Thread: Joint Venture

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Joint Venture
    Competitor
    Congrat to John and Bill for working together and making this happen. This is a great step forward for Offshore thanks guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jointventure.jpg  

2. Collapse Details
    Great Move!
    Thumbs up
    Bravo!

3. Collapse Details

Who paid the TV bill in Sarasota?

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Line 3 says no equipment registration/entry fees.

Line 5 says $350 membership fee for each person including crew every event. Effectively the annual membership fee becomes and entry fee of sorts.
    If you do more than one or two events is it a bargain?

It is progress..............

5. Collapse Details

it says "all" not "every", the email I received explained that the annual crew fee wouldn't be waived but the boat entry and reg would be.

so basically, if you have already been at an SBI event, it is free now if you aren't looking for points or prize money and want some possible TV coverage.

6. Collapse Details

I thought Ron Polli was president of OSS.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    On the last line it states to PRESENT to OSS

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    I think the 350 per racer fee is a one time deal and cannot be waived due to the contract with APBA in Detroit wich is where most of that money will go. The APBA affiliation is not free for SBI

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
    it says "all" not "every", the email I received explained that the annual crew fee wouldn't be waived but the boat entry and reg would be.

so basically, if you have already been at an SBI event, it is free now if you aren't looking for points or prize money and want some possible TV coverage.
    I expect to pay a membership fee. No problem. I read it as "MUST pay....at all joints events" means more than once. Not sure of the intent, but it seems unclear to me.

10. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Question
    I'm not sure what all the Congrats are for ?

JC signed a letter of acknowledgment from a boat racer that will have to present this plan to the OSS Board of Directors for a vote.

It has been almost 2 weeks since that letter was signed. Does anyone know if this letter has ever been presented to the OSS Board and did they vote on it ?

Also, I noticed there is no time line on this.

Would this include a Joint Race in Key West 2009 ? (The 1st race of the 2010 season.)

Or will it only be race sites JC wants to invite OSS when he needs them most?

$350 membership per person at all joint events.

I always thought the membership was an annual fee. Am I reading this wrong when it states they will have to pay at every joint race?

Until an official press release comes out of OSS, this is nothing more than a racer presenting an idea.

Not to mention the same idea JC has shot down many times in the past from an OSS official for Key West and many other sites...

Something tells me JC & WHM would like nothing more than having a joint event in Jersey City/New York. I recall that event having record low boat counts the last few years....

I guess we should wait & see how the OSS Board Votes on this before patting JC & Bill on the back...

11. Collapse Details

I believe it was just worded incorrectly, why would John Charge other orgs more than he charges regulars?? Its a once a year deal.

12. Collapse Details

Remember guys,

SBI didnt type this letter up, Bill did, John just agreed by signing it, so if it is $350 per event it was Bills idea

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    What is there to vote on?

14. Collapse Details

Registered
    Its hardly a joint venture.
    Its a method of OSS guys getting to race on a one at a time opportunity.

Satisfies one groups low boat count and another groups low venue count.

Sorta like a guy with no left leg hookin up with a guy with no right leg to go for a stroll.

15. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    It's nice of SBI to offer this to WHM and OSS. The board of OSS did read the letter and we are continuing on the path of working with OPA. I guess if some teams want to take SBI up on their offer, they can do so.

16. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    It is my belief that if an organization has a Board of Directors that makes the decisions on what the organization's direction should be, one person cannot dictate where that organization's direction goes. It would need to be voted upon by the members.

After Ron's post, it appears everyone is free to race where they want and when they want.

As far as the OSS organization itself, it appears they had given SBI enough opportunities to work together and made no progress collectively.

On the flip side, they have seem to have moved forward with OPA and will stay that course for now and the future.

17. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    your right , we haven,t voted on much in a very long time , i guess it,s not an owners org, any more?

18. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I think you r 100% correct, but he does own the company he is a employee.

19. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES View Post
    I'm not sure what all the Congrats are for ?

JC signed a letter of acknowledgment from a boat racer that will have to present this plan to the OSS Board of Directors for a vote.

It has been almost 2 weeks since that letter was signed. Does anyone know if this letter has ever been presented to the OSS Board and did they vote on it ?

Also, I noticed there is no time line on this.

Would this include a Joint Race in Key West 2009 ? (The 1st race of the 2010 season.)

Or will it only be race sites JC wants to invite OSS when he needs them most

$350 membership per person at all joint events.

I always thought the membership was an annual fee. Am I reading this wrong when it states they will have to pay at every joint race?

Until an official press release comes out of OSS, this is nothing more than a racer presenting an idea.

Not to mention the same idea JC has shot down many times in the past from an OSS official for Key West and many other sites...

Something tells me JC & WHM would like nothing more than having a joint event in Jersey City/New York. I recall that event having record low boat counts the last few years....

I guess we should wait & see how the OSS Board Votes on this before patting JC & Bill on the back...
    Sharkey you have a few good question you should call Bill I'm sure he can give u some in-put. I dont know of any vote from the board when Ron spoke to Smitty, but i could be wrong you might want to ask Bill about that also.

Funny Ron talks about racing with OPA and its great and Bill says the same for the boat that want to race SBI and its not so good. HUmmmmmmm LOl

20. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Sharkey you have a few good question you should call Bill I'm sure he can give u some in-put. I dont know of any vote from the board when Ron spoke to Smitty, but i could be wrong you might want to ask Bill about that also.

Funny Ron talks about racing with OPA and its great and Bill says the same for the boat that want to race SBI and its not so good. HUmmmmmmm LOl
    Do you honestly believe Ron just turned around one day and told the OSS teams you are now going to run joint races with the OPA at their sites without the racer's input ?

I honestly can say I don't now how it all played out, but I certainly would not think that is how it went down...

I know for a fact it was not just Ron & Smitty putting it all together...