Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Lake George Fall Poker Run Cancelled due to LGPC Request...
    Got this and a phone call from Norm...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Eyes View Post
    Yesterday I was informed by the Lake George Park Commission (LGPC), that they had filed a request with the NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to revoke the regatta permit for this event. The permit was issued by the DEC on June 1, 2009 without objection by the LGPC. They are now requesting that it be revoked due to "safety, navigational, recreational and environmental concerns". Although the LGPC had reviewed the permit application in May and requested modifications which were then incorporated into a modified application, they've now decided to seek to revoke the permit just 2 weeks before the event was scheduled to take place.
    I cannot apologize to everyone who registered and our sponsors enough. I have to say that I didn't see this coming. On June 12th a meeting was held with representatives from the LGPC followed by various telephone conversations and personal meetings as well. I have known all along that the LGPC was difficult to work with. I had been warned by many people. However, I thought that in working with them throughout the process, we had established a reasonable working relationship. Obviously I was misled.
    Not only did they not agree to increase the speed limit for the event, they have now also removed the exemption for the "noise limits" and requested that the permit itself be revoked.
    ALL REGISTRATION FEES AND SPONSOR FEES WILL BE REFUNDED IN FULL. All checks will refunded or returned this week.
    I intend to appeal this action vigorously. However, in the meantime, I think that's it's only fair to return everyone's money.
    The Fort William Henry has agreed to refund all deposits and payments in full as well due to this arbitrary action by the LGPC.
    THERE IS NO EVENT! Please do not just "show up". If so, it will be condsidered an illegal gathering and I can guarantee you that the LGPC will be there in full force to ticket as many people as they can for so sound, noise, speed and anything else that they can think of.
    Again, I apologize. If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call at 518-312-7478.
    Norm

2. Collapse Details

I just sent this out, if anyone thinks of others that need to be cced, let me know...

Bunch of mental midgets on those commissions, no wonder NY state is run so effectively...

Quote Originally Posted by GLH View Post
    To:'info@lgpc.state.ny.us'
    Cc: 'emanuel@poststar.com'; 'tingley@poststar.com'; 'info@lakegeorgechamber.com'; 'permits@lgpc.state.ny.us'; 'mpwhite@lgpc.state.ny.us'; 'opdir@lgpc.state.ny.us'; 'pkranger@lgpc.state.ny.us'; 'info@fortwilliamhenry.com'; 'lakegeorgemirror@gmail.com'; 'lgvmayor@nycap.rr.com'; 'apmonlg@nycap.rr.com'; 'diamondcovecotgs@aol.com'; 'reserve@thesagamore.com'

Subject: Cancelling of Regatta Permit issued by the DEC to Poker Run Production LLC for weekend of October 10th 2009

Bruce E. Young, Chairman
    Lake George Park Commission
    75 Fort George Road, PO Box 749
    Lake George, New York 12845

BY EMAIL

Mr. Young,

It is with great regret that I was informed yesterday that your agency had asked to revoke the Regatta Permit issued by the DEC to Poker Run Production LLC for a Poker Run to take place on the Lake weekend of October 10th 2009.

Our team and I have participated in most of these kinds of runs and their different incarnations on Lake George for the past seven years. We participate in multiple Poker Runs around the country every year and have a great time doing so.

Your decision will not affect our enjoyment of these events since I will more than likely send my boat and my crew in another location for that weekend.

A Poker Run weekend as such represents on my end expenses conservatively evaluated at $4,000 to $5,000 of which I can assure you at least 80% goes to the local establishments, namely hotels, restaurants, marinas, souvenir shops & many other local entities.

Seems your actions has deprived the local community of easily $250,000 to $350,000 in spending for what is known as a very calm weekend in your area I have been told. This conservative guess is from our group attending passed events on Lake George where easily 70-80 boats have been present from out of town.

Your area hosts Americade and a national car shows why are you singling out boaters? In these economic times I fail to see the wisdom in your Commission's decision but I am sure you have an ulterior motive that all the businesses who will suffer these losses will greatly appreciate.

As for us rest assure we will go somewhere else far from Lake George and spend those moneys anyway trying to help the country get back on track economically.

Have a great weekend on your sailboat.

Respectfully,

G.L. Harvie, President
    Limestone Development LLC, Burlington, VT

3. Collapse Details

Perfect!

4. Collapse Details

nice poke !
    Parabellum FJ²B

5. Collapse Details

Competitor
    I think eveyone should show up at Lake George for an UNSANCTIONED "Fun Run"!! F! the LGPC!!!!

6. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Shafts View Post
    I think eveyone should show up at Lake George for an UNSANCTIONED "Fun Run"!! F! the LGPC!!!!
    That will only line the LGPC's pockets with funds from fines for loud exhausts, speed etc... Hotels won't feel the impact if we still come. We need the hotel's an dlocal businesses to fight for this event to come back...

I hope the Mahopac Marine Hudson Fun Run can be moved up to Oct 10th to allow many more participants to attend.

7. Collapse Details

+1 for moving the hudson run up to the 10th

8. Collapse Details

Heres a thought, everbody show up without the boats, hit up the bars, reastraunts, and hotels and spend $$ like its going out of style everywhere you go. Monday morning call or email every single last local buisness that was patronized by anyone in the group and let them know you wont be back next year and tell them why and who to contact to ***** about it.

A large group of tax paying business owners and managers might get farther than a handfull of angry poker runners. Just my .02

9. Collapse Details

Don't go we need to keep the cash drawers empty.I am all for moving up the Hudson fun run but don't know if two weeks is to close to change everything.Just cancelled my rooms the Hotel I was staying at refunded my deposit and are very upset with the town.This is what we need to happen.
    We now concentrate on the hudson fun run and make that a great event.

10. Collapse Details

Don't go, and the organizers can address a letter to each and every business and hotel that would have profited (similar to GL's letter) and hand deliver it to every establishment, and let them know as to why the people aren't there. I'm quite sure that they will get the point and stand behind future runs.

11. Collapse Details

Go where you're welcome. There's way too much water in NY state to worry about one place.

12. Collapse Details

I am fairly sure we can move our fun gathering up to the 10th. Since we will be running on the Hudson, all are welcome. Our Fun Run is a bunch of people that just want to come out and enjoy the Hudson River! I will speak with Norm and make sure this does not infringe upon anything he has going on.

Stay tuned, Charlie and I will do what we can to change it which shouldnt be a big deal.
    Mahopac Marina
    Outerlimits/Sunsation & Stingray Dealer
    www.mahopacmarina.com 845-628-6550 sales@mahopacmarina.com

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MahopacMarine View Post
    I am fairly sure we can move our fun gathering up to the 10th. Since we will be running on the Hudson, all are welcome. Our Fun Run is a bunch of people that just want to come out and enjoy the Hudson River! I will speak with Norm and make sure this does not infringe upon anything he has going on.

Stay tuned, Charlie and I will do what we can to change it which shouldnt be a big deal.
    Whatever you guys do is fine will probably go up Fri night Hotel with parking lot for trailer and best place to launch?

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MahopacMarine View Post
    ... enjoy the Hudson River!
    Sounds good any good ramps!

15. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    PEEKSKILL, NY

16. Collapse Details

Newburgh N.Y has a nice ramp next to Gully's

17. Collapse Details

The better ramps depending on tide will be over in Stony Point. I will talk to the guys over there and get it all together this week.
    Mahopac Marina
    Outerlimits/Sunsation & Stingray Dealer
    www.mahopacmarina.com 845-628-6550 sales@mahopacmarina.com

18. Collapse Details

Gully's looks very good to me in Newburgh NY

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gullys.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Gully's looks very good to me in Newburgh NY

GL, That launch isnt the best. Many big waves roll into the back of your boat while loading and launching and can be very dangerous to you and your boat.Plus that lot fills with all the local fishing boats and they think they own the place. I have seen boats wait for up to 45 minutes to just get a chance to get there trailer into the water to only have a barge pass and thow a 5 foot wake pushing the boat up onto the dock or winch stand.Come down to Cannon Ball with us.

Nordic95

20. Collapse Details

GL Gully's is were I put in the last time out down there. Launching was a piece of cake. Getting out SUCKED. I had to waite for over an hour and finally just had my buddy drive down the ramp and pulled onto the trailer. People were freeking out. I doubt you would have much of an issue this late in the year however.