Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Low-to-mid 80's, I would guess.

I'm telling you - this boat shows as new.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Frequency View Post
    It looks like a sweet deal. How would a 382 perform with 1.5 ratio XR's and 625 HP a side?
    well......I might be able to answer that

My motors dyno'ed 630hp, 700tq fully dressed on a dyno. I have 1.5 XR's in a 2002 382 with every option but genset (same as this boat it appears). I always have a full load of spare parts/tools, extra lifejackets, 8 docklines, 2 anchors, etc on my boat.

I'm currently running labbed 28P 15.5in 5 blade Maximus for cruise speeds. 3,500 rpms puts me at 54-58gps depending on load/conditions. Best WOT was 5,250 at 82.8 but hits 80 pretty much anyday.

Best topend props are labbed 30P Bravos. Cruise speed was 45-50, but WOT was 85-86 at 5,500 rpms.

(I make peak TQ at 4,200, peak HP at 5,200)

3. Collapse Details

Both boats are awesome....depends on what you are looking for....more speed or keeping the wife happy

4. Collapse Details

PowerQuest Avenger!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Agreed but I like yours better
    Thanks!! I do too.....

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post
    Thanks!! I do too.....
    No prob!

7. Collapse Details

http://jlbco.hypermart.net/380.htm

Here's a very cool looking PQ, that I'd think you could make a hell of a deal on. He's been trying to sell for a while since he can't use it, and is looking for offers.

I wish it was in my range, because I think it'll go for a pretty great deal.

8. Collapse Details

Thanks everyone for your input. I appreciate the comparisons as well as the opportunities. Definitely a lot of "good to go" boats out there. It looks like the ride quality breakdown goes like this:

Top Gun
    382 / PQ 380
    Cafe / 357 SR-1

Sound about right?

So here's the real world question for the smaller boats: Will the Cafe ride noticeably better than the 353? Anyone have an opinion that's been in both of these models?

9. Collapse Details

Frequency: Don't forget some on your list are stepped hulls, and some aren't. A few years ago, on the same day, I got to ride in a 42 Fountain stepped hull, and a 38 Top Gun NON-step hull. The TG did not feel solid or stable running in other's wakes at 80mph, racing another boat, and that surprised the heck out of me. I suspect the driver was too far trimmed out, but I really don't know. That part of the lake was somewhat smooth except for wakes from boats up ahead. The 42 Fountain (might not even have as long a running surface as the TG) rode great!! I'm not really a Fountain guy, but this ride made me reconsider my views. From Horny Toad to Shooters and back on a Sat afternoon, there were large waves we crossed at cruising speed that I was bracing for, and I would never have tried in my 30' conventional hull without slowing down, and the 42 just sliced right through them like they were not there. Coming back he opened it up and the boat still rode well. Food for thought.

10. Collapse Details

I still think that if you're going to spend lots of time onboard and want to keep the missus happy, you're going to wind up with the 382 or the Powerquest. I know both boats, and they are well-kept.

11. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Both boats are great....both have tremendous ride quality...The Cig is a bit more of a wave crusher...The Formula is probably the best built production boat on the market have extensive knowledge on both of them as well as actual seat time in both, in both pleasure and race versions.... If it comes down to making your wife happy go with the Formula w/525's at least it will give you enough speed (almost) to satisfy the adrenaline junkie and her enough amenities like home....if the wife loves boating like I do I would probably pick a Cig with some decent power in it.....My .02 worth
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

12. Collapse Details

I'm biased but take a look at 36' Apache's. The boat thinks it's a 41' and the cabin is cavernous with lots of head room, probably the most in its class. My wife loves it and so do I.

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    I'm biased but take a look at 36' Apache's. The boat thinks it's a 41' and the cabin is cavernous with lots of head room, probably the most in its class. My wife loves it and so do I.
    My bad you know I am an Apache guy through and through Frank
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

14. Collapse Details

Registered
    I always heard that the twin step powerquests 38' had handling issues?

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by northernoffshore View Post
    I always heard that the twin step powerquests 38' had handling issues?
    Some of the early ones had the hulls reworked by the factory. If you search on "the other site" in the PQ forum, you'll find some threads on it that have posts from former PQ employees that have firsthand knowledge of what the problems were and what was done to fix them. I've been on a '99 with hopped up 525SC's and 12" boxes and it handled just fine at any speed.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    My bad you know I am an Apache guy through and through Frank

I always wanted a top gun and even a 41' pache until I got inside the cockpit and cabin.. the 4.5' to 5' head room was a killer for me.

The raised deck Bobby put on the 36' really helped!

17. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    Some of the early ones had the hulls reworked by the factory. If you search on "the other site" in the PQ forum, you'll find some threads on it that have posts from former PQ employees that have firsthand knowledge of what the problems were and what was done to fix them. I've been on a '99 with hopped up 525SC's and 12" boxes and it handled just fine at any speed.
    Thanks for the response , I know a guy who must of had an earlier one .

18. Collapse Details

Where are you in Ft. Myers ?

Couple thoughts ....

1. For that area ... you really can do ALOT of boating with a nice 28 - 30 + foot CC .

2. The Cafe has a "better" ride then all of the boats mentioned save the Gun ( I know a few guys with TopGuns that used to have Cafe's that wish theyy had there Cafe back )

3. The cabin in the Cafe's are pretty roomy !

4. The right 36 Apache will ride a little better then the Cafe and does have a more roomy cabin .

5. Cigs are much easier to resell ... especially in this market .

6. What makes you want to move away from your current boat ?

7. Down there in the salt .... 2 boats are better then one ... especially if one has O/B's !

My vote would be for the Cafe from LOTO ... or keep your Envision (for a while) ... do a nice newer CC and enjoy boating everyday !

19. Collapse Details

I'd also throw the 37' Outerlimits on the list. I recently saw a repo with 500's for like 75-85K. with 500's it'll run 80 mph or so.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LEOPAJM View Post
    Where are you in Ft. Myers ?

Couple thoughts ....

1. For that area ... you really can do ALOT of boating with a nice 28 - 30 + foot CC .

2. The Cafe has a "better" ride then all of the boats mentioned save the Gun ( I know a few guys with TopGuns that used to have Cafe's that wish theyy had there Cafe back )

3. The cabin in the Cafe's are pretty roomy !

4. The right 36 Apache will ride a little better then the Cafe and does have a more roomy cabin .

5. Cigs are much easier to resell ... especially in this market .

6. What makes you want to move away from your current boat ?

7. Down there in the salt .... 2 boats are better then one ... especially if one has O/B's !

My vote would be for the Cafe from LOTO ... or keep your Envision (for a while) ... do a nice newer CC and enjoy boating everyday !
    The Cafe I posted a link to is one nice ride.