Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    New gun restriction bill..
    This was e-mailed to me... Anyone heard of it?

Blair Holt Firearm Licensing
    & Record of Sale Act
    2-16-9

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.

This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.
    We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program.
    Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.
    To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:
    ˇIt is registered
    ˇYou are fingerprinted
    ˇYou supply a current Driver's License
    ˇYou supply your Social Security #
    ˇYou will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
    ˇEach update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.
    ˇThere is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.
    They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.
    If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family - pass this along.
    Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630 a.m. in the morning. He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action". Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA.
    This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.
    If you take my gun, only the criminal will have one to use against me. HR 45 only makes me/us less safe. After working with convicts for 26 years I know this bill, if passed, would make them happy and in less danger from their victims.
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:
    http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45
    Please.. copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA
    More On Gun Grab HR 45 Here...
    http://news.google.com/news?oe=UTF-8...nG=Search+News

2. Collapse Details

The Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act would establish a nationwide system for prohibiting unlicensed gun-ownership. If approved, the law would require gun owners to apply for five-year licenses to own firearms, and would give the U.S. Attorney General broad authority over the program. There are no co-sponsors to the bill, and there is very little chance it will be adopted.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

3. Collapse Details

Dem from Illinois, imagine that

4. Collapse Details

Well the current laws obviously are not working.. If you are a legal law abiding citizen, I see no reason why you shouldnt be allowed to own a weapon, even an assault rifle. but, with that, I see no reason why a legal law abiding person should have a problem with registering a weapon, passing a background check or even being required to have a firearms license. If I have to get a drivers license and need to register a "Smart Car", why not a firearm. I dont think the laws should be over-restrictive. Just common sense and fair. On the flip side, if you are a criminal or dont pass the prerequisites and are found in possession of a firearm, you should get locked up. There should be consequences for breaking the law. dont punish the law abiding citizens, punish the criminals. This is not a restriction or violation of peoples Second Ammendment Rights.

5. Collapse Details

You want to pass a gun law that works? Lets pass a law that sends repeat firearms offenders directly to the chair w. out trial. It would take less than a dozzen very public fryings to watch gun crimes come to a screetching hault.

When are people gonna get it through their thick fuking skulls that guns obtained by criminals are sledom purchased legally.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RollWithIt View Post
    I see no reason why a legal law abiding person should have a problem with registering a weapon, passing a background check or even being required to have a firearms license. If I have to get a drivers license and need to register a "Smart Car", why not a firearm.

How far do you want to go with it? How about fingerprinting and DNA samples? A legal law abiding citizen should have no issues with that either, right? How about GPS tracking of your vehicle at all times? I mean, if you aren't doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about. A legal law abiding citizen should have no issues with the government tracking their every move, right?

7. Collapse Details

History shows that gun registration can be the first step to an all out ban. If they do ban guns they will have a record of every legal gun to come and confiscate. Its happened before.

8. Collapse Details

Well the current laws obviously are not working.. If you are a legal law abiding citizen, I see no reason why you shouldnt be allowed to own a weapon, even an assault rifle. but, with that, I see no reason why a legal law abiding person should have a problem with registering a weapon, passing a background check or even being required to have a firearms license. If I have to get a drivers license and need to register a "Smart Car", why not a firearm. I dont think the laws should be over-restrictive. Just common sense and fair. On the flip side, if you are a criminal or dont pass the prerequisites and are found in possession of a firearm, you should get locked up. There should be consequences for breaking the law. dont punish the law abiding citizens, punish the criminals. This is not a restriction or violation of peoples Second Ammendment Rights.
    Nobody is going to be comming into my home to "inspect" my gun storage...ever. Not gonna happen.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    You want to pass a gun law that works? Lets pass a law that sends repeat firearms offenders directly to the chair w. out trial. It would take less than a dozzen very public fryings to watch gun crimes come to a screetching hault.

When are people gonna get it through their thick fuking skulls that guns obtained by criminals are sledom purchased legally.
    You left out the part where it would be broadcast on EVERY channel on EVERY TV and Radio in the country so you could not escape the execution..

That might get folks to pay attention...

10. Collapse Details

If you are a legal law abiding citizen, I see no reason why you shouldnt be allowed to own a weapon, even an assault rifle. but, with that, I see no reason why a legal law abiding person should have a problem with registering a weapon, passing a background check or even being required to have a firearms license. .
    For the same reason you aren't required to apply for a government permit to go to a particular church or express your opinions, vote or do many other things. The Constitution AFFIRMS your right to do so.

We have plenty of gun laws we pretty much ignore the enforcement of. The only people a registration law will affect is the law-abiding one's.

I've personally witnessed hundreds of individuals attempt to purchase firearms and were denied because of a negative background check. This happens tens of thousands of times every week- and it's a crime to attempt to purchase a firearm under disability. We've prosecuted not a single one of these people.
    Last edited by Chris; 04-06-2009 at 10:49 PM.

11. Collapse Details

yep...driving is a priviledge. on govt owned and maintained roads.
    gun ownership is right afforded by the constitution.
    The constitution states the right to keep and bear arms, not the right to keep and bear arms from a govt approved list.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

12. Collapse Details

I strongly support H.R. 17, we all need to make our voices heard supporting it.

Citizens' Self-Defense Act of 2009
    To protect the right to obtain firearms for security, and to use firearms in defense of self, family, or home, and to provide for the enforcement of such right.
    current 111st session of congress
    Other Bill Titles (2 more)
    Hide Other Bill Titles
    Short: Citizens' Self-Defense Act of 2009 as introduced.
    Official: To protect the right to obtain firearms for security, and to use firearms in defense of self, family, or home, and to provide for the enforcement of such right. as introduced.
    1/6/2009--Introduced.
    Citizens' Self-Defense Act of 2009 - Declares that a person not prohibited under the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act from receiving a firearm shall have the right to obtain firearms for security and to use firearms in defense of:
    (1) self or family against a reasonably perceived threat of imminent and unlawful infliction of serious bodily injury;
    (2) self or family in the course of the commission by another person of a violent felony against the person or a member of the person's family; and
    (3) the person's home in the course of the commission of a felony by another person. Authorizes persons whose rights under this Act have been violated to bring an action in U.S. district court against the United States, any state, or any person for damages, injunctive relief, and such other relief as the court deems appropriate.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Playn View Post
    Nobody is going to be comming into my home to "inspect" my gun storage...ever. Not gonna happen.
    Think again! It happened in New Orleans. It can happen in your town, too!

http://www.reason.com/news/show/32966.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2...fiscation.html
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    For the same reason you aren't required to apply for a government permit to go to a particular church or express your opinions, vote or do many other things. The Constitution AFFIRMS your right to do so.

We have plenty of gun laws we pretty much ignore the enforcement of. The only people a registration law will affect is the law-abiding one's.

I've personally witnessed hundreds of individuals attempt to purchase firearms and were denied because of a negative background check. This happens tens of thousands of times every week- and it's a crime to attempt to purchase a firearm under disability. We've prosecuted not a single one of these people.
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    yep...driving is a priviledge. on govt owned and maintained roads.
    gun ownership is right afforded by the constitution.
    The constitution states the right to keep and bear arms, not the right to keep and bear arms from a govt approved list.
    Couldn't be said any better.

15. Collapse Details

Yes.. The second amendment was written to protect citizens rights to have a firearm so that they could protect themselves from tyranny and an oppressive government. You also have to remember that the pinnacle of lethality of a firearm in those days was a flint lock rifle. Not a machine gun. Also, a well armed militia wouldve been able to provide adequate defense against a military force cause they would have the same firepower. Somebody stockpiling guns now will not be able to protect themselves against tanks if the gov. would become a over-oppressive tyrannical entity. Like Ive said numerous times before, I have no problem with legal lawabidin people owning guns. I just think there should be more responsibility, in individuals and in the laws pertaining to it. And there definately should be more accountability for the criminals. I love how everyone jumps on the (if i register my gun, they will come for it) attitude. If you truely believe that there should be blanket acceptance of the second ammendment and that everyone should be able to own one, then any 18 year old should be able to walk into a corner market and buy an assault rifle. After all, its their constitutional right.

You gotta wonder if the founding fathers would have written things differently if they could see us americans cutting each other down in the streets then hiding behind their hard work as a protection. Also, if cars existed back then, would driving be a right or still a privelage. Not to mention, you were legally allowed to own a human being when the constitution was written too..

16. Collapse Details

Also.. by requiring people to register firearms forces them to be more responsible.. If I recover a gun used in a crime, run it and find the owner isnt the person who has it at nor was it reported stolen. Im gonna wonder if the owner sold it for drugs, money, or had it stolen cause they were too careless to lock it up properly and too lazy to keep tabs on it. By restricting the purchase of certain guns, impacts the use of straw purchases. This is where a person with a clean record buys guns then sells them to someone on the street level who then sells them to criminals. You could buy hundreds of guns and flood the streets with them for cash. With no accountability. I just pray that nobody on here that advocates the freelance market of firearms ever has to deal with the negative results of one.

Do I think it should go to the extreme of dna samples or gps crap. No. But, you should have to pass a thorough background investigation and be able to prove that you can legaly own a gun. The biggest thing is holdig criminals who illegally have guns and people who flood the market for cash accountable.

By the way. Anybody who has Onstar. Has gps in their car and can be tracked. Also, all newer cars have a black box in them like flight recorders. FYI

17. Collapse Details

You gotta wonder if the founding fathers would have written things differently if they could see us americans cutting each other down in the streets then hiding behind their hard work as a protection. Also, if cars existed back then, would driving be a right or still a privelage. Not to mention, you were legally allowed to own a human being when the constitution was written too..
    That is something we will never know. so..I think instead of letting YOU re-write the Constitution i'll just stick with the one we have..How about we let Pelosi do it ?...Reed ? Dodd ?...Who do you trust to do it ?

If you read the papers the framers wrote you would understand a little better what it is about. Those guys were pretty smart

18. Collapse Details

trudat... a little reading and it become really clear that our founding fathers intended us to be armed with weaponary effective to keep the government inline.

1. there were horses, buggys and roads, back then...they mentioned nothing about the right to buggy.
    2. violent crime has existed since man discvered violence.
    3. in keeping with the intentions our founding fathes had, if the govt can have machine guns and tanks, it's citizens should be able too.
    Last edited by phragle; 04-07-2009 at 10:30 AM.

19. Collapse Details

I know what you guys are saying.. Ive read the constitution and the founding fathers were definately very intelligent and put alot of hard thought into what they wrote. But, its been over 200 years since that was written. Im just saying some things need to be updated or addressed in keeping with new technology and changing society. Plus, when the constitution was written, was after we just won our independance from a tyrannical and oppressive British government. When British soldiers were allowed to take up accomodations in peoples homes. The idea was that the population would be properly armed to be able to resist a corrupt government if the fledgling United States would become such. Well 200 years have since passed. To properly repel a corrupt government, you would need to have citizens armed with tanks, fighterplanes, explosives, smart weapons, etc. when was the last time a friend called you to come over and take a look at his new tank? It would be pretty cool to have one. Some rich people do but they are not functional pertaining to the armaments.

Firearms in this country have been relegated to self defense, home defense, sporting, hunting or collecting. By law abiding people anyways. The criminals us it for an entirely different reason. I dont advocate an outright ban on weapons. I advocate responsible ownership and I think there should be severe penalties when criminals use them or people use them for criminal acts. I dont have all the answers and am by no means in a position to "rewrite" the constitution. I just think some things need a second look.

20. Collapse Details

and our government isn't becoming more corrupt, and oppresive by the day??

we face greater oppression and less freedom on almost a daily basis...how many new laws are passed a year??

our politicians are corrupt, caring more about personal gain than serviing the public..why?? because they no longer fear or respect the public.