I Have been looking through many of the threads for construction and finishing and i am not seeing the dummy "how to fiberglass" instructions. I have been looking alot at jeffs raising the x posts and we had similar baja issues. I do not have pics at the moment but i had rotten stringers in the engine bay. the new boards are in and i used the weather-proof micro-lam. I have a friend that is in new home construction. He said i used a couple hundred dollars of wood in this fix. The transom is solid and dry. No leaks no signs of anything. I am happy for that.

My dad used to be an avid boater and made many repairs. I just think his info may be a little dated. He brought me this woven fibergalss and told me "that is what you use on a boat".

Basically, i do not know how to do fiberglass at all. I need to cover my bare wood and tie it all-together with the existing boat and to it well. I would also like to paint the bildge again to give it a brighter look. So, the fiberglass mat that my dad gave me will not be enough. It is not that tiger hair looking stuff it is organized and woven. All i have to do is the two stringers. They are just double the size now due to the beefing up. What do i need to buy? I have been told that it is very easy to do as long as you learn from someone who knows. I alsno need to install drains in the stringers due to the water that just sits there from prople getting in and out of the boat wet. The water just sits there on the outsides of the engine support stringers until i sop it up or shop vac it up. I need to know how to make a drain and not compromise the integrity of my boat. All i need is the water to drain into the bildge. It is not alot of water and I only see it if we are swimming and jumping in and out of my boat. sop it up and take it out a couple times late season and not swim you will not see any water.

If i cannot be taught over this forum, i understand. But any help would be awesome!