1. Collapse Details
    25 Eliminator 496 to whip 500 EFI
    I've got a customers 25 Eagle that started life with a 496 mag/bravo I. Now she's sportin a whippled 500 EFI with merlin heads, JE pistons, and Manley H beams. The drive is an XR with 2" speedy lower. We tried a 30p B1 but it was still accellerating when it hit the rev limiter at 5700rpm and 90-92mph. We tried lowering the drive and improved the slip numbers but the boat is less stable and still won't get past the 92mph mark.. I did a few other mods over the winter and we went for a quick sea trial yesterday and it's now on the limiter at about two thirds throttle. Should I jump up to a 34? Try a different style prop? Help..?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elim6.JPG   elim5.JPG   elim3.JPG  

2. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ThrottleUp Props's Avatar
    What is your gear ratio?

Julie
    When you feel the need for speed...Throttle Up!

GO FAST or GO HOME!

3. Collapse Details

4. Collapse Details
    Smile
    You're hooked up pretty well as far as slip % is concerned. If you like the handling of the B1 propeller, step up in pitch and go from there.

We have a 34 B1 for testing if you would like to try it.

Brett
    Brett Anderson / Owner BBLADES Professional Propellers
    920-295-4435 www.bblades.com

5. Collapse Details

Tried the 34 this afternoon... got a couple more mile an hour and brought the rpms down a bunch, but it won't get on plane with more then three people in the boat. It just blows out completely no matter what you do. The thirty had a fair bit of slip coming out of the hole but nothing like this. I guess I'll try a 32B1 or is there a different prop that might work?

6. Collapse Details
    Smile
    34's are unique within the Bravo family. They do have planning issues. We can fix the planning with a slight bend and cup adjustments. With Labbing included, the rpms and speed will come too.

Brett
    Brett Anderson / Owner BBLADES Professional Propellers
    920-295-4435 www.bblades.com

7. Collapse Details

Thanks Brett, if you'd just call me back I wouldn't have to try so many props! :moon: I'm gonna try a 32 this weekend and see where the rpms are, then I'll get you to work your magic.. Thanks, Alex