Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Speed View Post
    If golddigger was not on his floorpan and siezed for other reasons, then what, if anything, is happeneing with Fastboats?
    Sounds like they are changing location and adjusting to current economic conditions
    Same thing most companies are doing

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    You guys are kidding, right? Just curious, but when someone allegedly sells the occasional boat out of the country and allegedly accidentally forgets to pay off the floorplan, is that due to the economy?
    I would not have though so, but then again I'm not really that bright:bigear:

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rockstrmkr View Post
    You guys are kidding, right? Just curious, but when someone allegedly sells the occasional boat out of the country and allegedly accidentally forgets to pay off the floorplan, is that due to the economy?
    I would not have though so, but then again I'm not really that bright:bigear:
    what is that all about ?

4. Collapse Details

rockstrmkr since you seem to know more than us why don't you just fill in the blanks.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cowisl View Post
    +3
    +4 Maybe a trend? That chicken roosting sh!t.....

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgchuby01 View Post
    rockstrmkr since you seem to know more than us why don't you just fill in the blanks.
    All due respect, but, No. I have no place in this. It's just a shame because so many people on this and the other site know what I'm implying, and are staying quiet.
    And the shame is that unless it is discussed openly, other people become affected by it sooner or later. Lots of people use this and the other site to learn and gather information before choosing what boat to buy, and more importantly, whom to buy it from.....

7. Collapse Details

well unless you were personally involved with a said boat that left the USA you are going on rumors and nothing more. IF you did not want to bring up actual details then you should have not made the comment to begin with. Unfortunatly alot of people have become keyboard commandos with the internet without really knowing the facts and just push foward a rumor to make it grow.

8. Collapse Details

So were most or all of the new boats for sale repossessed in the last week or has this been going on for a while? Seems like I heard about some Donzi's being taken from them more than a month ago. Does anyone know who is going to handle the liquidation? They have some boats on their site that I would be interested in but I also know that they are advertising boats online that they haven't had in stock for quite some time.

I tried to call fastboats to get the scoop but they are not answering their phones.

9. Collapse Details

You can email Randy at Randy@Fastboats.com and he will reply to you. I spoke twice with him yesterday.

10. Collapse Details

tks

11. Collapse Details

Bgchuby:

Your defense of Fastboats in the absence of stated / published facts is admirable, and historically understandable. On the other hand, you offer this defense without complete knowledge either.

It is fairly common knowledge that this particular business has had boats repo'd and that some customers have experienced issues. There are a number of threads on the other site discussing these issues. I imagine if you investigate a little deeper, you will find the specific circumstances to which Rockstrmkr refers. I agree with Rockstrmkr not divulging details of the specific transaction he refers to. It really is up to the individual involved to share the gory details. I believe you were afforded the same courtesy.

Re-reading Rockstrmkr's comments, I see his frustration with questionable business practices (at any business, not just the one mentioned here) being allowed to perpetuate while unknowing customers risk losing substantial money.

I wish Fastboats success in working through this difficult period of time.

T

12. Collapse Details

Tom I agree with you and what you are saying, Yes even though I personally like Randy and have done numerous deals with him, no one is perfect and if there are deals out there that I am not aware of then people will see that. Even though there is one site out there that has me banned I still read it daily and have not seen anything on there except about the one scarab that is in Jersey that I was the one that delivered it from Randy to the customer in question. Boats being repo'd out of fastboats back to the banks and or floorplan lenders and boats going out of the country are two different things, and tell me if I am wrong but I have not seen a thread on any offshore related website discussing Randy selling a boat out of the country and not paying the bank. I knew back at the Jacksonville Poker run that the owner of goldigger was giving it back to the bank since it was not selling. Randy was just trying to get the years worth of storage that the boat had accumulated and the bank would not pay so the bank had the marshalls come and get the boat. I am sure that you as a dealer would also want the storage money due if a boat had sat at your place for one year. Now when someone last week sees the boat at National with yellow tape around it with everyone knowing that the boat was at Randy's people seem to make judgements that it was taken away from fastboats not the owner of the boat. Tom I wish you the best and hope you sell lots of those apache's that you are restoring, maybe someday I will be back in florida and stop by. Did you ever finish Mike's boat that I brought to you?

13. Collapse Details

Tom I agree with you and what you are saying, Yes even though I personally like Randy and have done numerous deals with him, no one is perfect and if there are deals out there that I am not aware of then people will see that. Even though there is one site out there that has me banned I still read it daily and have not seen anything on there except about the one scarab that is in Jersey that I was the one that delivered it from Randy to the customer in question. Boats being repo'd out of fastboats back to the banks and or floorplan lenders and boats going out of the country are two different things, and tell me if I am wrong but I have not seen a thread on any offshore related website discussing Randy selling a boat out of the country and not paying the bank. I knew back at the Jacksonville Poker run that the owner of goldigger was giving it back to the bank since it was not selling. Randy was just trying to get the years worth of storage that the boat had accumulated and the bank would not pay so the bank had the marshalls come and get the boat. I am sure that you as a dealer would also want the storage money due if a boat had sat at your place for one year. Now when someone last week sees the boat at National with yellow tape around it with everyone knowing that the boat was at Randy's people seem to make judgements that it was taken away from fastboats not the owner of the boat. Tom I wish you the best and hope you sell lots of those apache's that you are restoring, maybe someday I will be back in florida and stop by. Did you ever finish Mike's boat that I brought to you?

I saw the boat at National along with a 50 NT cat in all white and saw the lot thinned out the same day. The title of the thread is: Fastboats done??? as in question marks, not sure what is going on. On the first page I said the situation sucks but it is certainly understandable in this economic climate.

14. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor RACESDAD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jupitersunsation View Post
    obama didn't do this, keep in mind he inherited a snowball that had already started down the mountain.....i'm not an obama supporter, didn't vote for him and am very suspicious of his "changes" but he can't be blamed for all the problems since many started way before he started in january.
    as he keeps giving away our money to people who dont deserve it. You are right, thanks clinton

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NO MERCY View Post
    Dennis, Thats your 40 in the pic right?

-Aaron
    Good eye Aaron. I see Jayboat came through with his usual beautiful edition.

16. Collapse Details

Dennis how are you. hope the family is well

17. Collapse Details

Hi Jeff. Still collecting pieces for the Apache. Just like all the other mid-stream Apache projects, it costs time and money.

I'm surprised that the bank did not pay the storage due. Florida's marine and mechanic lien laws are very clear that a properly executed and filed storage lien supersedes a bank's lien on the boat. Typically, the bank pays the storage and collects the boat.

Best wishes to you and everyone else in the industry working through this difficult period of time.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HellFire View Post
    Good eye Aaron. I see Jayboat came through with his usual beautiful edition.
    I think I am going to put a 46 orange Skater as MY avitar.

19. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Hustler View Post
    I think I am going to put a 46 orange Skater as MY avitar.

(apologies for the hijack, I can't help myself.)

20. Collapse Details

Dennis how are you. hope the family is well
    Hey Jeff !

Life is good.

How is everything with you?