Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    My guess is it will if it truly has a 1000HP smallblock. I've seen them up there in the 24's with that hp in a big block.
    If it is really a 1000hp small block, how many hrs is it good for between overhauls??
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidmnc View Post
    If it is really a 1000hp small block, how many hrs is it good for between overhauls??
    Depends on the bleed-off you run at with the turbos. If you are pushing it, 250 probably best? If you run it most of the time so it's a 500 to 600 hp engine, double that I would think....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom1 View Post
    Here is a 1986 22' Regal Velocity for sale - the seller claims that it will do 105 mph.

http://www.boatline.com/boatdetail3868.htm
    I never knew tripple digits had a brother... 1000 hp from a 350??
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    I never knew tripple digits had a brother... 1000 hp from a 350??
    If it's done right, I'd be a little afraid of the RPM he would be pulling to get that.

NASCAR small blocks run real close to that with no boost and a restrictor plate.....

5. Collapse Details

We have 225 horse merc on the back of ours...i wouldnt want a 300 Evinrude hanging off the back. I think it would be too tail heavy. Test both and then go from there.

Chris

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    If it's done right, I'd be a little afraid of the RPM he would be pulling to get that.

NASCAR small blocks run real close to that with no boost and a restrictor plate.....
    the boats 20k, what does it cost to build a 1000hp sbc RIGHT?? my guess is is he tried to build something for going to the river and keeping it running is killing him. how long does it live with that much boost?? what about the drive?? it does look cool though.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

7. Collapse Details

the boats 20k, what does it cost to build a 1000hp sbc RIGHT?? my guess is is he tried to build something for going to the river and keeping it running is killing him. how long does it live with that much boost?? what about the drive?? it does look cool though.
    Clamp it on it you want want to worry about it.

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    If the motor's done right, lowering the boost to around 10/12, you should still have a 90+ mph boat that will live as long as any 700HP big block. And you should be getting around 600HP at around 6000 RPM, I think. Depends on one thing. Is it stroked out to it's max for that initial block. And what it was.

Some of the 454 inch small blocks are getting around 700 hp with Natural Aspiration/single carb in the low 6000 RPM ranges.

We need our engine TechExperts on here to see what the best they've done with a small block is....

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Jaxrunner, i live here in atlantic beach. I have a scout with a 250 merc on it. Ive pushed 65 to 68 on it in a small st johns chop at about 5000 rpm. It doesnt like the flat intercoastal water as much. Ive also been out in the ocean these last few weekends with it and love it even more out their. You get beat up and feel it the next day but its a blast. The boat loves waves. If your interested in a ride, send me a message.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ItsPeanut View Post
    Jaxrunner, i live here in atlantic beach. I have a scout with a 250 merc on it. Ive pushed 65 to 68 on it in a small st johns chop at about 5000 rpm. It doesnt like the flat intercoastal water as much. Ive also been out in the ocean these last few weekends with it and love it even more out their. You get beat up and feel it the next day but its a blast. The boat loves waves. If your interested in a ride, send me a message.
    I might have to take up you on that. I seem to be leaning more to the apache but the seller will not move on the price. I think I met you a while back w/ the power boat club. I have not been going to the meeting for a while now but i am going to try to start going again next month.

11. Collapse Details

My cousin had a "Regal" 22 Velocity with a stage 3 Evolution Marine V8 Johnson. The boat would run well into the 90's!! Never seemed tail heavy and handled the Ches. Bay very well for its size!! You have to run the V's flat and fast for the best ride!!

Can't add anything on the Apache!! But while we are on the Apache/Velocity topic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ-sgjuMJcg

12. Collapse Details

Honestly, I got a 21" Apache. I love the boat and the way it rides. I dont think could go wrong with either! They are both sharp boats.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Milwaukee 7-27-2008 020.jpg   Milwaukee 7-27-2008 023.jpg   Milwaukee 7-27-2008 019.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by J-Bonz View Post
    Honestly, I got a 21" Apache. I love the boat and the way it rides. I dont think could go wrong with either! They are both sharp boats.
    I agree!