Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details
    My neighbor the D*bag
    I scheduled myself home this week to get some work done on the boat. So - last night we stopped over and had a beer with my neighbors who were just having a little improptu get together with people living on my street (happens around here alot).
    Everyone kept asking why I was home, so I was explaining I was home trying to get the boat ready for the new power.
    My neighbor totally butts in to tell his story of how his Sunday afternoon last year, at some riverside restaurant, was ruined by some ******* pulling up in a cigarette boat. He went on and on about how it was so horrible, and how boats like that should be outlawed.... He finally got off his pedestal long enough to ask what kind of boat I had
    Answer...a Cigarette boat.
    What a douchebag.

2. Collapse Details

I bet that made the room silent

Is it awful that I take a strange pleasure whenever I can drop one of those showstopper comments?
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

3. Collapse Details

this girl i go to university with has over 90 kill counts. we introduce her as the showstopper!

4. Collapse Details

I hate people like that. If he doesn't like boats, maybe he shouldnt eat at a waterside restaurant. All they are is jealous cause they can't own one themselves.
    31 Sonic SS

5. Collapse Details

ahhhh, f'him.
    All those comments are dismissed w/ one jaw drop from some kid!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stormrider View Post
    ahhhh, f'him.
    All those comments are dismissed w/ one jaw drop from some kid!
    How true is that!
    Damn I only own a formula 223 with that silent thunder box and a group of kids wents nuts at the dock calling it a cigarette-I was parking the truck and a nice 30' cig pulled in, I told them "now that is a cigarette"
    Kids went nuts, gotta love it.

7. Collapse Details

What a tool!

8. Collapse Details

If it makes you feel any better, some a-hole in a center console gave me the double middle finger last week just because I had a loud boat! D-bags...they're everywhere.
    www.blackduckcafe.net

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gladhe8er View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, some a-hole in a center console gave me the double middle finger last week just because I had a loud boat! D-bags...they're everywhere.
    that's not the reason I was flipping you off
    Parabellum FJ²B

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    don't you have some gas to drain out of your hull?!
    www.blackduckcafe.net

12. Collapse Details

Banana Bend, Texas 29 50 49.84N, 95 05 17.46W
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeY View Post
    I scheduled myself home this week to get some work done on the boat. So - last night we stopped over and had a beer with my neighbors who were just having a little improptu get together with people living on my street (happens around here alot).
    Everyone kept asking why I was home, so I was explaining I was home trying to get the boat ready for the new power.
    My neighbor totally butts in to tell his story of how his Sunday afternoon last year, at some riverside restaurant, was ruined by some ******* pulling up in a cigarette boat. He went on and on about how it was so horrible, and how boats like that should be outlawed.... He finally got off his pedestal long enough to ask what kind of boat I had
    What a douchebag.
    There are two sides to that deal though.

It generally takes me less than two minutes to back into a slip and kill the motor/s, maybe another 2 minutes to start up, check everything and leave.

I have seen people rack up the better part of thirty minutes engine time doing the same simple thing. I could see how that would cause a problem
    Mark
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
    There are two sides to that deal though.

It generally takes me less than two minutes to back into a slip and kill the motor/s, maybe another 2 minutes to start up, check everything and leave.

I have seen people rack up the better part of thirty minutes engine time doing the same simple thing. I could see how that would cause a problem
    There are certainly no shortage of buttheads in our hobby. A lot of guys like to rile people up and show off. My boat is not that loud and nothing to show off but I also try to get docked and shut down as quickly as possible. I also warn anyone standing behind the boat when I'm going to fire the motors. We have enough people that don't like us as it is, no sense in making more.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Baja Fresh View Post
    There are certainly no shortage of buttheads in our hobby. A lot of guys like to rile people up and show off. My boat is not that loud and nothing to show off but I also try to get docked and shut down as quickly as possible. I also warn anyone standing behind the boat when I'm going to fire the motors. We have enough people that don't like us as it is, no sense in making more.
    Yes...this hobby has plenty of a$$wipes in it. I do the same thing warning families, kids, Gramps, moms & whomever before I start the engines and I get out quick. I've seen plenty of times at the dock or restaurants tough guys revving the engines and making a spectacle out it. I love loud boats but that behavior irritates me too. I can understand some of the reactions we get and thanks to some we now have a noise law in CT.

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Make it a dry exhaust and flush the motors at 6 am sunday morning by his bedroom window!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    Make it a dry exhaust and flush the motors at 6 am sunday morning by his bedroom window!!!
    That's what I was thinkin! If you have a diesel truck make sure that is running too!

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by YankeY View Post
    What a douchebag.
    I've met a couple people like that. I usually try top get them out on the boat and when they do, they usually have a complete turn around and start telling everyone how bad azz "Cigarette" boats are. Like others have said, it's usually a jealousy thing. They don't like someone else getting all the attention.

18. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Baja Fresh View Post
    I've met a couple people like that. I usually try top get them out on the boat and when they do, they usually have a complete turn around and start telling everyone how bad azz "Cigarette" boats are. Like others have said, it's usually a jealousy thing. They don't like someone else getting all the attention.
    I agree. I took a couple out a while back who absolutely hated 'cigarette boats.' They always hang out at my marina bar and are otherwise really nice and cool, but they just hate go-fasts (they're sailor, of course)...Well we always hang out at the bar and bullsht until one day they see my boat...they're like "wow, that's yours." I say "yes, she is." Total attitude change...and then the lecturing...seamanship, safety, courtesy, blah, blah, blah. I finally offered them a ride, and afterwards they totally came around. The guy says "Okay, I understand now, very cool, thank you." During the ride he's grinning ear-to-ear just friggin' loving it. We had a few drinks at the bar afterwards, and he was very appreciative, and had a whole new perspective. The guy now gives thumbs-up instead of the finger.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CigDaze View Post
    I agree. I took a couple out a while back who absolutely hated 'cigarette boats.' They always hang out at my marina bar and are otherwise really nice and cool, but they just hate go-fasts (they're sailor, of course)...Well we always hang out at the bar and bullsht until one day they see my boat...they're like "wow, that's yours." I say "yes, she is." Total attitude change...and then the lecturing...seamanship, safety, courtesy, blah, blah, blah. I finally offered them a ride, and afterwards they totally came around. The guy says "Okay, I understand now, very cool, thank you." During the ride he's grinning ear-to-ear just friggin' loving it. We had a few drinks at the bar afterwards, and he was very appreciative, and had a whole new perspective. The guy now gives thumbs-up instead of the finger.
    I think you have the best approach to this problem. ****ing people off only makes it worse. They are just ignorant, education is the answer.
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

20. Collapse Details

On of my all time favorite boating memories was about 3 years ago... My wife was standing with her back to Hot for Teacher, by the transom when Tom fired up it up... My wife let out a shriek and nearly jumped into the water as the sound and pressurewave from the exhaust hit her...

I'm literally crying with laughter right now thinking about it.

My friends and I still say "whooom! AAAAH!" and fall apart with laughter...

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."