Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Help out Special Olympics, win GREAT prizes.
    EVENT: CBPBA Polar Bear Plunge Event!! Help us raise money for the Special Olympics of Maryland they need are help. Last year are team rasied over 17,000 dollars so they need your help and also so do we thank you so much for helping out.

Make your donation here- http://plungemd.kintera.org/cbpba Individuals in the club can be accessed from that page or you can make a donation to the general club fund.

After you make a contribution make sure you come back on this thread and post your contribution and you will be entered in a contest to win great prizes including Serious and CBPBA apparel and a grand prize of dinner for 2 at Tony's Restaurant in New York City ( www.tonysnyc.com ) and 2 tickets to a Broadway show, graciously donated by our very own Imax (Bruce) . For every $10 donated you will receive 1 chance in the raffle. Ten apparel packages will be drawn and then the grand prize. So donate today and good luck!!

It's that time again for PLUNGAPALOOZA ……2010!!

EVENT DATE: January 30, 2010
    PLUNGE CHECK IN: Starts at 8am
    PLUNGES: 1pm or 3pm

Plungapalooza is a full day of fun for the whole family. In addition to the main event (the actual Plunge!), participants and spectators alike can enjoy the offerings inside the heated festival tent, including live music by The Reagan Years, The Kelley Bell Band and Flipside, a kids’ corner, displays, a variety of vendors and crafters, carnival games, Plunge souvenirs, and much, much more. The event also includes the Polar Bear Plunge Pageant, live MD Lottery drawings, live remotes by 98 Rock and WBAL-AM, a spirited costume contest, great food and drink for sale, and most of all the opportunity to be a part of THE event of winter!

Inside Sandy Point for 2010:
    Rams Head Ice Lodge
    Visit this fabulous ski lodge on the Bay for a full line-up of awesome entertainment for FREE; including premier 80’s cover band The Reagan Years and a yet-to-be-announced headliner. The lodge will also house the:

Rams Head Live Beer Garden:

Participants and spectators age 21 and over may purchase beer or wine. The Beer Garden will be housed in a large heated tent located on the beach. The offerings in the Beer Garden include live music, a wine tasting event, and food for sale. Beverages may not be brought into the tent, or removed from the tent. Minors are allowed to enter the tent, but cannot purchase or consume alcohol.

Carnival FunFest:
    The heated festival tent is back and better than ever, featuring fan favorites like Sandtastic’s 40-ton sand sculpture, the Astro Events Family Fun Zone with kids game, face painting and inflatable fun, great food and drinks, local and national vendors, and a variety of local entertainment acts. New features this year also include a chainsaw carving demonstration, ice sculptures, more great food options and much more.

Why Join the C.B.P.B.A. Plunge Team?

Show our community support, hang out with friends and family, and receive community service credits, feel good. Plunging and fundraising is more fun in groups! You can also get great prizes and have a great time with friends and family while supporting a good cause. It feels good to do good, especially in a group!

How Can I Join C.B.P.B.A. Plunge Team?

1. Visit www.plungemd.com , “View Full Team List,” and click C.B.P.B.A. Plunge Team then “register”.
    2. Enter your information, add a picture of yourself and upload your friends, family and colleagues email addresses.
    Last edited by Ted; 01-07-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Incorrect info
    The king of the dena

2. Collapse Details

http://plungemd.kintera.org/jimmyjernigan
    This is my page so if u want to donate to me click on this link
    The king of the dena

3. Collapse Details

http://plungemd.kintera.org/cbpba
    This is are team page so if anyone wants to donate just to are team go to this link
    The king of the dena

4. Collapse Details

Since Jimmy put this up I guess I'll start hitting you all up now for donations. My page is HERE

Please donate to this worthy cause and you'll get to see me in my polar bear ears

5. Collapse Details

Hey where can i get a set of them good looking ears or maybe u will post a pic of them they do bring out the color of your eyes ted
    The king of the dena

6. Collapse Details

I am writing to ask for your help. On January 30, 2010, I have committed to grin and “bear” it for the athletes of Special Olympics Maryland by taking a chilly dip into the Chesapeake Bay alongside about 10,000 other warm-hearted people.

I know – you’re probably getting cold just thinking about it! But the cold that I will feel is temporary…the positive impact this will have on the lives of thousands of citizens with intellectual disabilities will last a lifetime.

I have set a personal fundraising goal, and I need your help to reach it! So no, I’m not asking you to take the Plunge alongside, but instead, I am asking if you will make a donation to Special Olympics Maryland on behalf of me taking the 2009 MSP Plunge. Any amount would be appreciated – it all goes to a wonderful cause, and every little bit gets me that much closer to my goal.

If you want to learn more about this wacky winter event, visit www.plungemd.com to find out all the chilly details. Think warm thoughts for me at January 30th approaches. I will do my best to “Be the Bear” and make my supporters proud!

Thank you!!! Your Personal Page link:
    http://plungemd.kintera.org/jimmyjernigan
    The king of the dena

7. Collapse Details

Are we getting OldSchool in this year? My $100 challenge from last year still stands.

8. Collapse Details

Well old school you in there like swim wear or what
    The king of the dena

9. Collapse Details

How cold was it? I hung head first into a 67 degree pool last week for 30 seconds and thought I was going into shock....The dip was harsh but really after the first 5 seconds it was just chilly, but keep in mind I was only in it from the waist up!

My chance of being a Navy Seal goes right out the window with the cold water challenge!

10. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Are we getting OldSchool in this year? My $100 challenge from last year still stands.
    I'll be in Mexico....swimming and fishing in warm water. Maybe next year!

I will be making a donation of $100 for this great cause.

11. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    How cold was it? I hung head first into a 67 degree pool last week for 30 seconds and thought I was going into shock....The dip was harsh but really after the first 5 seconds it was just chilly, but keep in mind I was only in it from the waist up!

My chance of being a Navy Seal goes right out the window with the cold water challenge!
    The water last year was 34 degrees and slushy

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    I'll be in Mexico....swimming and fishing in warm water. Maybe next year!

I will be making a donation of $100 for this great cause.
    And I of course will match it.

13. Collapse Details

Anyone that would like to make a donation can click HERE and donate to my efforts. I will be dragging my big old butt into the slush again, and I may even be wearing my Polar Bear ears

14. Collapse Details

Old school i will be thinking of you when i take the dare to jump into the chilly bay off the shore of sandy point how about that.And thanks again old School and chris for your help.
    The king of the dena

15. Collapse Details

OK guys. I've primed the pump. Got mine in this afternoon.

When you do yours, post here. I'll randomly pick ten contributors and they'll each receive a SeriousOffshore / CBPBA prize package.
    Last edited by Ted; 01-05-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: CBPBA will send stuff too.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Anyone that would like to make a donation can click HERE and donate to my efforts. I will be dragging my big old butt into the slush again, and I may even be wearing my Polar Bear ears
    Just pledged on your page pal.
    Queen of Bammin'

17. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady Pumping View Post
    Hey where can i get a set of them good looking ears or maybe u will post a pic of them they do bring out the color of your eyes ted
    Ask and you shall receive!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plungegroup.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Got mine in this afternoon.

My $100 has been donated. I'll think of you all freezing your nuts off while I'm catching sailfish and drinkin' Coronas in Mexico!!!!

I'll post it right here and now, I will plunge next year.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    My $100 has been donated. I'll think of you all freezing your nuts off while I'm catching sailfish and drinkin' Coronas in Mexico!!!!

I'll post it right here and now, I will plunge next year.
    So that means we won't be seeing you in February?

I know....Cleveland...Mexico....Cleveland....Mexico.....I'd go to Mexico too.
    Queen of Bammin'

20. Collapse Details

I will plunge next year. OK
    The king of the dena