Thread: Tv

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Randy,
    I think you are going to be suprised at how many advertiser you will see shortly. I guess time will tell, either they will or they won't.
    That is one true statement....Time Will Tell!!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    I guess one thing JC would look at in helping out race teams...would be his loyal teams that have been there for his Org....I don't speak for JC...but if JC got any compinsation from advertising...I would think he would feed some of his teams that have been there for him threw thick and thin....I don't know of to many Orgs that would not take care of there own....

I know its really about the show in the end for our sport....but I would think any Org will allways be there first for his own loyal teams....

3. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    I guess one thing JC would look at in helping out race teams...would be his loyal teams that have been there for his Org....I don't speak for JC...but if JC got any compinsation from advertising...I would think he would feed some of his teams that have been there for him threw thick and thin....I don't know of to many Orgs that would not take care of there own....

I know its really about the show in the end for our sport....but I would think any Org will allways be there first for his own loyal teams....
    Gino,
    The door is open for any team what truly wants to race no different then before. As you know we had teams from all Orgs. in numerous races this yr, and in KW. As the advertiseing money comes in SBI will try and help as many teams as possible. The Producer from CBS will be in Marathon and I think we should have more info. on the format of the shows.

4. Collapse Details

Randy,
    A couple of thoughts and possibly an answer or two.
    The programs will be a production of CBS Sports. I'm sure you know their history. Many of the successful productions we compare our lack of success to (BMX, Supercross) are handled by CBS Sports. Throw in a few Superbowls the PGA and NCAA and you have a good start to a huge list.
    Some aspects of the programs might not be up to Rich Luhrs standards (sorry I could not help myself) , but try to remember a time when they got it wrong. While we are on the subject remember it's CBS Sports, not CBS daytime or CBS reality.
    CBS Sports........Olympics, any more questions about production quality?

How the advertising revenues from this will be handled or handed out, I have no idea. I doubt that even JC has a firm handle on the logistics of it all. There is a master framework and it keeps being colored in as planned at an alarming rate. The master plan you would like to be told of is not completely written. Nothing is being held back. News is being released as soon as it is verified. Much more will be completed by and announced at the Marathon race.

As for participation, any team with a positive attitude that wants to be a part of the future of the next chapter of Offshore is invited.
    SQ

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stevequick View Post
    Randy,
    A couple of thoughts and possibly an answer or two.
    The programs will be a production of CBS Sports. I'm sure you know their history. Many of the successful productions we compare our lack of success to (BMX, Supercross) are handled by CBS Sports. Throw in a few Superbowls the PGA and NCAA and you have a good start to a huge list.
    Some aspects of the programs might not be up to Rich Luhrs standards (sorry I could not help myself) , but try to remember a time when they got it wrong. While we are on the subject remember it's CBS Sports, not CBS daytime or CBS reality.
    CBS Sports........Olympics, any more questions about production quality?

How the advertising revenues from this will be handled or handed out, I have no idea. I doubt that even JC has a firm handle on the logistics of it all. There is a master framework and it keeps being colored in as planned at an alarming rate. The master plan you would like to be told of is not completely written. Nothing is being held back. News is being released as soon as it is verified. Much more will be completed by and announced at the Marathon race.

As for participation, any team with a positive attitude that wants to be a part of the future of the next chapter of Offshore is invited.
    SQ
    Well said.....It all comes down to the racers wanting to better the deal and getting together to race a covered event!!!! Hell it can be entertaining at the least and everyone may have some fun in the process!!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Gino,
    The door is open for any team what truly wants to race no different then before. As you know we had teams from all Orgs. in numerous races this yr, and in KW. As the advertiseing money comes in SBI will try and help as many teams as possible. The Producer from CBS will be in Marathon and I think we should have more info. on the format of the shows.

Thanks Frank for the info.....

7. Collapse Details

Well I know one of the sticky points was fees.......Correct me if I am wrong but anyone who raced Key West last November is already paid for the year so that leaves a handful of teams that falls into the fee arguement!!! The other sticky point is tech.....well I don't have an answer for that...other than the banner you're racing under is the one calling the shots for that event!!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    Well I know one of the sticky points was fees.......Correct me if I am wrong but anyone who raced Key West last November is already paid for the year so that leaves a handful of teams that falls into the fee arguement!!! The other sticky point is tech.....well I don't have an answer for that...other than the banner you're racing under is the one calling the shots for that event!!!

Sean....you are correct...if you look at all the race teams that raced in Key West in 08 they are paid for 09...they just need to pay the entre fee's...also on the tech side...teams from every Org that raced in K.W. was inspected by SBI/APBA....also teams from all Orgs that raced in Sarasota also were tech by SBI/APBA.....So we may not be to far away on a couple of joint races...

9. Collapse Details

If you look at the teams that are paid for 09 in SBI/APBA...

There are:

SCU: 4
    SC 850: 3
    SC 750: 5
    TURBINES: 3
    SCL: 4
    STOCK: 4

And what around 35+ P-Class boats registered....and have raced under the SBI/APBA banner....

So if you take a race like Sarasota or Clearwater....how many more teams would make the trip that are not listed.....
    Last edited by MANITIE; 05-07-2009 at 01:41 PM.

10. Collapse Details

Well maybe we can get something going on! Randy how do you feel about some of this stuff so far???

11. Collapse Details

Now lets take it a little bit further....

In OSS these are the teams that showed up in Boloxi that are not regestered:

Team Propstop SCL
    Team Persucat SC 750
    I think 1 SCL
    and 5 SVL's...........

So if OSS wanted to do a joint race with SBI/APBA only 8 teams would have to sign up....and outside of SVL it would be bringing in 1 more boat for 3 class's...(every boat counts though)...

So the bottom line is there are 60 boats registered in SBI/APBA and we just need to have 8 more join and there could be a good joint race....

And I only brought up OSS because they travel all over the place...while OPA teams are comfortable in there back yard which is all over the Northeast...

So not counting the entre fee's because we all pay them.. just the equipment fee's and crew fee's we are about 19k away to get everyone registered. OSS would not have to pay for safety or any other inspectors...NOW I know your going to say but thats how OSS is run...and we know that...but OSS and OPA racers run in SBI/APBA with there current safety and inspectors the way it is now......now can there not be a fun raiser to raise this money...or something like that...

So instead of having Orgs change there rules and have all kinds of concessions made...this is the least resistance to bring in....

Just a thought
    Last edited by MANITIE; 05-07-2009 at 06:05 PM.

12. Collapse Details

I don't mean to interrupt this discussion. The poster for the Marathon race is up in the SBI section. Nice poster.

13. Collapse Details

Sean....you are correct...if you look at all the race teams that raced in Key West in 08 they are paid for 09...they just need to pay the entre fee's...also on the tech side...teams from every Org that raced in K.W. was inspected by SBI/APBA....also teams from all Orgs that raced in Sarasota also were tech by SBI/APBA.....So we may not be to far away on a couple of joint races...
    there was tech in KW? wow, must of missed that...

14. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ThrottleUp Props's Avatar
    I was there and I saw you!

Julie
    When you feel the need for speed...Throttle Up!

GO FAST or GO HOME!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ThrottleUp Props View Post
    I was there and I saw you!

Julie
    props were tech'd, I am just not sure we were all spinning the same rpm.

16. Collapse Details

Competitor
    If you look at the teams that are paid for 09 in SBI/APBA...

There are:

SCU: 4
    SC 850: 3
    SC 750: 5
    TURBINES: 3
    SCL: 4
    STOCK: 4

And what around 35+ P-Class boats registered....and have raced under the SBI/APBA banner....

So if you take a race like Sarasota or Clearwater....how many more teams would make the trip that are not listed.....

Gino,
    Lets not forget 3 SV Unlimited, and 2 SV Extremes.

17. Collapse Details

And like I said "the last place I belong is in a debate with you". In fairness to my gullible self I believe my commentary was about production values. My point was, these shows will be produced by one of the top production teams in the business. I don't think I suggested SBI would be mentioned in conjunction with anyone.
    In fairness to you, I did ask for it.
    I own a few bridges already. I bought a some of them from SBI believe it or not.
    This time, in spite of your prognostication to the contrary, it's not a bridge they are selling.
    SQ

18. Collapse Details

Competitor
    I keep hearing about teching, not sure what that is all about. SBI tech crew is on of the best so not sure what the issue is.
    Class rules all match, SS,SV,750/850 Cats,SCU,SCL,Turbines.

Good example there was a SCL team in KW in 07 that was *****ing about a SCL team that won. He asked the inspectors to double and triple ck him,he said he knew he was not legal. This is a boat that won 6 races in OSS that yr, and now he wants the SBI tech to catch him ?? We just thought that was strange, that the OSS tech didnt find the issue if there was one.
    In KW 07 ask Neil when he had the Bevins SCL there and how he was inspected. He asked me if he was being inspected like he was because he was an OSS team. He said he was never inspected like that ever. He was inspected as any other boat was .

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
    there was tech in KW? wow, must of missed that...
    Sean....that may be the biggest problem here...I see SCL and SC's racing in OPA and in SBI/APBA and they are teams that race in every Org....and I don't see them complaining...I see AMSOIL and Motley racing in OSS, OPA and SBI/APBA....and they are SCL's....

I don't race in spec so I can't comment about tech...but I'm looking at all the other spec boats racing in all Orgs and can't see why they would even wast there time racing in these Orgs if there is no tech.....

20. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    The production value is not in question, as CBS has done many world class events.
    the question is subject matter. Marathon will fall on the same weekend as Cumberland, what site will have the better boat count??? better question which site will have actual
    racing that can be enjoy by both the novice fan and the seasoned offshore junkie??

A intresting fact that seems to always eludes, is the Miami race first race of the season,
    X number of boats show up! then the excuses line up, its too rough , the boats arent ready, etc.

This is suppose to be a professional sport, do you think the Daytona 500 would be as popular if 10 cars only showed up because its too cold, or they were not ready.

That is one of the lamest excuses for not attending a race! yet wanting to be called a Professional.
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!