Quote Originally Posted by rschap1 View Post
After searching for an sx reed boat for a few years, two more popped up on local CraigsList in past 2 days since I got mine.
If you have a second, would you mind PMing me the link to those two you said popped up after you got home with your new one? I'm STILL looking for a 1995 550sx, but I would look at a 94 as well. Thanks, and congrats on your new one!

Sorry for just getting back to the thread guys! I went down to Florida for a few days to run the 368 one last time down there, before it comes back to OK for the Summer! GREAT times!

I'm both surprised & excited to see so many of you that are, or were, into stand ups......and only ONE lake lice comment!

I rarely see stand ups on the water at all anymore, but the ones I do see, are never of the lake lice type of rider. Stand ups obviously require a lot more skill than sit down versions, so the people I do see out, have been riding for long enough to stay clear of any boats, as well as can been seen looking behind them, & to the sides, watching for traffic.

The problem with sit down models, is that the person who owns it, is usually not the one riding it. It's the guests of the owner, that come to the lake once a year and want to ride the SeaDoo's. THEY are the ones with tunnel vision, no knowledge of what "No Wake" even means, much less how to obey the rule, and they run side to side instead of with, or against the flow of traffic.

I have always preferred to just cruise the shoreline at half throttle or so, waiting for a nice wake to come along. One that doesn't already have 10, 3-seater Wave Runners or similar following it. Those people trying to seriously jump the 3 seat machines, never seem to have a system, or pattern they follow, to keep from running into each other. They also stay behind the boat, hitting the wrong wave.... the WRONG way, while staying close enough to the back of the boat to ruin any chance of someone else hitting it without running them over.....

I've been doing more research since getting the ball rolling with the 800, and the newest SuperJet has great reviews as well. It's also shorter & a bit narrower than the Kawi, as well as about 60ish pounds lighter. That has to make it carve & jump even better, so I'd like to somehow try both models out. The dealers hardly stock stand ups in any kind quantity these days, so finding one that has a couple of used ones to test ride, is going to be nearly impossible. I've ridden a SuperJet before, and it was a great ski. I may go with the SJ when it comes time to decide, even though I've always owned Kawi's. The dealer will be cool with trading the Kawi I asked for, for the SJ instead.

Here's a pic of the 2010 SJ: