Thread: Dish Network

1. Collapse Details
    Dish Network
    Dish Network is currently offering 120 channels for $25/month and free HD for life (with 24 month subscription).

Does anyone here have Dish Network? How do you like it?

Besides a dish, what else to you need? Phone line? Internet connection?

Thanks!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

2. Collapse Details

And more important, can you mount it on a boat?

3. Collapse Details

I like dish, I have not gone with the HD yet, but the service is good, and one box for every 2 TV's is a plus(although I have burned up a few boxes/DVR's), I believe you can run it without a phone line for an extra fee, but you need the phone line to order PPV.

4. Collapse Details

I have been a dish hd customer for years and think its great. When you move, take your receiver boxes and go.

You don't need a land line or an internet connection. rchevelle71 is correct, there is and extra monthly charge ($5) to run it with out a land line. Not a big deal as I simlply order movies or ppv sports with my laptop... The key is to make sure the tech installs the dish properly where is gets a very strong signal. I've had poor installs in the past and this dish can get knock out of aligment with a big storm or birds... See you on the lake, Jamie.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I have been a dish hd customer for years and think its great. When you move, take your receiver boxes and go.

You don't need a land line or an internet connection. rchevelle71 is correct, there is and extra monthly charge ($5) to run it with out a land line. Not a big deal as I simlply order movies or ppv sports with my laptop... The key is to make sure the tech installs the dish properly where is gets a very strong signal. I've had poor installs in the past and this dish can get knock out of aligment with a big storm or birds... See you on the lake, Jamie.
    YUP,

one more advantage is Service. Not sure if it is still this way, but when I switched from Direct to Dish, the installer was a retired military Satelite guy, he told me the difference is that Dish installers are company employees, and Direct are contractors, doing things as fast and cheap as possible. With that said, these "Great" deals usually do not apply to current Customers, so I may switch back to Direct for their "Great Deal" when I go HD soon.

6. Collapse Details

We have it at the Lake house and the house in town also. One bill no hasles it is like one service. I think we just pay for extra box or sumthing.
    No HD yet tho and No phone lines.
    Dont need to PPV. STILL trying to complete my box set of Miami VICE

7. Collapse Details

Both are about the same. Using Direct TV because signal easier to get at my Canadian residence. Both are pretty mobile and no phone line hook up cause Direct thinks my dish/receivers are at my American place!

Id use dish just not as easy to get good signal across the border.