Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Yeah,,,but for that event no show from the indians ????!!
    They must have known the water was too flat for this last one. Probably some wise old Medicine Man told them.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

I'm not about to pay $7K for the week to go run for a couple hours... sorry guys, no offense intended but it's not my thing.

3. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    I'm not about to pay $7K for the week to go run for a couple hours... sorry guys, no offense intended but it's not my thing.
    Where did u get that # "7K" ?????? mmmhhhhh.
    more like 2+ K !!! as far as i know.

4. Collapse Details

Where did u get that # "7K" ?????? mmmhhhhh.
    more like 2+ K !!! as far as i know.
    $3500 to transport the boat from NJ to FL and back, + $2K, plus fuel, airfare, hotel yadda yadda yadda...

5. Collapse Details

Banned
    $3500 to transport the boat from NJ to FL and back, + $2K, plus fuel, airfare, hotel yadda yadda yadda...
    3500 to transport the boat ????????

when i pulled my boatup to NJ last year (and i have a gashoog) i paid 1400 bucks there and back ( TOTAL ) .

So u cant count that in ,because in NJ u can't run to BIMINI and back !!

Hotels,,,,,,70-100 bucks a night. 3 X = 300 . food = 300 for 5 days = 600 for hotel and food.
    Gas 200 gallons X 2.60 ?? = 500 bucks = 1100 .
    So ,,,1100 + 1400 + 2000 = 4500 !!! LIVING LARGE ,not on a budget !!

But i do get your point !!

6. Collapse Details

My buddy just paid that much one-way from Florida last week thru a licensed transporter.

I even talked to Bobby about my expenses, he said that my figures a reasonable and said $5-7K soup to nuts is what I should expect.. He even suggested it might not be worth it. I'd rather spend that on fuel back home and run every weekend, sorry bro.

When I'm wealthy enough like you guys I'll do it!

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    My buddy just paid that much one-way from Florida last week thru a licensed transporter.

I even talked to Bobby about my expenses, he said that my figures a reasonable and said $5-7K soup to nuts is what I should expect.. He even suggested it might not be worth it. I'd rather spend that on fuel back home and run every weekend, sorry bro.

HAHA,,like me ???????? your way ahead,,,u just don't think u are .LOL

8. Collapse Details

Daredevil, will you be racing in NYC this year?

Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I should be there. I may even spend the night on the boat Saturday with the wife if she's interested.

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    Daredevil, will you be racing in NYC this year?

Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I should be there. I may even spend the night on the boat Saturday with the wife if she's interested.
    NO,,,,my driver just died,,and i don't have the money. No JOKE .

If i can find a new partner then ....maybe . I will let u know if i am going.

10. Collapse Details

what is the main difference between the first 3 41's? Where are they now?
    Warpath #1
    Team Apache
    Warpath #2 (Yellow)

11. Collapse Details

NO,,,,my driver just died.
    Man, I'm really sorry to hear that, may he RIP

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chewiekw View Post
    Warpath #1
    Team Apache
    Warpath #2 (Yellow)
    I think the weight was diffrent and the transom angle on the banner boat was diffr. But i am not 100% sure. OH,,,and the color !! LOL

13. Collapse Details

Banned
    Man, I'm really sorry to hear that, may he RIP
    Thanks,,,,,but lets not trie to highjack this thread ,,,or they get mad at me and ban me ,,,like they did on OSO. LOL

14. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks,,,,,but lets not trie to highjack this thread ,,,or they get mad at me and ban me ,,,like they did on OSO. LOL
    You've been too nice.......

We need Stinson to get his dang computer working and get his butt in here to help.....

He knows a lot of the history of most of the boats......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

15. Collapse Details

Ditto Frank! As great as it would be, we don't have that type of cash to lay down for a long weekend. It would be something however.
    Queen of Bammin'

16. Collapse Details

I wasn't trying to hijack this post I just think it would be cool to plan something a year or 2 out (we have 3 year old so we have to plan ahead) during the summer months to get together. Definately wouldn't have to be a race event or even florida for that matter. More like find a place that the most people interested could get to and make a long weekend of it. My pockets aren't deep like many members (I would have repowered already if they were) but just an informal get together. I'm not looking to trailer 1500 miles but 6-800 miles could be done. People that don't want to trailer could possibly just hop in with someone that has room in their boat etc. Didn't Rhc do something like this in Sandusky a few years ago?

OK, back to the history lesson

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by chewiekw View Post
    Warpath #1
    Team Apache
    Warpath #2 (Yellow)

From what I was told the first 3 are pretty close, maybe diff layup schedules, as was said earlier all of the original 3 have exhaust over the gunwale. in the youtube video you see the blue warpath and the banner boat, it seems the banner boat runs a little more on top, might have just been the way Bobby had it trimmed, because they did spin it that clip.

Both the warpath boats are in Fla, the banner boat is in NJ.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshoredrillin View Post
    From what I was told the first 3 are pretty close, maybe diff layup schedules, as was said earlier all of the original 3 have exhaust over the gunwale. in the youtube video you see the blue warpath and the banner boat, it seems the banner boat runs a little more on top, might have just been the way Bobby had it trimmed, because they did spin it that clip.

This is correct. I road on the banner boat now called warpaint about 1.5 years ago. There are a couple special items on the banner boat such as the small circular holes on the hatches, instead of the usual larger openings. This was done due to the rough water that the boat would have to deal with in Key West. Tom Evans said that they even went so far as to create small mesh screens for the holes, but today those are not on the boat. I believe all three had Keith Eickert power and were raced with Evans, Kramer, and Saccenti as the navigator, driver, and throttle man. The banner boat was later sold to Kurt of Kurt's Marine and was raced as the Apache Bandit. It would be nice if we can make a list of all the races these three race boats competed in. Also, I still would love to know why the exhaust was moved?

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshoredrillin View Post

In reference to the trip/spin, from the other site;

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Saccenti View Post
    WHAT TABS?????

We had none!!! We discovered a electrical problem on the Team Apache Boat at the start of the race. That’s why we started 15 minutes late. We had a lot of time and water to make up… Every time I touch the trim tabs or the drives. The engines would lose power. Too much voltage needed to run all the trim motors with shorted batteries. So I set all the trims to a “happy medium general type setting” and told the crew to hold on baby!!! We are going for it..

Surprisingly we finished only of few seconds behind the first boat in spite of the spin and wound up in second place UIM world Champions 1985

Ahhh the good old days

Bobby Saccenti

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8by View Post
    This is correct. I road on the banner boat now called warpaint about 1.5 years ago. There are a couple special items on the banner boat such as the small circular holes on the hatches, instead of the usual larger openings. This was done due to the rough water that the boat would have to deal with in Key West. Tom Evans said that they even went so far as to create small mesh screens for the holes, but today those are not on the boat. I believe all three had Keith Eickert power and were raced with Evans, Kramer, and Saccenti as the navigator, driver, and throttle man. The banner boat was later sold to Kurt of Kurt's Marine and was raced as the Apache Bandit. It would be nice if we can make a list of all the races these three race boats competed in. Also, I still would love to know why the exhaust was moved?
    I think Sean addressed that, it was the transom angle. the exhaust on all 3 of these is still above the gunwale. there is a banner boat replica(not Lorne's) that has exhaust under it.