Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote-
    I'm surprised that the bank did not pay the storage due. Florida's marine and mechanic lien laws are very clear that a properly executed and filed storage lien supersedes a bank's lien on the boat. Typically, the bank pays the storage and collects the boat.

Usually when a dealer has a boat listed, he doesn't charge the owner for storage. Maybe the bank asked to see some proof.

2. Collapse Details

Dennis I hope the orange skater is running good for you, I remember the pain you had to get it runnable. Do you still have the other skater also?

3. Collapse Details

the bank is only going to pay storage if they agree to actually store it there, which they didn't..., if the boat was on consignment, then it's the previous owners nut to pay the dealer, if in fact any storage while under consignment is even due in the first place, which I doubt...

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    The white NT has been there for a while it was there when I lookede at an Apache when it first showed up there which was like a few weeks ago....It has Sage drives and lycomings in it and was a seizure boat and had nothing to do with repo's everybody there was pretty tight lipped about it and it was going to a govt auction!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Didn't Bill Pyburn (sp) build/buy Gold Digger? Why did he unload the boat so fast?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkrusher View Post
    Usually when a dealer has a boat listed, he doesn't charge the owner for storage. Maybe the bank asked to see some proof.
    Thats not entirely true.....I have charged storage on plenty of boats that I have had for sale!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bgchuby01 View Post
    Dennis I hope the orange skater is running good for you, I remember the pain you had to get it runnable. Do you still have the other skater also?
    Hey Jeff,

Time and money cured a lot of woes. The 46 is running like a raped ape. The 40 is still in Florida and 46 in Ohio. Donated the 39.

Painted the 46. Loaded a few pics. True Lambo orange.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HF 43 a.jpg   HF 49 a.jpg   exhaust 001 a.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    Thats not entirely true.....I have charged storage on plenty of boats that I have had for sale!!!!
    I would rarely let a boat sit on my property for free even if I had it for sale b/c people will list them just to get free storage.

9. Collapse Details

your duct tape business should be up. Lots of people using your tape to strangle their bankers.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HellFire View Post
    Hey Jeff,

Time and money cured a lot of woes. The 46 is running like a raped ape. The 40 is still in Florida and 46 in Ohio. Donated the 39.

Painted the 46. Loaded a few pics. True Lambo orange.
    did u take an employee out for a ride recently? hes friends with my best friend

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    The white NT has been there for a while it was there when I lookede at an Apache when it first showed up there which was like a few weeks ago....It has Sage drives and lycomings in it and was a seizure boat and had nothing to do with repo's everybody there was pretty tight lipped about it and it was going to a govt auction!!!
    I saw the white one a couple months ago when I was picking up my sea ray. It is tied up in federal tax court. Liquidators wouldn't tell me when it would be up for sale. The boat is not completed. Looks like it was siezed during a re rig.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkrusher View Post
    Quote-
    I'm surprised that the bank did not pay the storage due. Florida's marine and mechanic lien laws are very clear that a properly executed and filed storage lien supersedes a bank's lien on the boat. Typically, the bank pays the storage and collects the boat.

+1 it doesn't take a lot of effort to file a lien.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    did u take an employee out for a ride recently? hes friends with my best friend
    Yes. May go out again this Wednesday.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bgchuby01 View Post
    your duct tape business should be up. Lots of people using your tape to strangle their bankers.
    Bankers and brokers ! A real double down. Hopefully they will go after their politicians next.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HellFire View Post
    Yes. May go out again this Wednesday.
    kevin foos?

16. Collapse Details

A storage bill supercedes a bank lien but not a marshalls lien

17. Collapse Details

registered
    You guys catch this?

POMPANO BEACH, FL (August 3, 2009) – Fastboats.com, an exclusive South Florida dealership of Donzi speedboats and speedboat service facility helmed by Randy Sweers and his wife Kim, is proud to announce the opening of a new state-of-the-art marina and showroom in Pompano Beach, Florida, located in the 1400 block of North Federal Highway.

“Very few high performance boat dealerships offer a one-stop shop solution,” says Kim Sweers, vice president of Fastboats.com. “After the sale, we offer complete customer support, from parts and maintenance to dry storage, to emergency service and concierge service. The combination of marina and showroom gives us the ability to grow with our clients from the moment they walk through our doors.”

The new facility has a 7,000 sq ft sales showroom and includes has 380 dry slips, a 35-ton travel lift, on-site 93 octane fuel, and is designed to withstand Category 4 hurricane-strength winds, “a must for anyone who needs to safely store a boat in this part of the country,” Kim Sweers says. The marina, which includes dry storage slips for boats up to 47-ft long, and in-water storage for 75-footers, was built by one of the top marina development corporations; Aquamarine Partners.

The new showroom, complete with floor-to-ceiling display windows, ample office space, and space for clients to examine every inch of new and pre-owned boats, will feature vessels from the industry’s top manufacturers such as Donzi Marine and Mercury.

With more than 20 years of experience selling and maintaining offshore performance vessels as well as center consoles and cruisers. Randy Sweers has earned the title of one of the country’s top performance boat authorities.. Whether your vessel needs to be provisioned, fueled, or stored, Sweers and Fastboats.com have demonstrated the ability to do all of the above. Fastboats.com employs factory authorized Mercury service technicians, and Yamaha and Volvo boat engine repair experts.

Now in its fifteenth year of business, Fastboats.com, the country’s largest Donzi dealer has opened a new all-in-one Offshore performance super center , complete with a sleek showroom filled with new and pre-owned high-end performance, cruisers and center consoles., This full service marina and dry dock is just a 10-minute idle from beautiful Hillsborough Inlet. The marina, built by Aquamarine Partners, the leader in dry storage and marina construction is open 7 days a week from 8am-5 pm The new showroom will formally open to the public October 2nd.2009

Fastboats.com is headquartered at 1490 North Federal Highway, in Pompano Beach, Florida. For additional information on service, storage, parts, transportation or sales contact the Team at Fastboats.com. (954) 581-8355, sales@Fastboats.com or visit www.Fastboats.com.

18. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't sound like they're done at all..
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

19. Collapse Details

I had a driver drop a 38 donzi there the other day and he said the place was overwhelming. I have watched it being built for the last year and its pretty damn nice. Best of luck to fastboats

20. Collapse Details

Randy is just a tenant in the building out front. He doesn't own/operate the marina. The marina is very nice and Broward County needs more redevelopment like this.