1. Collapse Details
    Wireless printers
    Registered
    I have been contemplating purchasing a wireless printer for several months and after trying to print a color document with the antique I curreently have decided I need something now. Any good, bad and ugly on a fairly inexpensive printer? Only thing I really need for sure is wireless and scan/copy/print.

Thanks for your input.

2. Collapse Details

I am happy with my HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless Color Inkjet Multifunction Printer

There are several brands on the market. I bought a HP printer because the HP ink is available everywhere.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    I have always had HP and had good luck with them. The one I have now definately gave me my moneys worth!!!

4. Collapse Details

I have a Brother MFC-845CW and I love it. Print and scan wireless with 802.11 and it works flawlessly. It is an all in one so it also copys and fax's. It is not a photo quality printer but it does a pretty good job. I have had it for over 2 years now and have not had a single problem with it. I also have 4 XP machines printing to it and they all work great.

It also came with a speakerphone and a wireless 5.8GHz handset for the phone line so you get another cordless phone.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...-Series-Color/

This is the new version of the one I have and it looks like they got rid of the cordless phone option.

I have heard some issues with the HP wireless working with Vista but I can't validate that info since I have never tried it.

5. Collapse Details

We also have a Brother MFC-845CW. We run 802.11G, it does WPA
    security (kinda pain to put in password phase).

Never had a problem with it interfering with the other wireless devices. We have a couple
    laptops and Roku all running wireless from a little Linksys G only router, not broadcasting a SSID.

I also have it USB connected to my wife's secure work PC. (The PC won't allow wireless or networking)

It does use more ink then I would have thought.

6. Collapse Details

HP Officejet 7400 here.

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Right now, I'd go with the c7280 as the best, cheap, 4 in 1 printer on the market with wireless built in. Uses the 02 ink, 6 colors, for cheap. Office Max reloads that cartridge so save about 30% vs HP ink, reviews from every major reviewer put it in the 80% good range.

Can get completely factory refurbished ones on Ebay for around $120. New from like Best Buy for around $170.

http://reviews.cnet.com/multifunctio...-32597796.html
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

8. Collapse Details

Lexmark X4690

i'm very pleasantly surprised how good it prints and scans, even through a multi plug router from another room..