That's the one. It was mid-2008 when I was leaving notes on doors. Before I said screw it and bought the Apache.
The owner was the half-brother of my friend who used to own it. I barely knew him. His father called me (long story that won't make it on this thread) and shot me a high number, plus the fact that one side was suspected pooched back then. I walked away thinking that the father was padding the price for his broker fee, quite frankly. I want to say that the dad wanted 9k. I would have paid 4k and repowered it back then. I would not now. IMO it needs new/rebuilt small blocks. The cabin was screwed up in a failed restoration as well. I have memories of glue soaking through upholstery or carpet, all over the underside of the deck/cabin top. Maybe that was redone.
The bottom was redone by a local glass shop in around 2003 maybe. They ground out blisters, reglassed the bottom and painted it with bottom paint. Had to have gained a little weight. Didn't seem to ruin the performance/attitude/handling or anything. Based on other restorations I have done, at this point the tank should be suspect.

My guess is that it has not been run since the "left" side motor started failing, which is why he would trade a 24 foot boat with 350s for a 23-25 foot boat with a 350.

One nice thing is how smoothly the 270 drives always shifted. Especially considering the age. I think that it would be worth restoring for somebody who really appreciates Dorals. I want to say that he used to see almost 60 with sbcs, and the basic trim settings of the 270s.