Does anybody remember the races that were in Wyandotte, MI in the 80s? I want to say 1981 and 82, but I'm not 100% sure. The first was called the Michelob Light Classic and the second was, IINM, the Stroh Light Invitational. Of the Superboats, Popeyes took the win, though it was on 3 engines and the one that was out controlled his power steering, so Copeland had a hell of a time in the turns. Sal Magluta with Seahawk took second. I also remember a boat called Maxon taking the win for it's class. Most of this info was from the paper that printed the results and from memory. Problem is, I can't seem to find any information about either race, though I believe the above comments reflect the Stroh Light Invitational. I took my Dad to the race; he was a long time fan of boat racing of any kind, I was sans camera, and he took the grainy photos below with a Nikon EM with no telephoto, of course. The first is Magluta in the (38ft Cougar?-paper identified it as 40ft) Seahawk, the second is Copeland in the 50 ft Cougar, Popeyes. The rest of the pics I have are too small to be identified, actually Popeyes is the only boat big enough to readily identify at the distance involved with standard lens. Any info you gents might have would be much appreciated.