Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
  1. Collapse Details

So far I've run the clodbuster a handfull of times and broke it a handfull of times... The guy at the hobby shop laughs when I come in!! Last time it broke the brushes in the motors cracked, he said; "That's usually what happens when it sits aroudn for 15 years unused."

Anyway, my daughter likes driving however she tends to get possessive over the remote control....

2. Collapse Details

BTT since some rc stuff is heat'n up!!! Cool!

3. Collapse Details
    Cat killer
    This one of my boy's Blackjack 26, the controller went out and it drilled a 47 Fountain at a fun run we did!

It was on of the worst sounds you could imagine, like sombody took a sledge hammer to side of the boat! There was fiberglass splinters, floatation foam in the water, and the rc boat was bobbing in the water tits up.

It was like somebody yelled "whore" in the middle of a wedding, the music stopped, some turned away, some dropped their head, others stared in disgust!

Luckily the Fountain was white gel, and there wasn't a mark on it that we could find, and trust me several people looked. I talked to the owner and explained what had happened, he understood and said don't worry about it since there was no damage. After they pulled the boat out of the water (I had already left) a friend of mine went over with the owner and tried to find it again but found nothing.

This winter the boys wanted to paint the boats, so i had them sand them down and we put some color on them.

We ended up sending the remains back to Horizon Hobbies (mfg) and they replaced the rc boat stating that the controller was defective.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 103_0290.jpg   103_0291.jpg   103_0381.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

a couple more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 103_0415.jpg   103_0419.jpg   103_0409.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bobkatz View Post
    This one of my boy's Blackjack 26, the controller went out and it drilled a 47 Fountain at a fun run we did!

It was on of the worst sounds you could imagine, like sombody took a sledge hammer to side of the boat! There was fiberglass splinters, floatation foam in the water, and the rc boat was bobbing in the water tits up.

It was like somebody yelled "whore" in the middle of a wedding, the music stopped, some turned away, some dropped their head, others stared in disgust!

Luckily the Fountain was white gel, and there wasn't a mark on it that we could find, and trust me several people looked. I talked to the owner and explained what had happened, he understood and said don't worry about it since there was no damage. After they pulled the boat out of the water (I had already left) a friend of mine went over with the owner and tried to find it again but found nothing.

This winter the boys wanted to paint the boats, so i had them sand them down and we put some color on them.

We ended up sending the remains back to Horizon Hobbies (mfg) and they replaced the rc boat stating that the controller was defective.
    Wow, sweat off the brow on that 1!!!!! glad noth'n happened!

6. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Noth'n quite like "all eyes on you". Glad all was fine. Horizon does a good job backing their product.

7. Collapse Details
    73" Cigarette
    Here is the 73" Cigarette carbon fiber hull that I manufacture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 73 Cigarette.jpg   73Cigarette2.jpg   73Cigarette3.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ren3 View Post
    wow, very cool!! ever checked speeds!!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ren3 View Post

sweet!!!!!

10. Collapse Details

About mid 40's here at extreme altitude. I have clients running 70 cc motors very quick at lower altitudes. Thanks. Bob N.

11. Collapse Details

I posted a few times before I realized this thread was here...Great Forum. Some of Our boats. boats like the C-54 have seen 76MPH with a inline twin gas motor, That is the model of the cigarette hull that was fitted with the skatter deck and canopy to break the speed record, In real life she fell a few MPH short, But I think is still the fastest Cigarette ever done, Our Thunderbolt has seen 85 MPH with a inline twin, that is the Corona cat, Niether of the boats pictured got those speed, but those hulls have. The cat is modeled after the Platinum hull in real life.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ot48844.jpg   Apaches.jpg   system10.jpg  

cougar1.jpg   C-54.jpg   thunderbolt 1.JPG  

Pa33254.jpg   phantom.jpg   Lightning_cat_oobounds.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

have some fun with your real boat by having a great model boat, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7MJbfdhYDQ The motor in this boat is a stock 26, probably running in the high 40's low 50's, This hull has seen mid 80's with a inline twin. She is modeled after the full size Platinum hull. they run great on today's Electric power as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f89mLUGK6LE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gf68063.jpg   7894148_orig.jpg   5303358_orig.jpg  

222293_207503772615146_7491340_n.jpg   DSCF0655.jpg   Ga77752.jpg  

plat_27.jpg   1795114_orig.jpg   bacardi thunderbolt.jpg  

Last edited by Expresscraft; 10-09-2017 at 06:56 AM.