Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    4ft 26 = 6'2
    seriously nice job on the hatches, how fast is that boat ?
    Parabellum FJ²B

2. Collapse Details

Very nice work.
    Eddie

3. Collapse Details

Lids are cool!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Rick i do not understand why you had to build new lids because when i was employed at Skater , we always used the cut out's of the canopy for the entrance way for the lids and did you consider a mini roll bar like Skater uses for the driver and throttle man ? Rick i would also recomend using the Skater latch because it work;s very well .

I would defiantly use a metal roll bar system under it, once that thing is cut it has no strength left and heaven and forbid you test it.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    I would defiantly use a metal roll bar system under it, once that thing is cut it has no strength left and heaven and forbid you test it.
    It was tested before I owned it when she was running triple 2.5/280's at WOT. Both driver and throttleman were ok from what I was told and the boat was flipped and dried out for another day.

But I like the idea of a roll bar more and more just in case.

6. Collapse Details
    It looks good
    Do me a favor though. The more trim around the latch the better (and the hinges if they have the removable pins). Even a big "RESCUE" with an arrow would be nice. Not that I ever want to have to see it up close, but just in case.

Nice job man

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Beautiful job now dont skimp on the latches and put a roll bar in it!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OffshoreRescue View Post
    Do me a favor though. The more trim around the latch the better (and the hinges if they have the removable pins). Even a big "RESCUE" with an arrow would be nice. Not that I ever want to have to see it up close, but just in case.

Nice job man
    Ok, I have the extra large stainless hinges with removable pins for the "just in case moment" so I'm OK there.

Edge: The lip is 1.1/8 around. Once again before starting I spoke with a few people who worked at Skater, Ocean Express and one F16 Mechanic that lives near the shop. They all felt with the speed of the boat and span of the hole 1 inch lip would be more than enough. All though I did have to cut the lip near the area the hinge bolted to the lid or it would not close properly.

Sticker: The Rescue sticker with a large orange arrow will be cut soon (courtesy of Glassdave)

Latch system: I took a couple pictures of the systems on the Wahoo fountain and a Doug Wright and know for a fact the one the machine shop made from billet is stronger and wont "pop" open like I have seen others do in big water races.

I feel comfortable with this over my head at 85mph or even 95mph, but not at 115 or above but the boat wont go that fast anyways.