, they have created a mindset amongst potential customers that the boat is a solid performer and a worthy purchase. Now they need to bust their butts and get a couple ready for miami with some pricetags.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

13. Collapse Details

Actually, it does. We used to play that scene (and others) every morning before boat shows. Gets you pumped up. When you combine pure passion and skill with anything you can be very successful.

You know how many people came into my office for "information" about a boat and walked out hundreds of thousands of dollars lighter? I stopped counting at 1000 a few years ago.......
    Bill. I to like the Statement, the poker run circuit is getting the boat noticed but here are a few problems. Like you I have sold a lot of boats, I was one of the top Donzi dealers for 4 years in a row. It takes passion, desire and the personality to sell a boat, with a lot of knowledge of the boat you are selling.
    The first big problem for a new boat out of the shoot 800K for a boat thats new to the market, unlike America europe looks at boats that race, if they are winners they buy them. Cigarette, Outerlimits, Fountain, Donzi have a big name overseas. Now Outerlimits has the GTX that has been a great seller for a V bottom sit down. Most guys that have 800K will buy a name brand V or if they want the speed a cat. Skater, MTI, Nor-Tech, Outerlimits. there are many other cats but I am just talking about the big $$$ cats.
    The Statement as beautiful as she is has to be pushed, you need to get a few sold either you are going to sacrafice 1 or 2 for dealer cost to get them out there or take a trade that will leave a mark in the boating world. Taking people for rides is not going to get the boat sold.
    Frank Civitano

www.njppc.com

14. Collapse Details

You are the best Frankie. I think you and Dolla should wager. See you next week?
    phuk him I'm the best I was writing deals on napkins at shooters in diapers

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghied Again View Post
    Bill. I to like the Statement, the poker run circuit is getting the boat noticed but here are a few problems. Like you I have sold a lot of boats, I was one of the top Donzi dealers for 4 years in a row. It takes passion, desire and the personality to sell a boat, with a lot of knowledge of the boat you are selling.
    The first big problem for a new boat out of the shoot 800K for a boat thats new to the market, unlike America europe looks at boats that race, if they are winners they buy them. Cigarette, Outerlimits, Fountain, Donzi have a big name overseas. Now Outerlimits has the GTX that has been a great seller for a V bottom sit down. Most guys that have 800K will buy a name brand V or if they want the speed a cat. Skater, MTI, Nor-Tech, Outerlimits. there are many other cats but I am just talking about the big $$$ cats.
    The Statement as beautiful as she is has to be pushed, you need to get a few sold either you are going to sacrafice 1 or 2 for dealer cost to get them out there or take a trade that will leave a mark in the boating world. Taking people for rides is not going to get the boat sold.
    agree 100% Frank

16. Collapse Details

thats how i roll at the bars thursday - saturday (and sometimes monday)!

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Perlmudder View Post
    thats how i roll at the bars thursday - saturday (and sometimes monday)!
    But I am a nice guy and do play with my kids. LOL
    Last edited by DollaBill; 11-04-2009 at 08:48 PM.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Though I am no expert, it would appear to me as they spent this year proving their product. As mentioned earlier, who wants to gamble and lay down 900k on an unproven unknown boat. They have had the entire prformance boating community talking all summer about how nice a boat it is, how well the cockpit suspension works, how the boat handles, how fast it is ec. Aside from the slightly tarnished bling that was mentioned earlier, they have created a mindset amongst potential customers that the boat is a solid performer and a worthy purchase. Now they need to bust their butts and get a couple ready for miami with some pricetags.

STATEMENT! has definitely had the best in the business in their boat and the testimonials or "STATEMENTS!" are on the website. Thing is...what they were saying was even more incredible and detailed than what was written because they were so overwhelmed and talking to others. I was there for a good portion of them.

Yes, they were proving their product, but that didn't take long. Todd and Nick are very smart and good men, they have a plan and they are not afraid to take the time to do it right.

The tarnished bling...hhmmm...whoever said that was being snotty and looking for SOMETHING to say, because that boat is beautifully custom detailed - I am in awe of it every time I look at it.

I happen to know that there are serious plans for Miami - they have created quite the buzz in less than a year and it's not over yet!
    The world is 75% water - let's race it!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    Anyone else think "World Champion" is not a primary reason to buy a boat? I look at it like Nascar winners, nice but that winning vehicle (whether car or boat) has nothing in common with what you are buying in the showroom! Boats do share hulls with the racers though, albeit different X dimensions, weights and materials.

On the Hustler/Statement thing.......I have seen that statement more times than I have seen a Hustler this year!
    Hustler/Statement comment - you said a mouthful there, my friend!!!

20. Collapse Details

I'd consider it. The question is can they build enough boats?
    You definitely have the passion and background to sell them - just sayin...