1. Collapse Details
    77-year old golfer loses arm in alligator attack
    Life imitating Happy Gilmore? The price is wrong *****!

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/...tack?GT1=39002

A 77-year-old man lost his arm below the elbow on Thursday when he was attacked by an alligator while playing golf on Fripp Island in South Carolina, the Island Packet reported on its Web site.

The man, who was playing the 11th hole of the island's Ocean Creek Golf Course, leaned down to pick up his ball when a 10-foot long alligator grabbed his arm, said Kate Hines, general manager of the Fripp Island Property Owners Association, according to the report.
    The alligator then dragged the man into a nearby pond and went into a series of "death rolls," a technique it uses to tear apart its food, Hines told the paper. That was when the man lost his arm.

The man's golf buddies were able to free him from the alligator's grasp and called 911, according to the report.

Tracks worker killed the alligator and performed a necropsy on it to remove the man's arm from the animal's digestive track, Hines told the paper.

The arm was stored in a cooler in the hopes of re-attaching it. The man's condition was still unknown late Thursday night.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That sucks. Every pond down there I've seen is posted though. I pay attention......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Better get Carl Spackler on the job.......Gopher/Gator eradication program, Bushwood might have let him go......

4. Collapse Details

My best buddy is a fireman on Sanibel Island.He had to wrestle the older woman that was attacked out there a few years backby a 12 footer.She was bent over weeding her flowerbed and the gator came up behind her and bit her right at the crotch and butt. They wrestled and shot the gator but there was no hope for her everything a foot up from her crotch was gone. He said she was awake and talking but there was nothing they could do.

This is one of thoses times that really shook him up and he has been a fireman out west before this for 26 years.

I hate them. The inlaws have one in their pond behind the house. All was cool till the tileman started feeding it.I am nervous and looking when i am in the backyard. If it was my yard that thing would be eating a nicly laced steak.

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tommymonza View Post
    My best buddy is a fireman on Sanibel Island.He had to wrestle the older woman that was attacked out there a few years backby a 12 footer.She was bent over weeding her flowerbed and the gator came up behind her and bit her right at the crotch and butt. They wrestled and shot the gator but there was no hope for her everything a foot up from her crotch was gone. He said she was awake and talking but there was nothing they could do.

This is one of thoses times that really shook him up and he has been a fireman out west before this for 26 years.

I hate them. The inlaws have one in their pond behind the house. All was cool till the tileman started feeding it.I am nervous and looking when i am in the backyard. If it was my yard that thing would be eating a nicly laced steak.
    I'd trap and move it unless it was small.....

Alligators are not nearly as aggressive as crocs, but the big ones can get very dangerous when hungry, during breeding season, or when a mother has eggs or babies....

Sanibel has some really big ones in the refuge.....

6. Collapse Details

they put out an APB on the perp....he was believed to be" armed "and dangerous
    Parabellum FJ²B

7. Collapse Details

If I'm ever eaten by a gator, they will have no problem identifying him. There will be plenty of gator DNA under my finger nails. I've lived in Florida all my life, and almost anywhere there is water year round will have a gator in it. At the St John's River, not a mile from me lives some of the biggest gators I've ever seen in my life. Once I was on Lake Manatee in Sarasota in a 12 foot jon boat, and I saw a gator as big as my boat come up out of the water, and grab a bird that was sitting on a branch over the lake.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I'd trap and move it unless it was small.....

Alligators are not nearly as aggressive as crocs, but the big ones can get very dangerous when hungry, during breeding season, or when a mother has eggs or babies....

Sanibel has some really big ones in the refuge.....
    H E L L, I get dangerous during breeding season!!!!

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    H E L L, I get dangerous during breeding season!!!!
    That's what George said.....

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    That's what George said.....
    Some days your the fist and some days your the face!

11. Collapse Details

I saw a six foot dead gator in the canal behind my house. I called the Fish and Game Commision, and they said he was probably killed by a bigger gator. They said it wasn't uncommon during breeding season.

12. Collapse Details

All gators are dangerous, even if really small you have to consider mom is probably nearby. Most of FL has gators, I have seen them run across 6 lane highways in the middle of the day. The biggest mistake people and pets make is believing they are slow moving, they are not! A gator can be faster than any dog and a sizable one can split an 80 lb dog in half, not leaving much chance for humans.

If you do get away you have to be concerned about the infection you get from their saliva...it just about rots your flesh, very nasty stuff.

13. Collapse Details

Jupiter is right, gators are much faster than they look. They get up off their belly to run, and can flat haul azz. I don't think a human could outrun them. I've heard from veteran gator hunters that your best bet is to run in an "S" pattern, because gators can't turn fast.

I saw the first live gator in the canal behind my house a couple weeks ago. It was just a baby, but I know mama ain't far. I saw a show on tv last week that shows the mama gator being a taxi for the babies. They will get on her back, and hop a ride. They had footage of it.

14. Collapse Details

This got ugly quick, now imagine a 77 year old caught by surprise:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZhHHVsAnI4

This could have been a great video if the gator was hungry, plenty of victims: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlc4AK8nZ1A