Thread: Fastest 28

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Oh I am so glad Tex isn't aroud here.

2. Collapse Details

we.. if we don't convert to a laydown boat... funday is going to have problems. His 7'6" frame is going to act like a giant airbrake....
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

3. Collapse Details

97.3 back in the day with NA's when Charlie had it. Now its mid 80's with blown 510's

The boat might be for sale if anyone is interested. The wife and I are trying to buy a new house.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by badmedicine View Post
    97.3 back in the day with NA's when Charlie had it. Now its mid 80's with blown 510's

The boat might be for sale if anyone is interested. The wife and I are trying to buy a new house.
    what have you done to it since buying it from the guy in AZ?

5. Collapse Details

link to article

6. Collapse Details

Its still the exact set up as when I bought it from Dave. Im the third owner. If your interested in it, PM me your email address and ill send some current pictures. Its a really sweet machine.

7. Collapse Details

Here are some current pics. The boat is in great shape. Twin blown 510s at 750hp per side. (I know I saw on one of the other threads that someone said they saw it at barrett jackson for sale and it looked tired. This boats never been through barrett. It was sold from Charlie, to his buddy from high school dave, to me.)

Last edited by badmedicine; 06-22-2009 at 05:48 PM.

8. Collapse Details

9. Collapse Details

How much?

10. Collapse Details

Here are some current pics. The boat is in great shape. Twin blown 510s at 750hp per side. (I know I saw on one of the other threads that someone said they saw it at barrett jackson for sale and it looked tired. This boats never been through barrett. It was sold from Charlie, to his buddy from high school dave, to me.)

I was the one who posted that. I did see the boat for about 2 hrs while in Phoenix for Barrett Jackson, not at the actual Barrett Jackson.

Boat was a little tired as I remember it but thats just an opinion- for the right $$ a great buy for someone.

If you say it is in great condition then maybe it is. I would just suggest that an interested buyer see the boat in person and make up their own mind.
    Last edited by ar15meister; 06-30-2009 at 03:36 PM.

11. Collapse Details

No worries. We are having so much fun with it I don't think Ill be able to part with it. It will be a last resort if I end up having to put it up for sale. We are looking forward to the poker runs. Maybe we will see some of you out there, it would be great to see a few apaches running together.

12. Collapse Details

No worries. We are having so much fun with it I don't think Ill be able to part with it. It will be a last resort if I end up having to put it up for sale. We are looking forward to the poker runs. Maybe we will see some of you out there, it would be great to see a few apaches running together.
    Glad to hear this. I have a 1988 that I am doing new power (and now a new tank) in. In is a nice boat, but was ready for that 20 year refurb.

Gives me encouragement to know that you have no intention of selling. My goal was to get it back in great condition and then hit some poker runs myself. This season will be very short, assuming that I have one... but I figure, short term pain, long term gain.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

13. Collapse Details

Not sure about fastest but there is a 28 on Grand that would blow by my Baja pretty good and I was running 68. No pics maybe General Lee has some.
    Now when I get the Cig running we will see!!!

Q

14. Collapse Details

Banned

Last time I saw your boat,it was at Bobby S's shop. The motors were just being installed...I will look to see if I have any of those pics.There was also a 36' there (maybe Freedom?)
    Very nice boat..I poked around on it when I was there with Bobby

15. Collapse Details

cool. I'd love to see those pics if you still have them. thanks!

16. Collapse Details

well it breaks my heart but I had to post her up on ebay. Ive got several toys for sale so hopefully one of the others will go first and I can keep her. Reserve is almost shamefully low

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160360289043

17. Collapse Details

well it breaks my heart but I had to post her up on ebay. Ive got several toys for sale so hopefully one of the others will go first and I can keep her. Reserve is almost shamefully low

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160360289043
    If it breaks your heart to sell it... raise the reserve.

You can also list it here in our classifieds. I think that we are still doing coupons.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    NOT the fastest - but pretty good for the a naturally aspirated rig its size. with this much stuff in it. On a cool Morning in Elsinore we go it up to 90 might have something left. It has & needs tab input starting at about 75+then stays fairly calm.

Ilmor 7-10 all aluminum 505CI v10
    6100RPM (redline is 6300)
    labbed 28
    1.5 R Xr sportmaster w/Imco lower & teague platinum upgrade
    Mercury ITS steering system

The teague 800 versions of my rig see mid -upper 90's but arent closed cooled use a blower etc.

Uncle Dave
    Wow.
    That looks like a Brave, but also not so much. What year? Are those notches? The fairing looks very different from most, is it custom?

19. Collapse Details

One of the coolest 28s I have seen.
    Thanks for sharing.

20. Collapse Details

I feel like a total douchebag- I should have never posted anything in this forum.

NO disrespect meant at all.

I was simply hitting "new posts" to see what was new, and saw the thread "fastest 28" and chimed in with my ride not aware of the area- stupid.

I didnt realize I was in an apache forum - My bad totally guys unwanted info removed.

Uncle Dave
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 09-04-2009 at 04:23 PM.