Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Demo ride in the new STATEMENT MARINE 42'
    Thumbs up
    Holy WOW!!! I was at the docks at the St. Pete Grand Prix this past weekend. Saw the new STATEMENT MARINE 42' sitting at the dock, getting all this attention. I saw it at Poker Runs America the week before, and looked GOOD!!!

So in the middle of the day, I managed to be able to join in on a demo ride in Tampa Bay. Right from the start, I was like...WOW! The US Coast Guard wouldn't let us get up on plane until we got about 200 yds. off the Pier! Anyway, got up on plan quickly with 5 people on board and a full tank of fuel.

As we hit just over 100, I found myself talking casually with Nick Buis, driver, and was amazed at the smooth ride. This is the 1st and only boat with the patented cockpit cushion. Seriously, the entire cockpit was sitting on a suspension! Nothing like I've ever seen or felt before! Not only was the boat riding smooth, but the suspension actually made it that much of a better ride!

So as we started heading closer to its 137 MPH top speed, at about 125, I tell Nick (without headsets) that I am wowed by no chine walking. He had one hand on the wheel and one on the throttles. I had to laugh as he gives me the 'surfs up' signal from his steering hand. Yup...he let go of the steering wheel for about 5-6 seconds as we approached 128 MPH! And the boat did not nudge! I was floored!

Boat turned very nicely, and we headed back to the docks. Yup...with a permanent grin! I'm waiting for my next ride!!

Extremely well built boat, very stable and super modern looking! Great job guys! This is a tech masterpiece. And they said they gotta do a few more tweaks to it! Holy cow...you mean they're gonna make it even better!?!?!? Look out competition!!! I'll be on the STATEMENT!!

While practicing my new video editing skills, I put together this video on YouTube. Just something I messed around with...check it out at this link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoWkHQLplj8

2. Collapse Details

registered
    Hello Michael. First off, welcome aboard! Good to see you hangin' around our 'docks.'
    Nice to have another local on the site.

The statement boat is definitely incredible. Looks, style, innovation - It's got it all, and a great team bahind the scenes. Nice video! Thanks.

P.S.
    I was at the Grand Prix, and saw the boat making a few runs throughout the day. She looks and sounds great!

3. Collapse Details

Yes, thanks for having me. I plan on doing some good posts and getting the blood flowing again, and hopefully help get us out of this economy, and do some more boating!
    Anyway, I too saw the boat and had to see what it was all about. It IS ALL THAT!! Catch you on the next one.

4. Collapse Details

that's what the cockpits of all high end (medium end) should look like - wow
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

5. Collapse Details

Cool!!!

6. Collapse Details

very nice......
    statement is on board with us, would like to welcome gene and crew.. boats looks awsome..... real nice numbers.....
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

7. Collapse Details

Were those 1075's???

8. Collapse Details

That is impressive. I really would like to check out the cockpits suspension. If its the real deal it would have me seriously considering another boat.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    That is impressive. I really would like to check out the cockpits suspension. If its the real deal it would have me seriously considering another boat.

Fiddy cent !!

10. Collapse Details

nice work! I like their thinking!

11. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice vid and sweet looking/performing boat. Can't seem to find out a whole lot about it. Weight, beam, etc.? Did the demo boat have a furnished cabin?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

12. Collapse Details
    Question
    I just love the back end styling on it. Anyone have any pics of the cockpit suspension? I really want to see how that works and how they keep it from banging around into the sides or scraping edges. This has got me baffeled as to how it works.

13. Collapse Details

The websit seems to be up and running but not a lot of content. www.statementmarine.com

14. Collapse Details

What about the cat?

15. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Awesome vid

16. Collapse Details

What a beautiful boat. The cockpit suspension is an excellent idea. I would also love to see how it works.
    Eddie

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    Were those 1075's???
    yes....

18. Collapse Details

wow...very nice...

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by youngperformance View Post
    i would also love to see how it works.
    Eddie
    +1