Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Scotty, you are sick!!!
    The motor looks great!
    I'm starting to see where you are pulling all the colors together.
    I wasn't questioning it, but I'm no Martha Stewart, but now seeing what you're doing, it's very tasteful, and it's timeless splashes of color. Very classy, and nothing that will date itself or is a fad.
    That boat is going to look incredible!!
    I commend you on your work.
    If you need a week to getaway and vaca, I have a spare room here in AZ - bring your tools, I'll buy the beer
    Thanks bro !! Yeah I started overthinking as I often do & questioning color combo choices that I made over a year ago & I had to nip that in the bud real quick in the past few weeks.. I'm ready to see the big picture..

2. Collapse Details

No, don't second guess yourself.
    I see right where you are going with the colors and splashes.
    Tasteful, not over the top, and not in your face.
    It'll look great, and I recall seeing something similar on another 28 Saber about 10-12 years ago - Boats name was "Buzzin' Bye" - ran out of MI or Northern OH.
    I think the owners name was DanB. (something).
    You're on the right track my friend, and I can only imagine what that looks like in person just from the photos.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    No, don't second guess yourself.
    I see right where you are going with the colors and splashes.
    Tasteful, not over the top, and not in your face.
    It'll look great, and I recall seeing something similar on another 28 Saber about 10-12 years ago - Boats name was "Buzzin' Bye" - ran out of MI or Northern OH.
    I think the owners name was DanB. (something).
    You're on the right track my friend, and I can only imagine what that looks like in person just from the photos.
    I agree & I'm definatly heading in the direction originally intended.. I hope I give it a bit of its glory days history back !!

If I'm not mistaken thats one of Jerry's old 28's & had twin carbed 500's in it.. Actually seen a very distant shot of either it or the other of the three yellow 28 twins in extreme mag a year or 2 ago.. If I'm not mistaken one had a black hockey stripe(the twin 330) & the twin 500 boat had a deep purple stripe that looked black at a distance or in a pic..
    Last edited by LittleDcsRodShop; 09-08-2009 at 02:45 AM.

4. Collapse Details

I must have missed the "hey its labor day" memo in the garage b/c its just after 3:00am & I'm just now about to take a shower after an evening of the art & science of proper component getting ready, proper fastner rounding up then cleaning , intalling & then tourqing, tool cleaning up & all the other stuff that always takes longer than it should no matter how many times you've done it in the past...

More pics to follow in a day orso.. As I have actually been trying to snap a few in progress for the reccord..

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    the twin 500 boat had a deep purple stripe that looked black at a distance or in a pic..
    A Deep Purple stripe huh?! Why do I hear a Hammond B6 organ blasting out "Hush" when I read that...

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

6. Collapse Details

about to go throw another part'at'er..

On a side note If this thing doesn't break 60 on gps its getting a tripple stack of the big shot !!
    One for me... one for the boat! Now I see why you're so damn crazy!

Don't try this at home kids! Scotty is a professional!

All kidding aside, everything looks awesome (as expected)!

7. Collapse Details

Yeah I've been know to have a few popoff valves go off back in the day.. You think that could have affected my brain activity ?

You just thought those brown stains on the bottles were from sitting around the garage unused.. "Woops was that torch to close to that bottle ?? Man its getting kinda late & there's allot of people gonna be standing along side of the road like idiots.. I really hope the cops are somewhere asleep by now !!"

8. Collapse Details

Yeah I've been know to have a few popoff valves go off back in the day.. You think that could have affected my brain activity ?

You just thought those brown stains on the bottles were from sitting around the garage unused.. "Woops was that torch to close to that bottle ?? Man its getting kinda late & there's allot of people gonna be standing along side of the road like idiots.. I really hope the cops are somewhere asleep by now !!"
    I got dizzy just reading this post!

9. Collapse Details

Not that I'm endorsing or recomending it but for those that havn't done their share of good ole high stakes street racing in the late night hours please disreguard the last few post b/c they may not make much sence.. lol...

Just got in from a meeting & now I'm about to go out in the garage & do some work.. I will do my best to post atleast a somewhat decent shot of some of the progress over the weekend ..
    Last edited by LittleDcsRodShop; 09-09-2009 at 12:50 AM.

10. Collapse Details

Here is a quick pic from yesterday of what looks like not much but actually I got a good bit done over the weekend & however not so much this evening..

So far I got on the harmonic balancer, front motor mount, fuel pump block off plate, several oil plugs , flywheel, coupler, bellhousing , starter , water crossover, not to mention allot of parts & fastner cleaning.. I'm now working on the pain in the butt pulley situation (mainly the raw water pump & the powersteering) I am having to make the brackets for both of those due to a motor mount clearance issue & the fact that the p/s pump has to be mounted on the starboard side due to the blower.. It also has to nestle between the sea pump & the intercooler..

Like I said the pic is not much ..Also pay no attention to the bolts screwed in the starboard head.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 511 g.jpg  

11. Collapse Details

Not that I'm endorsing or recomending it but for those that havn't done their share of good ole high stakes street racing in the late night hours please disreguard the last few post b/c they may not make much sence.. lol...

Just got in from a meeting & now I'm about to go out in the garage & do some work.. I will do my best to post atleast a somewhat decent shot of some of the progress over the weekend ..

I do remember piloting an eclipse awd with 17+ boost at firehouse during the socal fast &furious days
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

12. Collapse Details

Fast and furious? I think not... When I'm fast I'm happy!

13. Collapse Details

I am making some progress.. However I just had a couple "one step forward, two steps back " days lately.. Anyways long story short I had an issue that I hope to fully resolve in the morning reguarding a minor detail that I personally overlooked on the flywheel.. Sooo 2 days of hardcore determination & studying then a quick phone call to the expert to re affirm my findings & re learn in 10 min. what took me 2 days !!

Thanks Eddie & if you get home & theres a flywheel sitting on your back porch its not a new TN door prop...

I did manage to mock up the blower agian tonight & work on some pulley's up front along with some accesory brackets..

14. Collapse Details

Scotty - isn't it like 2 in the morning your time?>?
    I don't know how you do it.
    You must be a lot younger than my pushing 40.
    (for the record, it's 11 here - and I'm tired)
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

15. Collapse Details

Thanks guys !!

Yeah I am definatly going to feel like a new man when I see yellow.. I got it out of its hole of misery today & into the main part of the shop getting ready for a washdown before paint.. I am down here now working on the last mount for the starboard tank mount.. Just got the other one primed in & ready to go !!

Heres a quick pic. taken today from the cell phone
    And already in our team colours,
    Besides this boat is the one that hooked me on the Saber way back whne introduced in the Powerboat Mag.

But what differs a Saber from other 28´s as the got Twin BBC´s and others mostly run singles?
    I prefer twins always while at least pleasureboating.
    Has to do with my dad´s mechanical skills while boating with him as a kid...

16. Collapse Details

I didn't think there were other colors than yellow.. Lol !!

Actually the boat that tested in mags. was not mine.. I think they tested either the yeallow twin 330hp boat, or the twin 500hp boat.. When mine was a twin it had massive 605" n/a motors in it that made big power along with 2 speedy #5's hanging off the back so it would have really hooked you hard !! haha.. I know it worked for me when I seen it !! I would have Loved to had my hands on the boat as it was in its prime !!!

The majority of the 28's built had twins in them.. There are only about 4 other singles that I can think of (however that may not be completly accurate)

17. Collapse Details

The PBMag tester was the 500HP boat shown here in black and white unfortunately !
    I should have never gotten rid of this one !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PBM28pic.jpg  
    Last edited by LEOPAJM; 09-11-2009 at 08:51 AM.

18. Collapse Details

Boat is really looking good Scott !

And trust me ... you don't want to have anything to do with that boat with the big power and #5 's !

There is a reason they took it apart when Jim was done with it !!!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LEOPAJM View Post
    Boat is really looking good Scott !

And trust me ... you don't want to have anything to do with that boat with the big power and #5 's !

There is a reason they took it apart when Jim was done with it !!!
    Thanks Jerry !!

On the big power & 5's, I would have been glad to have gotten ahold of it as it was.. Would it be an unforgetable experiance every time you turned the key.. ?? Yeah I would have to say definatly !! I've had the opportunity to have my hands on the wheel of many wild rides in my day, but yeah I'm sure N.E. would have been right near the top of the list !!

20. Collapse Details

Oh yeah did I mention I just took care of my flywheel issue !!!! 2 days of then 15 min. of solving !!! Its the only way to go..

I'm back on track & ready for the next head scratcher b/c as we would say here in the south I know it aint over yet !!