Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RLJ676 View Post
    They're great boats!

Let's see some more pics.
    Here are a couple more pics Hopefully I can get some running shots this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails powerplay2.jpg   power3.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    They made as many as of the 33's ,or close.
    Huh? Where do you get your information? There was about 6 to 8 sterndrive 28s made, max. They were made from the old Cobra hull, which was derived from the 27 Magnum and 28 Cigarette hulls.

There was never a 28 hull mold, the 33' was dammed. There was however a dedicated 28 deck mold.

Your Powerplay is an excellent boat, made well and will take a beating. By '99 all the kinks had been worked out of the hull so it'll track straight and fly right if you're trimmed properly.

As you've probably already found out, the boat responds well to trim, just a little adjustment here and there and the hull will respond quickly. Tabs are usually just used for getting on plane and leveling out the boat in a cross wind.

I miss my 33' like crazy, but there's always another boat.

3. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Huh? Where do you get your information? There was about 6 to 8 sterndrive 28s made, max. They were made from the old Cobra hull, which was derived from the 27 Magnum and 28 Cigarette hulls.

There was never a 28 hull mold, the 33' was dammed. There was however a dedicated 28 deck mold.

Your Powerplay is an excellent boat, made well and will take a beating. By '99 all the kinks had been worked out of the hull so it'll track straight and fly right if you're trimmed properly.

As you've probably already found out, the boat responds well to trim, just a little adjustment here and there and the hull will respond quickly. Tabs are usually just used for getting on plane and leveling out the boat in a cross wind.

I know ,u know alot about PP since u worked there......but i think there where alot more then 8 28's build.

And i miss my 33 as well.

4. Collapse Details

Thanks! I only had it out once so far but it seems like a great boat. The props are spinning in now so i'll see how it likes that this weekend

5. Collapse Details

was that boat in the boat trader a year or so ago in south Florida ? I remember the ad said that it was too loud for the grandkids! anyway beautiful boat and very clean .
    Parabellum FJ²B

6. Collapse Details

I bought it in South Florida from an auction but I would have loved to see that ad. The boat looks like it was never used even drives even look new

7. Collapse Details

Looks great! Congrats on the new ride!
    2nd Annual Sunsation Factory Open House. April 10th-11th. Don't miss this preseason event!

Check us out on FACEBOOK

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    I know ,u know alot about PP since u worked there......but i think there where alot more then 8 28's build.

And i miss my 33 as well.

Never worked there, but I know a lot about them. And there weren't many 28s made, maybe 12 or so in different configurations.

9. Collapse Details

Only one 28' with ob's...mine Let's see some more pics of that bad boy!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cowisl View Post
    Only one 28' with ob's...mine Let's see some more pics of that bad boy!
    They actually made two of them, yours seems to be the only one around though.

11. Collapse Details

They actually made two of them, yours seems to be the only one around though.
    really? Not what i heard? I have the whole story about our boat. pretty cool

12. Collapse Details

really? Not what i heard? I have the whole story about our boat. pretty cool
    Got it directly from Ed. And if I may quote him: "We only built two(2) 28' outboards, which were simply the sterndrive boat with a twin engine bracket bolted to the transom. One had a pair of regular 200 Merc's, the other had a pair of 2.5 Merc Hi-Performance engines. Both delivered to the local South Florida area."

And yes...your boat is pretty cool!!!

13. Collapse Details

Looks nice...good luck with the new ride.

14. Collapse Details

Got it directly from Ed. And if I may quote him: "We only built two(2) 28' outboards, which were simply the sterndrive boat with a twin engine bracket bolted to the transom. One had a pair of regular 200 Merc's, the other had a pair of 2.5 Merc Hi-Performance engines. Both delivered to the local South Florida area."

And yes...your boat is pretty cool!!!
    Thanks for the info! mine had the 2.5's. Built for a "small time" local drug dealer.

15. Collapse Details

Thanks for the info! mine had the 2.5's. Built for a "small time" local drug dealer.
    I think that is better than mine being built for an old man!

16. Collapse Details

Never worked there, but I know a lot about them. And there weren't many 28s made, maybe 12 or so in different configurations.
    That is also what I was told. I definitely don't think there are nearly as many out there as the 33. I've heard the 33's were only a little more money, so basically everyone would make the upgrade.

Only 3 or so were singles....like mine.

17. Collapse Details

from today...paint is a work in progress..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pp09.jpg   DSC_0283.jpg   DSC_0287.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

Registered
    sweet boat, I looked at a 28 w/ sb's 4 yrs ago in Miami, I should have bought it but something about the seller was fishy. Same boat as yours but it didnt have yellow, I think it was blue/silver graphics, I should have bought it, I need more of a wave crusher than my silencer.

I think a 33 SF will be my next boat

19. Collapse Details

I had the boat out yesterday in 4-5 ft seas & it's incredible. I'll post some pics when I get them from Dee. Unfortunately I lost a motor in the calm water in front of the Statue of Liberty.

20. Collapse Details

You were running great before that!!