Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Armed and Dangerous
    Thumbs up
    Well I finally did it. Last night was the final night for my CCDW (Carry Concealed Deadly Weapons) permit class, now just have to wait another few weeks for the final process to come thru to get my card... Not too painful to allow me too carry legally. I was wondering how many other members are "Packin" and if so what do you use for your day to day carry firearm.

Mine now is a Beretta 8040 Cauger in .40 S & W but looking again.....

'When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.'
    ~ Henny Youngman

2. Collapse Details

Congrats !!! Carry a Kahr CW.45, Kahr PM.40 or a Springfield XD(M).40. I like the XD(M) 17 round capacity but at times it can be large to conceal. Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails images_external_external_13b.jpg  
    Last edited by Wardey; 04-03-2009 at 11:36 AM.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

3. Collapse Details

Congrats!! Before to long we'll be lucky if you can get a permit, our new leader seems to be verrry anti-gun. I carry a Kimber Ultra 10 II.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kimber Ultra 10 II 003.jpg  
    The more I know about people, the more I like my dogs

4. Collapse Details

I've been known to carry. lately I've been carrying a Walther PPK/S because of it's size, but I also carry a Clock 27, Sig 239, or an XD45.

5. Collapse Details

I also have a PPK/SS in .380 but not sure of the stopping power but I do like the size for a carry. The Kimber Ultra II is a little bigger and comes in a 45

'When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.'
    ~ Henny Youngman

6. Collapse Details

I carry a 4" XD .40 in a Comp-Tek Minataur IWB holster. It is a large gun so I have to be careful what shirts I wear when I go out to keep it from printing but the holster is great.

I hope to buy a Springfield 1911 .45 3" soon to carry. Should be easier to conceal since it is shorter and narrower.

Also have a little Walther P22 that is great for just throwing in your pocket to run out real fast. Very easy to conceal that one.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XD-40 005.jpg   Walther 2-tone.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Never felt the need to own a gun. I enjoy trap shooting though. A friend of mine has five shotguns and we go out to the range at least once a month...

8. Collapse Details

How about a "How to get a permit for Dummies" for these other folks and I'll read it as well. I thought you had to have a reason (carry lot of cash for business, etc) to be packin?

I'd like to have one but don't know the 1st step in doing

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    How about a "How to get a permit for Dummies" for these other folks and I'll read it as well. I thought you had to have a reason (carry lot of cash for business, etc) to be packin?

I can't verify the accuracy of this, but it addresses Maryland:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2064603_get-...ed-weapon.html

In Ohio, it's a background check, and a combination of classroom instruction (about 10 hours I think) and practical application of shooting techniques (about 2 hours, I think). We do not have to have been recently assaulted. That is nuts. You may need to have someone threaten you, Mark.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

10. Collapse Details

I'm out any way. Step #3:

Ensure that you have three references from reputable citizens. These people should have known you for at least two years but are not related to you.

2 years?? I can't make it past a week or so with them types

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post

In Oklahoma it is to go through 7 hours classroom, range time to prove you can hit the target, Background Check, and about $300 when it is all said and done. That is for a 5 year permit.

12. Collapse Details

I carry my Glock 22 at all times. No CCDW classes needed here in VT.

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Barb and I both have CCW's. She carries a PPK and I have a 45 Colt Commander. I'm a lot nicer to her now that she shot a perfect score on the firearms test(250 out of 250). A lot of guys were suprised too!!
    Jay

14. Collapse Details

Down here in the south I just found out how your supposed to deal with your problem children,,,you take them to the local gun range,,,,,and use them for targets, blow them away,,and then kill yourself,,,happened Sunday afternoon at one of the Shoot Straight ranges in Central Fl. Obviously someone shouldn't have been allowed to play with guns.
    The more I know about people, the more I like my dogs

15. Collapse Details

Think Sunkin said it best, if you carry you need to be ready and be a good shot...... something Plaxico didn't consider.

FL is a few hour class/ couple hundred bucks with no domestic/felony issues in the past. My biggest fear of concealed weapons would be kids getting ahold of them. If you carry often they will see it and become accustomed to it, want to touch it etc. The other issue is leaving it in a car and getting it stolen like the Orlando Police Chief did a couple weeks ago. Nothing to make you feel worse than a gun of yours out on the street doing crimes/killing/etc.

16. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=JupiterSunsation;179829]Think Sunkin said it best, if you carry you need to be ready and be a good shot...... something Plaxico didn't consider.

FL is a few hour class/ couple hundred bucks with no domestic/felony issues in the past. My biggest fear of concealed weapons would be kids getting ahold of them. QUOTE]

Thats why you teach them proper gun safety at an early age. Take away the mystery and they loose the temptation.

17. Collapse Details

Thats why you teach them proper gun safety at an early age. Take away the mystery and they loose the temptation.[/QUOTE]

Amen Brother !!! I have been around firearms as long as I can remember. My father was a firearms instructor with the F.B.I. and he taught me young and he taught me well. That I have passed on to my children and other children. I remember laying out different firearms on my bed one day and asking my daughter which one was a toy. She said she couldn't tell and I said that's right. If you don't know, don't touch. I also ejected the magazine out of one of my semi's and asked , "Is it unloaded now?", she said "no" ,"there could still be one in the chamber". I smiled and had a proud glow about me. I have taught both of my children how to handle guns and what to do and not to do. Maybe that's why my son is an "Expert Rifle" and "Expert Pistol" in the U.S.M.C. !!! Dave
    Last edited by Wardey; 04-12-2009 at 09:18 PM.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

18. Collapse Details

Our son has been shooting since the age of three and yes I carry ,Glock 19 , Sig 245 or Smith 5906.

19. Collapse Details

I carry a Glock 19 and just ordered a Ruger LCP 380.

20. Collapse Details

I carry HK .40 USP

For "home defense" I have an AR-15