Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    TRUE !

Try some partnership deals ,where two or more teams own a boat and trade off driving crews. Since it's a budget circuit you are after ,and the owners cant touch the boat anyway ( other than the maintenance you described )they wont be arguing who's idea is best and could work out .

I agree in advance this would not work with a conventional team due too ego ( who's smartest ,who put in most $$$who is most experienced . )

It worked in the lease program tho .Guys showed up at their race took a boat and raced and left ,next race someone else may have been it .Youre program should be better since at the end any member selling off, gets some of his investment back .And for the little guys , they want that .And you did say the BOAT was the qualifier ?

The Big boys knew they lost their $$$ the day they ordered their hull ,big difference in thinking .
    The thinking is...by have a ownership...the boat mantains the points...so if some racers cannot make a race but the owner has 2 other guys that can race that weekend they can...as long as they are members and are in good standings with the Series....its up to the owner if you trust the other racers...and with the contingency money out there per race...it would benifit the owner to have his boat in every race....

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    Make sure you start with a reputable boat company that a finance & insurance company will cover..........
    Ryan Beckley

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    Make sure you start with a reputable boat company that a finance & insurance company will cover..........
    Thanks for the input Ryan....

Yes all 3 manufactures boats are well know in the boating community and are insurable and I already have one bank set up if fin. is needed, you will have to quilifie but they will also due sub-prime players with a downpayment..

One of the things I'm not going to have set up right away is taking in trades...my shop will be set up for sales...but I will not jump in and start taking in trades in this market without having a buy figure or a buyer for your boat....Since I don't want to take race boats out of other Series...I will look more for pleasure boats to trade who's owneers want to get into the Series..I want to put my time in my current race team and the Series vice being in boat sales