Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

I can't stress enough, if you really want to kick the sound up take it to a muffler shop. Have them take off the factory exhaust and run straight pipe out.

The cost is minimal and you can see if you like it for a while. worst case is you are out 100 bucks... but I have yet to find someone who doesn't keep it.

Better than that would be to weld a pip in to bypass the muffler, from the tips to the down pipe over the axle. add in some kind of flap or even a bolt in plate and you can change the sound at will be directing the flow through the muffler or out straight.

Borla made a system like that for the F body cars. came with a few plates, worked great.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by VetteLT193 View Post
    I can't stress enough, if you really want to kick the sound up take it to a muffler shop. Have them take off the factory exhaust and run straight pipe out.

The cost is minimal and you can see if you like it for a while. worst case is you are out 100 bucks... but I have yet to find someone who doesn't keep it.

Better than that would be to weld a pip in to bypass the muffler, from the tips to the down pipe over the axle. add in some kind of flap or even a bolt in plate and you can change the sound at will be directing the flow through the muffler or out straight.

Borla made a system like that for the F body cars. came with a few plates, worked great.
    We've welded in a piece of pipe to bypass the muffler on a few Corvette's and F-Bodies. Another option is electric cut-outs before the muffler.

3. Collapse Details

Here's my question about the straight pipes. Which I would have no problem doing. Would it affect the backpressure for the fuel injection system and the ECM?? I remember when I improved the air flow on my old camaro I had to remap the ecm for the fuel pressure.

4. Collapse Details

I have the billy boats on my 2000 with heads cam & long tubes no cats. the sound is wicked especially at higher rpm's but the drone around 60mph is pretty bad. automatic car with stock gears & converter.

5. Collapse Details

How about a Mini Hawk?

anyone know much about them? I would love to have one painted up like my 38KV.