Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Your Screen Name, Avatar, Sig Line Story
    Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's many I've wondered about. When BobTheBuilder asked about mine in Key West, and pronounced it wrong, I wanted to start this thread, so here goes.

My Avatar is Rat Fink driving our Black Thunder with Tickle Me Elmo screaming alongside. I've always been a "Big Daddy" Roth fan and collect some of his work. I used to do cartoon work way back.

The Sig Line took a long time to come up with. I actually found the saying on a Bar/Restuarant wall and the Serious Off Shore smilie I found on-line.

The Screen Name I took because the boat is radical for a Black Thunder with the 3A's, 750's, etc., has two "Rat" motors, and I had to come up with something to finish off the word Radical and be unique, so.....

Here's from "my" dictionary

1rad•i•cal
    Pronunciation:
    \ˈra-di-kəl\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin radicalis, from Latin radic-, radix root
    Date: 14th century
    1: of or relating to the origin : FUNDAMENTAL
    2 a: marked by a considerable departure from the usual or traditional : EXTREME b: tending or disposed to make extreme changes in existing views, habits, conditions, or institutions c: of, relating to, or constituting a group associated with views, practices, and policies of extreme change d: advocating extreme measures to retain or restore a state of affairs <the radical right>
    3 slang : EXCELLENT , COOL

1rat•ick•le
    Pronunciation:
    \ˈra-ti-kəl\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Ratrod English,
    from Early 1960’s ratickalis, from Beatnik Bandit ratic-, ratix root
    from Mid 1990’s tickalis, from TMX Elmo tickle-, tixal root

Date: 21st century
    1: of or relating to the origin, base, stock <the rat Big Block Chevy>: FUNDAMENTAL
    2 a: marked by a considerable departure from the usual or traditional < tickle my privates> EXTREME b: tending or disposed to make changes in existing views, habits, conditions, or performance vehicles < Rat Fink > c: of, relating to, or constituting a group associated with views, practices, and policies of high performance change, assistance, and improvement < Serious Offshore > d: advocating extreme measures to retain or restore a state of affairs <the ratickle Ed “Big Daddy” Roth and “Elmo”-mania>
    3 slang : EXCELLENT , COOL , VERY FAST

Let's hear your story......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BT at Rest.JPG   RatickleLogo0017.BMP  
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

shut up you mook
    VP of Operations, GLOC's Fastest Pontoon 2009

3. Collapse Details

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails curious george ether.jpg   tut150.jpg   Ride 'em, Cow-monkey!.jpg  

Last edited by Chris; 03-24-2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Ride 'em cow-monkey!!!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

4. Collapse Details

MarylandMark.

Um.

5. Collapse Details

Bobcat, because My name is Bob and I ran the Bobcat for ten years, beats the hell out of s h i t h e a d
    Parabellum FJ²B

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    I picked "Dude! Sweet!" based on my affection for the movies "Dude Where's My Car?!" and "The Big Lebowski". Just sort of popped into my head randomly. I had the King Tut charachter from the original Batman series as my Avitar for a long time. I can only attribute that to misfiring synapses. I thought it was funny, but can't explain why.

I got bored with it a while ago, but I thought people sort of recognized me by it, so I left it. I'm taking the opportunity to change it to something more appropriate with our fresh start over here on SO... The new one just sort of fit, as you know, there's nothing more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge.
    So ether is the problem, and beer is the solution?

Why the monkey on the dog???
    Last edited by Ratickle; 03-24-2009 at 05:30 PM.

7. Collapse Details

Got mine from mom. I'm not terribly creative.

The avatar changes regularly- whatever strikes my fancy. Lately it's been some of the creations over on bustedtees.com

8. Collapse Details

The dogs face!!!! Duh!!!!!!! That would B George in real life!!!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    So ether is the problem, and beer is the solution?

Why the monkey on the dog???
    Just saw it on my hard drive when I was looking for the other pics and if monkies are inherently funny, then a cowboy monkey riding a dog (both intent on their task, apparently) has to be worth a gratuitious toss-in whenever you get the chance.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that ether was a problem...

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that ether was a problem...
    I choose to read that as "either."

We love monkeys around here. Keep em coming. :coolgleamA:
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I choose to read that as "either."

We love monkeys around here. Keep em coming. :coolgleamA:
    What's your story fund?

12. Collapse Details

What's your story fund?
    Homer, his idol!!!!!!!

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    Homer, his idol!!!!!!!
    Matt Groenig was the one I drew cartoons with in high school.

14. Collapse Details

the pik is simple, rebellious, intoxicated, troublemaking yet intelligent jackass, who believes the world exists to be corrupted for personal enjoyment....
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

15. Collapse Details

What's your story fund?
    I was thinking about fund razor for a boat name. I am a development officer by trade (fundraiser) and I figured that as fast as I raise it... the boat razes it. But I never used it, and when I joined a forum about 5 or 6 years ago, I decided to use it, and the Homer that I have as an avatar today. I have had a lot of avatars.... but the Homer seems to be the one that people associate with me. So... when I joined here I decided to stay with fund razor. Most people over the years started calling me fund, which is fine with me.

People do tend to remember it. Whenever I get introduced at an event as "fund razor" people start laughing, say "no way!!" and then they stop, and then they look at me nervously and I smile... and they laugh again. I can't change it now.

I do still change the avatar tho.... I still crack up when I use the two cuban ladies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cuban-women-smoking.jpg  
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

16. Collapse Details

I have been asked if Blue Oval is the pill for the old men,nope,just a family tradition!I was raised in a family dealership,still keeping the tradition going.

17. Collapse Details

Perlmudder came from about grade 8 when I decided I was going to be a rapper. Seemed like a good career choice. My last name is Perlstein and alot of my friends call me Jperl so I took part of that, and thought about how rappers well, rap, and I came up with mutter. But that didn't sound right so i changed it to mudder. Then whamo! Perlmudder was born. The name sort of went under for a couple years until I told one of my sisters boyfriends about it, and he started calling me it. From then on, it just sort of stuck.

My display pic with the letters "HHH" stands for a website I'm trying to get started. It stands for Hebrew Hymen Hunters. It's sorta like the lifestyle me and some friends live, just hanging out with chicks, making bad decisions. A university version of milf hunter if you will. I've got a website, but it needs work, so that's my goal for the summer.

My signature line comes from the old joke that people always bust out. A friend sent me a picture one day with it on it, and it was the funniest thing I had seen in a while. Since I'm a joker, it just sort of fits.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HHH.jpg   1223512827678.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Oval View Post
    I have been asked if Blue Oval is the pill for the old men,nope,just a family tradition!I was raised in a family dealership,still keeping the tradition going.
    The blue pill is the family tradition???

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perlmudder View Post
    Perlmudder came from about grade 8 when I decided I was going to be a rapper. Seemed like a good career choice. My last name is Perlstein and alot of my friends call me Jperl so I took part of that, and thought about how rappers well, rap, and I came up with mutter. But that didn't sound right so i changed it to mudder. Then whamo! Perlmudder was born. The name sort of went under for a couple years until I told one of my sisters boyfriends about it, and he started calling me it. From then on, it just sort of stuck.

My display pic with the letters "HHH" stands for a website I'm trying to get started. It stands for Hebrew Hymen Hunters. It's sorta like the lifestyle me and some friends live, just hanging out with chicks, making bad decisions. A university version of milf hunter if you will. I've got a website, but it needs work, so that's my goal for the summer.

My signature line comes from the old joke that people always bust out. A friend sent me a picture one day with it on it, and it was the funniest thing I had seen in a while. Since I'm a joker, it just sort of fits.
    Ahhhhh, detention......

20. Collapse Details

Buoy is just a shortened version of "buoyhunter" which I've used for about ten yrs. on other sites.
    The name comes from a late night run when I was young and less wise and inadvertently sideswiped an unlit big 'ole steel nun-buoy. Did some glass damage that wasn't serious, but it still kept me off the water for a good portion of the summer. I named the boat Buoyhunter after that as a joke making fun of myself (boat was previously un-named). I've learned alot since then.

The Av, Jullian from the Canadian TV show Trailer Park Boys. I'm a huge fan, the show is hilarious. If you're familiar with the show, Jullian has a drink in his hand at all times. I posted a vid over the weekend where the main characters are trying to make a getaway towing an airstream full of dope with an S-10, and roll the rig. Jullian get's out of the truck (on it's roof), and still has the drink in his hand. I can identify with that, because if you ever see me out, and I don't have a drink in my hand - put one there
    I think when Dude!Sweet! and I finally meet up, he's going to be disappointed that I don't look like Jullian.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".