Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Smokin The Sound OSS Race
    Congratulations to Jimmy and Vinnie for not only winning the 750 class, but also for proving that 750's can run with and beat 850's also. Great run and best of luck to the whole Talk'n Trash team this year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 015.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 017.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 019.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Talk'n Trash
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 058.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 060.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 061.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

they did an awesome job, whole team worked hard tested and it paid off ,some great driving as well these classes need to merge along with the catlight to make one great class with all the best teams racing against each other. Combined purse could be serious and the change offshore needs to move forward for the future. Maybe power to weight for the cat classes could do the trick? any thoughts?

4. Collapse Details

Talk'n Trash
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 642.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 644.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 721.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Congratulations to Mike, Jeff, and Team CRC on your win in Biloxi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 052.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 025.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 209.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Team CRC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 020.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 210.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 974.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Team CRC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 829.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 867.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 974.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    I would LOVE to see 750,850 and Cat Light all run together. They are with in 10 mph of each other. Guy's make this happen and we could have 10-15 boats on the line blasting twords turn one. Now thats what the fans would love to see. Its time for a change in the system based on the number of boats still racing. Muller you have my vote on making it happen.
    MD

9. Collapse Details

Typhoon Racing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 464.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 466.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 496.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

The more I think about it is there a option? With a little bit of work on prop size,gear and weight it shouldnt be that hard. The bigger question is are the teams willing to take the risk racing more boats with less winners? Are the teams there to race as many boats as possable and put on one hell of a show or is winning against 2-5 other teams more important and a better feeling of acomplishment.
    MD

11. Collapse Details

Svl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 609.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 498.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 507.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

in 2003 supercat i was so proud to finish 5th out of twelve in Marathon than 2nd out of 4 in ft lauderdale when boat count was down, im sure most true racers feel the same.

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    I agree the 750 and 850 classes are close enough. The Cat lights is a different story. I think if you try to merge all these boats you will just splinter off a new group and turn many into poker run boats. They were built for there perspective classes and many wont take the change well. If a big new purse was introduced with the new rules that would be a different story. To have all these boats reconfigured is a pipe dream IMO.

Randy image as close as the V light class is if you allowed a boat 10 mph faster in. You can take out 2 hundred pounds and give it to him.

14. Collapse Details

Said like a true racer Jay.
    MD

15. Collapse Details

Svl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oss biloxi 2009 181.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 605.jpg   oss biloxi 2009 630.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jem motorsports View Post
    in 2003 supercat i was so proud to finish 5th out of twelve in Marathon than 2nd out of 4 in ft lauderdale when boat count was down, im sure most true racers feel the same.
    I like to race too. I have raced in a class with 24 boats and some with just 2 or 3. Beating a big fleet is great.

Second is still just second though.

17. Collapse Details

thanks randy. Mobilemercman agreed maybe start with 750-850 lets be honest 850-850 but ran on sat behind motley with some 34s on whm and were close to them i think gear change weight it can be done the 525s pull hard out of the corner on any given day could be any one.

18. Collapse Details

It is not my call. It should be the equipment owners or the guy offering a giant purse.

For now lets race the season encourage others to join in, let attrition take its toll, and make changes in the off season.

19. Collapse Details

Jim if we could double our class in size I would be all ears.
    The cat lites are only 3 feet shorter and in some cases the same size. I remember in the Ozarks last year after the restart it took several laps before the 850 boats could touch the Amzoil boat.
    MD

20. Collapse Details

im just trying to open up the discussion to the racers and get input, the large purse would not be by someone it would be by three class purses combined.