Thread: Svl

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Very cool Video... good job we need more of that out there .

Awesome Video you too....great promotion for the sport!

Thanks guys. Remember crazy Lisa from Biloxi she set it up for us. They are going to do a follow up for the shootout and the LOTO race.

Had good air shot but a jet ski got in the way.

2. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    hay guys i,m proud of you ???? but i think the follow.up story might have a surprised ending, knowone seen comming ?

3. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    That's great. Too cool.

4. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    I understand the tuff times,,,,,but please be ownest ...with out starting BS here,,,would u sit out if it was an OSS event.

That much for uniting !

And loosing the chance on the world title in KW,,,,??????

COME ON .......... if i had money i pay u to come and show randy and steve how its done !!!!!!
    devil i believe i seen you at two oss races biloxi and cumberland but not your boat? why would you waste your money to go and not bring it, AS for the dunbars they elected to run for a national title in a series, so your answer is yes they would make it if it was ther series event, it only makes sense. as for uniting there are some million dollar teams that race in all the series and you show me where it has done anything for uniting? sorry but you can,t put the sports problem on us we don,t get in the politics.

5. Collapse Details

I don't understand if everyone was on a budget from OSS to race the national circuit and didn't go to Sunny Isles because OSS pulled out then why wouldn't they replace Sunny Isles with Sarasota????? I think Steve was the only SVL that was there. Sarasota has been good to racing for over twenty years and I think they deserve our support no matter what circuit you follow.

6. Collapse Details

Just want to make it clear that Randy will come to Sarasota on the condition that Steve and I come to Loto. I spoke to Steve and he is not thrilled about going to Loto. Hopefully, he'll change his mind. If Randy doesn't come to Sarasota, I will not be in Loto either. Lets make a deal boyz.

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Brett, they mentioned in a previous post the could make the trip. It was the registration fees that tipped the scale.

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Brett, they mentioned in a previous post the could make the trip. It was the registration fees that tipped the scale.
    I know I have no horse in this, but, because there is this one race where it is (as I understand it), double points, double participation credit, almost all the main SVL players are on board, CBS will be there, etc.

Could the fees not be halved one time as well, (or some similar savings for all to finish getting everyone there)? These types of opportunities don't come along all that often.

Now I'll go hide again
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

9. Collapse Details

I understand Clearwater is double points.

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    I understand Clearwater is double points.
    Sorry, I thought it was the other way around.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    Just FYI for the non boat owners that find it so easy to spend other peoples money.

As looking at the SBI rule Book the entries for Sarasota would be as follows

Equipment $1,500.00
    Race Entry $1,475.00
    Driver $350.00
    Throttle $350.00

PLUS FUEL, HOTELS, FOOD, etc.

I know else where it was mentioned that the yearly equipment fee may be reduced but, I don't know.

Also I can not find a prize money breakdown anywhere on the SBI site, I do know that full prize money is only paid if 5 boats show up in the class.

But I can tell you that first place EVEN WITH FIVE boats wouldn't cover the entry fees.
    Ryan Beckley

12. Collapse Details

Jim,
    You are saying the one time equipment, driver, throttleman fees tipped the scale?
    Entry fees are a wash or run P class for $675 like we do.
    Don't they have money left from no entry fees for Sunny Isles and Orange Beach and would now qualify for a worlds.

13. Collapse Details

Ryan,

Negative, as Frank posted b4
    SVL class
    Equipment: prorated amt in the ballpark of 900 range
    Race Entry:1075
    driver/throttleman:700
    Purse:5500

Please dont post misinformation, unfortunatly this goes back to being political, but bottom line, if they want to race, they show and race, if not we only wish them the best. When a particular team attaches strings it is obvious that it is a strategic political move.(Then the team cant even pick up the phone and get back in good standings) Your racing in Sarasota, which you do every year and I look forward to seeing you and having a great time as always. If any of the SVL's need a hand, let me know, my team and I will do anything we can to help you out.

Trent
    Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 06-18-2009 at 05:05 PM.
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

14. Collapse Details

Hey Trent

I was just going by what I could find on the SBI site, I wasn't making anything up. No guessing, no political motives. Just putting it in to perspective for the people that find it so easy to spend other peoples money and don't know all the facts.

You guys keep saying the purse is $5500.00 for SVL please post the break down if that is the purse.

I offered to help get Mark & Jenni here as well so don't say I am trying to get anyone not to come.

Can anyone point me to the SBI payout schedule for 2009? I can not find it on the site.
    Ryan Beckley

15. Collapse Details

16. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Get a 4th boat locked down. other than Randy or us

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Jim,
    You are saying the one time equipment, driver, throttleman fees tipped the scale?
    Entry fees are a wash or run P class for $675 like we do.
    Don't they have money left from no entry fees for Sunny Isles and Orange Beach and would now qualify for a worlds.
    I only know what has been posted. I can't speak for them.

I have always enjoyed Sarasota. I first raced there in '90.

I am one of the lucky that gets to race without many of the costs.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I don't understand if everyone was on a budget from OSS to race the national circuit and didn't go to Sunny Isles because OSS pulled out then why wouldn't they replace Sunny Isles with Sarasota????? I think Steve was the only SVL that was there. Sarasota has been good to racing for over twenty years and I think they deserve our support no matter what circuit you follow.
    we dont pay entry fee to race svl with oss so there wasnt that money we had to budget. we have the money to travel to sarasota since we didnt go to sib not enough for entry and i didnt plan on sib being cancelled and then we started discussing going to sarasota on tuesday, it really comes down to just time off for us on being short notice and not having anyone to run my business. just explaining before someone else tells me why we arent going. jenni

19. Collapse Details

Ryan
    Is the prize money more important to the SVL racers than having a race because that is what the word was in Sunny Isles?

20. Collapse Details

Brett

YES, in OSS the SVL entry is paid by the prize money and the rest is what they get for prize money. So the race fees are really a deal breaker for many SVL teams hence no SVL's in SIB & few in SBI.
    Ryan Beckley