Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by duunoit View Post
    and unbury the props. The propshafts are about 6-7" below the hull...

I agree, mine likes the motor jacked WAYYYYY Up

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Actually, pic#1(TV6boat) is the reason I went with sitdown
    Yah, it's fairly insane looking... I'm about 6'2" and carry a lot of my weight in my chest and shoulders (ahem) and with the way the boat handles right now, if I don't convert it to sitdown, it's really a matter of "when" not "if" I go swimming...

3. Collapse Details

It's funny, Jo was saying that the mirages have a ton of bow lift (in Beck427's thread on OSO), but I'm running mirage + and the boat feels like it's got a bit of bow steer and an itch to spin rather than porpise when I run it in the ocean (It did seem to porpise in the river though)...

The Bennett tabs are basically useless though, which is why I'm converting to the 260s K planes. Hopefully that helps. Also need to bleed the steering and try some different props. Plus raising the motors of course...

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Yah, it's fairly insane looking... I'm about 6'2" and carry a lot of my weight in my chest and shoulders (ahem) and with the way the boat handles right now, if I don't convert it to sitdown, it's really a matter of "when" not "if" I go swimming...
    Confucius say: maybe not- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihN6dNUP5Sc

5. Collapse Details

My boat does that going in a straight line... at 45!

6. Collapse Details

It's funny, Jo was saying that the mirages have a ton of bow lift (in Beck427's thread on OSO), but I'm running mirage + and the boat feels like it's got a bit of bow steer and an itch to spin rather than porpise when I run it in the ocean (It did seem to porpise in the river though)...

The Bennett tabs are basically useless though, which is why I'm converting to the 260s K planes. Hopefully that helps. Also need to bleed the steering and try some different props. Plus raising the motors of course...
    I tried a mirage plus on mine, and didnt like it the bow went to the sky on every little bump, but then again I run my motor extremely high. Your bowsteer may have something to do with how deep your motors are. Are those 25" motors?? Are you keeping the yamahas, or switching out?? If you switch, you may want to try 20"ers, but talk to Jo first, see what he says. I ran a 20" on my 24 for a bit, and it handled great, but it was just an old 200, and could only get the boat to 50, plus it was buried behind the transom, with twins I would think you can go up a bit beng as your motors will stick out below the vee. If you get a chance try regular mirage also, instead of the pluses, worked for me.

7. Collapse Details

Thanks Rick. Yah, the yammies have 25" mids on them. It looks like there was a 20: mid available according to the service manual, so I'm going to try to hunt those down. I'm also going to try to chase down a pair of mirages.

Honestly, this boat will basically be my "work boat" for a while. Family boating, harbor cruises and stuff like that, so there's not a huge urgency on this one until I get the race boat done. But then, it's on like donkey kong with this boat (assuming I haven't sunk it! )

8. Collapse Details

Honestly I think if I was going to switch power, I'd probably go with a single 4 stroker... Maybe a 300?

9. Collapse Details

Honestly I think if I was going to switch power, I'd probably go with a single 4 stroker... Maybe a 300?

4 Stroke

Oh, thats right your in California

Dont take my info to be gold, just what I have found with my single, twins and your setback is a whole diferent game. When I picked up my 250EFI the guys buddy that was helping him take it off the Powerplay and I were talking, he has a 24 with twin 150 mercs mounted to the transomand he claims he is only getting 52MPH When I told him I was running close to 60 with a single tired old merc 225 25" fishin motor his jaw hit the floor, so I had to show him the youtube video Hoping to Break 60 tomorrow with the 250 I'll bring the Camera

10. Collapse Details

Good luck Rick!

I love the two strokes, but if I'm going to use the boat as a fast Duffy, with the family and whatnot, the 4 stroker would be better. Last time I had the boat at Pelican Island, I smoked everyone off the deck (of the bar) on start up!

It was damn funny... People coming outside for a smoke and getting chased inside by smoke!

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tomcei View Post
    now that is some funny stuff right there
    Tom you beat me to it !!! I almost lost my coke when I read that..

Now that I think about it I'm not real sure thats the best choice of words on my part..

12. Collapse Details

Ladies and gentlemen... Mr. Conway Twitty!

13. Collapse Details

Conway is one of my favorites!

14. Collapse Details

Though you guys might like that.. Lol. Funny thing is we have an insurance inspector that comes by that looks like his twin brother !! I will try to sneak a shot sometime..

15. Collapse Details

Very funny... I was watching something on TV recently and it had a random Twitty in it...

16. Collapse Details

Very funny... I was watching something on TV recently and it had a random Twitty in it...
    was that south park ? it was animated then cut to conway twitty (she stopped loving me today)
    Parabellum FJ²B

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    was that south park ? it was animated then cut to conway twitty (she stopped loving me today)
    George Jones sings "she stopped loving me today"

18. Collapse Details

If I was going to venture a guess, I'd say family guy.

19. Collapse Details

Tom might be on it here, Twitty and Jones are equally haggered looking and both have rather similar man-buffont hair-dos...

20. Collapse Details

So are you saying that they were both okie's from misckogie ?