Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Texas plans to separate from US - NO JOKE
    WAKE UP CALL: TEXAS GOV. BACK RESOLUTION AFFIRMING SOVEREIGNTY
    Tue Apr 14 2009 08:44:54 ET

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry joined state Rep. Brandon Creighton and sponsors of House Concurrent Resolution (HCR) 50 in support of states’ rights under the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

“I believe that our federal government has become oppressive in its size, its intrusion into the lives of our citizens, and its interference with the affairs of our state,” Gov. Perry said. “That is why I am here today to express my unwavering support for efforts all across our country to reaffirm the states’ rights affirmed by the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. I believe that returning to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Constitution and its essential 10th Amendment will free our state from undue regulations, and ultimately strengthen our Union.”

Perry continued: "Millions of Texans are tired of Washington, DC trying to come down here to tell us how to run Texas."

[VIDEO]

A number of recent federal proposals are not within the scope of the federal government’s constitutionally designated powers and impede the states’ right to govern themselves. HCR 50 affirms that Texas claims sovereignty under the 10th Amendment over all powers not otherwise granted to the federal government.

It also designates that all compulsory federal legislation that requires states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties, or that requires states to pass legislation or lose federal funding, be prohibited or repealed.

Developing...

This is from Drudge Report. Obviosuly it is not the most reputable rag since it often posts rumors that are dispelled. But think about it, we could make a major dent in our issues with border security it Texas separates. they can deal with their own border problems, then we can simply keep all Mexicans and Texans south of the new border.

2. Collapse Details

I only ask the Governor of Texas one favor. . . please protect Clay, his boat, Fuji Film and an abundant supply of fuel.

3. Collapse Details

I might look into moving to Texas......

4. Collapse Details

Amen brother. The excessively expansive reading of the commerce clause of the US constitution by the Supreme Court has let to the ruin of our country.

Oh and while I'm at it, F the Mann Act too!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    All those little northeast states think the world revolves around them. Well it doesn't.

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I believe the statistics show 70% of all new jobs created in the nation last year were in Texas. Don't remember where I heard that.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

7. Collapse Details

Ive considered moving to Texas for a few years now. Ive been to the Port Aransass area a few times. People there actually seem to give a rats azz about things outside of their own little world.

I was in a little Diner in the middle of no where somewhere near Brownsville once, and watched a waitress send some rude azz snowbirds out the door.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I believe the statistics show 70% of all new jobs created in the nation last year were in Texas. Don't remember where I heard that.
    Intersting that you mention that... Doing a research paper right now analyzing the 3rd pres. debate. Of the things I have learned is that the war cry of ending tax breaks for companies sending jobs overseas is at best a gross mossrepresentation and at worst, complete political propaganda.
    1. there is no tax breakfor comoanies to work abroad.
    2. after paying overseas tax, the companies are required to make u the diffence between tax scedules to the US
    3. the US has the 2nd highest coporate tax of all developed nations, second only to japan. when state and city taxes were figured in, many areas of the US surpass Japan

now for all those jobs lost overseas.... 1 in 7 jobs lost to relocation was abroad. The other 6 jobs were lost/offset by companies consolidating and moving operations to more favorable states such as texas.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Intersting that you mention that... Doing a research paper right now analyzing the 3rd pres. debate. Of the things I have learned is that the war cry of ending tax breaks for companies sending jobs overseas is at best a gross mossrepresentation and at worst, complete political propaganda.
    1. there is no tax breakfor comoanies to work abroad.
    2. after paying overseas tax, the companies are required to make u the diffence between tax scedules to the US
    3. the US has the 2nd highest coporate tax of all developed nations, second only to japan. when state and city taxes were figured in, many areas of the US surpass Japan

now for all those jobs lost overseas.... 1 in 7 jobs lost to relocation was abroad. The other 6 jobs were lost/offset by companies consolidating and moving operations to more favorable states such as texas.
    That's why the British stock market blew away the IPO's over the last couple years vs the US stock markets.

10. Collapse Details

registered
    HA!!!

I can't wait for CatMan to see this!!!!!

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    HA!!!

I can't wait for CatMan to see this!!!!!
    Play nice boys.......

In my best Ted voice.....

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post
    Sea-Dated, that's the first thought that crossed my mind also - Jeff
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post
    whats not to like Warm weather Hot women warm weather BBQ Warm weather hot women Plenty of water to boat in..Did I mention warm weather
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BY U BOY View Post
    whats not to like Warm weather Hot women warm weather BBQ Warm weather hot women Plenty of water to boat in..Did I mention warm weather
    You had me at warm weather.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingCat View Post
    WAKE UP CALL: TEXAS GOV. BACK RESOLUTION AFFIRMING SOVEREIGNTY
    Tue Apr 14 2009 08:44:54 ET

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry joined state Rep. Brandon Creighton and sponsors of House Concurrent Resolution (HCR) 50 in support of states’ rights under the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

“I believe that our federal government has become oppressive in its size, its intrusion into the lives of our citizens, and its interference with the affairs of our state,” Gov. Perry said. “That is why I am here today to express my unwavering support for efforts all across our country to reaffirm the states’ rights affirmed by the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. I believe that returning to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Constitution and its essential 10th Amendment will free our state from undue regulations, and ultimately strengthen our Union.”

Perry continued: "Millions of Texans are tired of Washington, DC trying to come down here to tell us how to run Texas."

[VIDEO]

A number of recent federal proposals are not within the scope of the federal government’s constitutionally designated powers and impede the states’ right to govern themselves. HCR 50 affirms that Texas claims sovereignty under the 10th Amendment over all powers not otherwise granted to the federal government.

It also designates that all compulsory federal legislation that requires states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties, or that requires states to pass legislation or lose federal funding, be prohibited or repealed.

Developing...

This is from Drudge Report. Obviosuly it is not the most reputable rag since it often posts rumors that are dispelled. But think about it, we could make a major dent in our issues with border security it Texas separates. they can deal with their own border problems, then we can simply keep all Mexicans and Texans south of the new border.
    Goodhair is just grandstanding like the rest of the Rs. They're trying to jumpstart their party from the a$$whoopin they got in Nov. but the Rs just can't get their Populist groove goin.

16. Collapse Details

Two words... Term limits.

Anyone know what Nancy Pelosi did for a living before she became a politician?

17. Collapse Details

OK, I'll give you guys a hint... NOTHING! She's a life long professional politician!

It doesn't matter if the bag is red or blue, when the bag is full of sh*t its just a bag of sh*t!

18. Collapse Details

search 10th amendment cases....it has been well challanged/litigated in the past.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

19. Collapse Details

While there are many in Texas who want to become a separate country again ( see Republic of Texas ) it will NEVER happen. It's all internet BS.

On another note, today was Topless Tuesday!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

20. Collapse Details

Alright Clay. Here's the offer. If you get a photo of some Claymates on the boat with "We love Clay" written across their bare chests or nakes butts, i will walk up to my wife, lift her face towards mine and flick her in the nose.

And no photo shopping. SOS has access tot he FBI Crime and Forensics lab.

You da man!