Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
    That took some serious stones to do that 31 years ago, and in a 24' boat. TONS of respect for you Pepe!
    No shizit. How many would make the run today? Especially in a 24' with eggbeaters. Helluva run.

2. Collapse Details

What type of water were you running in? How far could you run before having to refuel?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 32storm View Post
    What type of water were you running in? How far could you run before having to refuel?
    The run was not that hard or tough / dangerous to do!
    The problem w/ a lot of racers today is that IF the water is over 4 feet, they consider it "rough water" Yes the boats today are much faster, BUT if you run 120 mph's in flat water, you should be able to run 100 in 4's and 80 in 6's

Back in the day, we did not care about the wave heights, if you did, you had no reason to race offshore!

We started the run in Miami, like I said b4, it was getting late in the summer, so I figured since the boat never ran 100%, if I made it to Palm Bch, I would save face, but the boat that day ran awesome and made it all the way.
    The problem was the water conditions, when we left Miami @ 5:45 AM, it was nice 3 to 4's, by noon it was close to 6's, of course we were not making good time, that is when we decided to try the intracoastal, we were making decent time there.

I didnt know that The ICW has places in the Carolinas that is extremely wide!
    You don't see shorelines.

Anyway it is a long story.
    The next venture will be someday in the future to cross the Atlantic from Bermuda to New York, or maybe Miami? Who Knows. All I know is that it will be in a Pantera built by ME.

Later,
    pp @ pantera boats. (NOT JO)

PS, About the range = about 200 miles, my memory fails, but I have a log book somewhere that we kept the planned stops etc. As I have said it b4, sometimes planning doesn't work, so you have to improvise on the fly and that is what we did.
    Last edited by JO - PANTERABOAT; 08-21-2009 at 11:11 AM.

4. Collapse Details

hey pepe that reminds me of the day you took me out on st.clair to show me how to run my 28 when it was new, it was easy for you , full blast i will never forget i s#%t my pants but now i know what that beast can take!!

bill

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by opa View Post
    hey pepe that reminds me of the day you took me out on st.clair to show me how to run my 28 when it was new, it was easy for you , full blast i will never forget i s#%t my pants but now i know what that beast can take!!

bill

pepe.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by opa View Post
    i will never forget i s#%t my pants
    EEEWWWWWWW