Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Cleveland boat show update...
    my observations..

There was 1 fountain, 1 faja, 1 used formula, and the 36 concept complete with the cutest little high school metal shop trim tabs.

our fearless leader was a no show..

no gellner floaty keychains or t-shirts

not much to do beside sit in the bar and drink.

oh, and Wrinklefaces GPS really sucks and the roads sucked.

Dinner at dreamers was good though and it was nice putting a few faces to some names.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    my observations..

There was 1 fountain, 1 faja, 1 used formula, and the 36 concept complete with the cutest little high school metal shop trim tabs.

our fearless leader was a no show..

no gellner floaty keychains or t-shirts

not much to do beside sit in the bar and drink.

oh, and Wrinklefaces GPS really sucks and the roads sucked.

Dinner at dreamers was good though and it was nice putting a few faces to some names.

Any pics?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

nope camera died, but nothing worth taking piks of (unless your count encriminating evidence off drunken boat people)..

< insert generic beak boat picture here >

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    nope camera died, but nothing worth taking piks of (unless your count encriminating evidence off drunken boat people)..

< insert generic beak boat picture here >
    If they're our members, definitely worth it....

5. Collapse Details

they were all aimless though, our fearless leader failed to show up and lead.....

6. Collapse Details

Ughhh my head hurts....

I drank a couple beers I think, looked the the only 3 cool boats by the bar, never made it downtown.

Nice to meet Wrinkleface! that was fun, yea...his GPS did a bad job, good thing I iwas able to guide him in!
    35 Cigarette Mistress

7. Collapse Details

Wow!!! we made it!! Great to see everyone...Show was a 1/3 smaller then last year!!!

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    they were all aimless though, our fearless leader failed to show up and lead.....
    Stecz says Chris is on vacation so he is acting as our fearless leader. No wonder he didn't show up, rumor has it he was in jail.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jail.gif  

9. Collapse Details

Major headache yesterday. Car got jacked in Pittsburgh- valet parking downtown. They got the car, phone and wallet. Good thing my brother-in-law lives close (well, not for him) so he could get me home. I learned something new last night- you can't make a collect call to a payphone. Nor can you rent a car without a driver's licence.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Major headache yesterday. Car got jacked in Pittsburgh- valet parking downtown. They got the car, phone and wallet. Good thing my brother-in-law lives close (well, not for him) so he could get me home. I learned something new last night- you can't make a collect call to a payphone. Nor can you rent a car without a driver's licence.
    Damn. That sucks!
    What were you doing in the 'burgh? Lived there for a year and a half, and avoid going back unless absolutely necessary.

Yeah, that drivers license thing to rent a car is kind of a pain in the ass.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

11. Collapse Details

looks like a situation where the Valet needs to be sufficiently beaten about the head and body. glad you didn't get jacked, so I can understand why you werent there. now those floaty keychains we were promised by a 3rd party...thats another story.

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    That's a major bummer.

Suggestions as how to deal with them when caught.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails axt.gif   chainsaw.gif   smilylazer.gif  

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Yeah, that drivers license thing to rent a car is kind of a pain in the ass.

Huh? Are you kidding? You dont think you should have to prove you have the ability to drive a car before you rent a car? My 15 year old would also think its cool to be able to rent a car without a drivers license.

Hey Chris ... too bad Jason (rollwithit) was in Cleveland. He might have been some help to you in Pittsburgh too....

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Racegirl3 View Post
    Huh? Are you kidding? You dont think you should have to prove you have the ability to drive a car before you rent a car? My 15 year old would also think its cool to be able to rent a car without a drivers license.

Ummm... Someone must have no sense of sarcasm this morning

On another note, I had to take a biz trip about a year ago, I'm at the airport, 30 mins before the plane leaves, and I can't find my friggin' license in my wallet.
    It was time to clean out the wallet.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

15. Collapse Details

They lost 5 cars and the valet was nowhere to be found. The worst is that it was my wife's new car. I can hardly wait to get jerked by the insurance company that won't want to replace it. Plus I get to go and drop $700 on a new Blackberry this afternoon.

Plus, I'm pretty well f'ed- I can't find my SS card, and I don't have a driver's licence for ID to get a replacement. And I need the SS card to get the DL. I hope they'll take a passport because beyond that I have a utility bill.

16. Collapse Details

By the way, we'll definitely be doing something much more fun and much warmer this summer.

17. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    sorry to hear about the trouble Chris.

18. Collapse Details

They lost 5 cars and the valet was nowhere to be found. The worst is that it was my wife's new car. I can hardly wait to get jerked by the insurance company that won't want to replace it. Plus I get to go and drop $700 on a new Blackberry this afternoon.

Plus, I'm pretty well f'ed- I can't find my SS card, and I don't have a driver's licence for ID to get a replacement. And I need the SS card to get the DL. I hope they'll take a passport because beyond that I have a utility bill.
    when i lost mine, i went to the DMV, with a car and motorcycle registration and a couple bills and I was in and out in about 15 mins. I even had a tax return if they had wanted it, but they were very cool.

19. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshoredrillin View Post
    when i lost mine, i went to the DMV, with a car and motorcycle registration and a couple bills and I was in and out in about 15 mins. I even had a tax return if they had wanted it, but they were very cool.
    you should have brought the trophy and pic from the Bimini race and said . . ."hey . . . dont you know who i am?"
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

20. Collapse Details

Donzi's car got robbed and she had to go through all the same ****, they will take a passport, or any other sort of photo ID. Donzi used an old work ID from a previous employer.