Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Picture of The Prop Stop on the Tickfaw River
    Also go to www.thepropstop.com
    Can only get to it by boat. Fantastic hamburgers. Great little bar and party/contest/dance floor out back. Click on the pic to enlarge it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prop Stop aerial view.jpg  
    Last edited by CAPM KURT; 07-18-2009 at 11:29 AM.

2. Collapse Details

Remote control airplane video. You've never seen a plane do this!!

Watch it to the end, it gets even better. I know this is not boat related but hey, give me a break.... if it's got wheels or propellers, I like it.
    Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfN3_8RgtfU

3. Collapse Details

going out tomorrow 7-25 somewhere on the river. if anyone else goes give us a call.

4. Collapse Details

Won't make it this weekend, me and Angelle gettin ready to head East Sunday morning for a few days to Panama City. Not long enough to pull the boat though, just gettin away.

Crab Island
    We're trying to figure out how to get out to Crab Island in Destin on Sunday without a boat, and walk around like at the Lake Bash in Baton Rouge. Jet ski's too expensive for a half day or so. Angelle's a pretty good swimmer though...haha. Best I remember it's just a hundred yards out or so from the main bridge there, I remember seeing all the boats tied up just a little ways out. Yall have fun.

5. Collapse Details
    Crab Island, Destin Florida BOAT SHUTTLE information
    I just found a shuttle boat that runs from the mainland at Crab Island Trading Company out to Crab Island. It's $10 per person for a "seat" on the boat that stays out there, so you have a boat to return to anytime. Starts at noon. Monday thru Friday only at this time. The boat stays out there and he shuttles back and forth every hour up to 430pm when the last shuttle back is. The guys mobile phone that runs it is 850-699-2468. Were gonna give it a try while on vacation over there. Sounds like something good to do for a day, a raft up is always good, especially if you didn't pull your boat over there like some of us, hint, hint.

6. Collapse Details

We're heading out in the Nauti Girl on Sunday, 130ish. I believe the Ney gang is going in theirs. We'll put in at the 171 launch. Make the usual run, east and west forks, Rabbit Island. Anybody else going?

7. Collapse Details

Sandy beach at the highlines up the East Fork way past Ward 8 Park

There's about a 100-150ft beach on the right side of the east fork just past some big highlines roughly 5-10 miles past Ward 8 park. Found this place about 25 years ago when all we had was our aluminum boat. Put many a mile on er back then.

I went just before Rita, and it hadn't changed a whole lot, but haven't been since the storm. The river is still wide at that point, actually opens up around that area pretty wide. Decent but small beach like Rabbit Island. Used to be a nice place to run to and stop and BBQ. Clean water. Not a lot of traffic.

Anybody been there lately or know what condition it's in?

8. Collapse Details

Can you get a big boat up that far??

9. Collapse Details

Yeah, the river is still big at this point, that's what's nice about it - it's about the size of the West Fork. It's a little less wide as your traveling up the river before you get to the highlines, then opens back up a little. The sand on the "beach" is about 10ft wide like Rabbit Island, but it's sandy under the water and you can walk out a little, not much past the back end of the boats-get's deeper quicker. But it's something different, nice water. I don't know how far past this you would have to go to see it get really small, I haven't been much further up than the highlines/beach.

10. Collapse Details

OK, next Saturday is Tommy Coyne's party on the west fork. Don't forget! Last bash of the summer for Lake Charles. Hope all can make it. I wonder if the "Mamogram Man" will be there??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails free mamogram.jpg  

11. Collapse Details

Tommy Coyne's party on the west fork starts at 600 pm Saturday, not noonish. It's not a BYOB party, it's a FFB party(Free Food and Beer) haha. See everybody there.

12. Collapse Details
    East Fork run to the sand bar past White Oak Park this Saturday before Tommy Coyne's party.
    How about making a cruise up the east fork before Tommy's party? I'd like to run up to the sand bar on the right bank, near some highlines about a 20 minute ride past White Oak Park.

I'd be something nice and different to do between noon and 6pm when Tommy's party starts. We could all meet at noon from the sand bar on the east fork near the 171 launch north of the 171 bridge, and leave from there.

Haven't been there since before Rita, but hey, if it "ain't there", we'll just tie up together and float in the river for a couple hours then head back. If the beach on the bank is in OK shape, we'll pull up and eat, drink and be merry. Would be a nice ride.

Any takers? I'll text some of you also.

13. Collapse Details

sounds like fun, we will be there. give me a call later today.

14. Collapse Details

I am down for it. I will probably be putting my boat in the water for the day tomorrow.

15. Collapse Details

Kirk, I'm ready, but let's see who wants to go. If you happen to talk to others let me know. I texted everybody last night cause I knew some wouldn't see it on the site. Hopefully, several of the gang will go. Something different than Rabbit Island again. We'll talk tonight before anything definite, but we will go if others do. Anybody need a ride, let us know.

Hey, if anybody's going, post it here.
    Last edited by CAPM KURT; 08-21-2009 at 06:04 PM.

16. Collapse Details

Looks like everybody wants to go out Sunday, so Sunday it is. Weather should be beautiful.

Some plan on BBQin at the backside of the salt water barrier dam. If everybody wants, we could cruise up the east fork to "white sands" as I call it like we talked about below. It's a pretty good cruise so starting out late ain't an option if you want to stay there for 2-3 hours and have time to get back if anybody breaks down. I would guess cruisin at 30 or so, it's no more than 25-30 miles(about 1 hour) from the beginning of the east fork. It's around Hecker, about half way to Indian Village. River is still quite big at that point. We'll discuss Saturday with the others.

17. Collapse Details

I would prefer to go to the sandbar right past the 171 bridge than go to the otherside of the dam. one word! alligators! Cooking brings them & is not relaxing! Rather cram into small sandbar!

18. Collapse Details

Power Quest
    Call me- 304-7431

19. Collapse Details

I'd still like to get everybody to run to the sand bar up past white oak park to do something different-and while it's still warm enough to run very far. It's about as far past white oak as it is from here to white oak. Nice run though - 1 hour from here. I'll have to text everybody to see.

20. Collapse Details

Here's a pic of "White Sands" as I call it - up the east fork way past White Oak park near some highlines. This was takin around 2004 or 2005(pre-Rita). But it hasn't changed a whole lot in 30 years. Clic on the pic to make it larger.

Notice the four hot chicks I was with(my wife and our three daughters) haha. And my sweet 1993 20ft Sea Ray. Ran 51 mph with a V6 and great on gas! And she never left me!

Well talk later and see who all wants to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Copy of White Sands - East Fork 2003.jpg  
    Last edited by CAPM KURT; 08-22-2009 at 06:50 PM.