Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOAT View Post
    I like how it looks all black but my 2nd choice would probably be a light grey or even a combination of white and black like what we did on the Black Pearl 24'.
    I also like the Black Pearl scheme a lot .... I would avoid introducing another color on the boat like a red. Since the boat is already black with white letters and decals it will look coordinated. The green might be too much since the interior is such a dominant part of the deck of the boat.

I had a buddy with a old 33 Cig all dark blue with an all red interior and it was awesome, but those were his two colors, no other trim colors mixing it up.

Or stay black and install power seat cooling like in my MKS :chillpill:.....

2. Collapse Details

There has to be some kind of water repllent fabric, that could be used instead of vinyl, which would stay cooler to the touch, regardless of color.

3. Collapse Details

Go green

4. Collapse Details

I will post pics tonight or tomorrow if possible.....

5. Collapse Details

The white will totally clash in my opinion, keep it black or go LIME!!!!
    Unstoppable f'n terror.

6. Collapse Details

I finally decided on a 'carbon fiber black looking material' lol for the exposed parts so that the boat looks uniform but the parts that touch you while you are in the boat will be silver.

Hard to explain.

I think it is going to look sick.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ar15meister View Post
    I finally decided on a 'carbon fiber black looking material' lol for the exposed parts so that the boat looks uniform but the parts that touch you while you are in the boat will be silver.

Hard to explain.

I think it is going to look sick.
    Sounds real similar to what Tomas Wallin did.
    And his turned out SICK!!

Look forward to seeing pics.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

8. Collapse Details

Airpacker convinced me that Silver is best because it isnt too hot and wont get dirty and require as much cleaning as white.

The samples the shop gave me look nice so we will see.

I have also taken off my exhaust and im repowdercoating it. I have decided to lose the mufflers for this summer and to get em off I had to heat up the exit pipes with a torch so they need to be redone as well.

then time for the 'leverage' and a weekend with the power buffer to bring back the shine that wore down after a summer of usage.

Since I store the boat inside the exterior stays pretty nice but with a black boat there is always going to be some fade on the deck after prolonged sun exposure.

I also got a custom decal thAT almost looks like airbrush to go onto my blower scoop....lets just say it is 'stripper' themed. lol. My girlfriend hates it.

9. Collapse Details

So you done "pulling your interior" over the stripper decal? We want to see some photos of the boat and the new sticker!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

10. Collapse Details

I will take pics when she is all done.....still have a few weekends left to get the thing ready, still a fair amount of work to do. I am not taking any chances on maintenence stuff (impeller, spark plugs, wires, fluids, tightening, gauges, alignment, pulling the drive to graease, polishing with Leverage, trailer stuff, etc, etc, etc.).

I still havent gotten my vette ready either. The new motor is causing all kinds of little things to pop up and we are fixing them but it is a pain in the ass....

This week I am going to try and get the 1966 Vette out and ready, 327/300hp change the oil and run it. I like things like that. Add gas and go.

This time of year is always hectic in my family at the shop. Getting 4 Vettes ready to go was bad enough. Now we have a boat and my dads 'show car' which are 1000 times worse as far as 'pain in the ass' factor.